Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #61
mepps1
Registered User
 
mepps1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gillette, WY
Age: 42
Posts: 6,463
Re: Venezula is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hardcore paleo.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #62
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help
 
riplipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fleming Isle/Jax
Posts: 4,469
Re: Venezula is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Hardcore paleo.
__________________
If Democrats don't want foreigners involved in our elections, why do they think it's all right for illegals to vote?
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:08 PM   #63
OBLIGATED
Registered User
 
OBLIGATED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Board meeting
Age: 57
Posts: 6,821
Re: Venezula is dying

On the up side Obesity levels are down!
__________________
Seven out of ten women are battered.Im still eating mine plain.
OBLIGATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #64
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 38,495
Re: Venezula is dying

Recent Wave Of Looting Shows Extent Of Hunger In Venezuela
__________________
When you're diving in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a Moray.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #65
PoseidonSv
Registered User
 
PoseidonSv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13
Send a message via ICQ to PoseidonSv Send a message via MSN to PoseidonSv Send a message via Yahoo to PoseidonSv
Re: Venezula is dying

Cia and americans always try to undermine Venezuela because they give oil to Cuba cheap and they were more allied with Russia than United States. Dont say problem is Socialism it was mostly tyrrany because he Chavez controlled all and most imporantly media. Now after he was gone total corruption leaves refineries run by corrupt prople not caring for overhaul or safety. And American foreign policy makers are happy thsy country has collapsed because less competition. Most things are ptomlems when natural resources and power is at stake. Too much Socialism scare in Americans. USAIs only one choice more away from one party system....
PoseidonSv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:05 PM   #66
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help
 
riplipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fleming Isle/Jax
Posts: 4,469
Re: Venezula is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseidonSv View Post
Cia and americans always try to undermine Venezuela because they give oil to Cuba cheap and they were more allied with Russia than United States. Dont say problem is Socialism it was mostly tyrrany because he Chavez controlled all and most imporantly media. Now after he was gone total corruption leaves refineries run by corrupt prople not caring for overhaul or safety. And American foreign policy makers are happy thsy country has collapsed because less competition. Most things are ptomlems when natural resources and power is at stake. Too much Socialism scare in Americans. USAIs only one choice more away from one party system....
We are very familiar with policies, agendas and controlled media. That is what many of us are very much against. And we continuously struggle with the people who swallow the jiz spewed by the government and the media, who are so corrupt you would think it would be obvious, but its appears not to be.
50% of our voters voted for a habitually corrupt Hillary, professionally corrupt politician. Not saying Trump is a savior, but he does not have a history of corrupt politics. He does have a history of paying politicians......like Hillary
__________________
If Democrats don't want foreigners involved in our elections, why do they think it's all right for illegals to vote?
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:26 PM   #67
OBLIGATED
Registered User
 
OBLIGATED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Board meeting
Age: 57
Posts: 6,821
Re: Venezula is dying

Hugo and Fidel or getting satans barbed dick in hell now.They are good communists now....Dead communists.
I have Cuban inlaws here and in Cuba.Fidel died a billionaire while he starved the people on 20 dollars a month allowance.Socialism was so good the people risk drowning on an old innertube to get to racist America.Women with teaching degrees prostituting themselves for 20 bucks a day to tourists because despite what Michael Moore says there is no stocked shelves of medicine or food.
__________________
Seven out of ten women are battered.Im still eating mine plain.
OBLIGATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:40 PM   #68
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 38,495
Re: Venezula is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseidonSv View Post
Cia and americans always try to undermine Venezuela because they give oil to Cuba cheap and they were more allied with Russia than United States. Dont say problem is Socialism it was mostly tyrrany because he Chavez controlled all and most imporantly media. Now after he was gone total corruption leaves refineries run by corrupt prople not caring for overhaul or safety. And American foreign policy makers are happy thsy country has collapsed because less competition. Most things are ptomlems when natural resources and power is at stake. Too much Socialism scare in Americans. USAIs only one choice more away from one party system....
We do understand that corrupt forces within our own gov't is a major part of the problem. It's F'in sad! IMO, it's criminal to impose sanctions upon a country that's hurting so badly. The people will have to stand up to their corrupt gov't at some point in time if they want to survive. Hopefully, they'll elect someone other than a bus driver or foreign aligned puppet to rule them...hopefully someone that shuns the corruption associated with socialism and allows the free market economy to flourish. History hath shown the debilitating effects of socialism.
Yes, we have problems with our alleged capitalism, but the real problem lies with the regulators and the corruption of kick backs/lobbyists. Who regulates the regulators??
__________________
When you're diving in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a Moray.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:08 PM   #69
HARVESTER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,645
Re: Venezula is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
We do understand that corrupt forces within our own gov't is a major part of the problem. It's F'in sad! IMO, it's criminal to impose sanctions upon a country that's hurting so badly. The people will have to stand up to their corrupt gov't at some point in time if they want to survive. Hopefully, they'll elect someone other than a bus driver or foreign aligned puppet to rule them...hopefully someone that shuns the corruption associated with socialism and allows the free market economy to flourish. History hath shown the debilitating effects of socialism.
Yes, we have problems with our alleged capitalism, but the real problem lies with the regulators and the corruption of kick backs/lobbyists. Who regulates the regulators??
Who regulates the regulators??[/quote]

Such a pile of sht they are, with clear conscious they destroy small business while getting paid a salary and benefits to do so... They should advocate for the little guy instead of sucking it. The process is fooked. One of the best examples is Tilefish. 1 percent delegated towards recreational fishermen now. Are you f'kn kidding me? Who is being sucked-off?
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #70
Nix
Registered User
 
Nix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Costa Rica/Trinidad & Tobago
Posts: 818
Re: Venezula is dying

His point was that most of the world's countries are strongly socialist. Most of the developed world too. Venezuela's problem is not socialism. To say Venezuela's economic problem is due to socialism is as intelligent as saying the US has a high debt to GDP ratio because of democracy. Neither is true.
__________________
Keep Smiling

Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:42 AM   #71
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 38,495
Re: Venezula is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
To say Venezuela's economic problem is due to socialism is as intelligent as saying the US has a high debt to GDP ratio because of democracy. Neither is true.
You changed my words. I said "the corruption associated with socialism". Big difference.
IMO, the more centralized a gov't is, which socialism requires, the more opportunities for corruption exists. This corruption is what kills the state. one we be very hard pressed to find any successful (lasting hundreds of years) socialistic society. True capitalism and the way the USA was intended to be constructed did not have a huge centralized gov't. Our founders put plenty of content in the constitution to try and prevent a big central gov't. But alas, the creeping insidious corruption has taken over. Now we are doomed.
The globalists' agenda had a LOT to do with our fate.
__________________
When you're diving in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a Moray.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:43 AM   #72
Nix
Registered User
 
Nix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Costa Rica/Trinidad & Tobago
Posts: 818
Re: Venezula is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You changed my words. I said "the corruption associated with socialism". Big difference.
IMO, the more centralized a gov't is, which socialism requires, the more opportunities for corruption exists. This corruption is what kills the state. one we be very hard pressed to find any successful (lasting hundreds of years) socialistic society. True capitalism and the way the USA was intended to be constructed did not have a huge centralized gov't. Our founders put plenty of content in the constitution to try and prevent a big central gov't. But alas, the creeping insidious corruption has taken over. Now we are doomed.
The globalists' agenda had a LOT to do with our fate.
Nice ethnocentric little speech.
So, that said, basically you are saying every country on the planet does not run it's economy well. Please buy a plane ticket to somewhere new and stop thinking the internet will teach you enough.
If you haven't seen corruption in private enterprise you need to get out more.
__________________
Keep Smiling

Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:10 AM   #73
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help
 
riplipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fleming Isle/Jax
Posts: 4,469
Re: Venezula is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
If you haven't seen corruption in private enterprise you need to get out more.
The corruption in private enterprise is almost always related to a politician(Government) wouldn't you say???
__________________
If Democrats don't want foreigners involved in our elections, why do they think it's all right for illegals to vote?
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #74
PoseidonSv
Registered User
 
PoseidonSv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13
Send a message via ICQ to PoseidonSv Send a message via MSN to PoseidonSv Send a message via Yahoo to PoseidonSv
Re: Venezula is dying

I just like to say there seems to be very educated smart people above since I am stunned by such smart and thoughtful replies and insights and personal experiences. I wish the world was more like this we can discuss diassagree but foremost I myself learn from reading your replies.

Without a doubt you and not really sane...........

The above sentence could be read in two different ways but i like to read above sentence as if you never doubt or questing then you might not be fully sane.
Also proves we can read what someone writes but our interpretation is not always right.

Thanks all.
PoseidonSv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:41 PM   #75
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 38,495
Re: Venezula is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
Nice ethnocentric little speech.
So, that said, basically you are saying every country on the planet does not run it's economy well. Please buy a plane ticket to somewhere new and stop thinking the internet will teach you enough.
If you haven't seen corruption in private enterprise you need to get out more.
I'm not sure how you interpreted that from what I posted....but, it's not the job of the gov't to run the economy, all they can do is F' it up. Anything that big central gov't does is bad. The gov't that governs closest, governs best.
Regarding the last sentence, I never inferred such, BUT as RIP alluded to, the corruption requires an enabler. That would be the regulator and someone to provide kickbacks to...to begin with. It used to be CONgress' job to break up monopolies, now they're in the business of creating them and then controlling them for their own agenda.
BTW, your smugness doesn't benefit you...just keeps you misinformed.
__________________
When you're diving in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a Moray.

Last edited by Marcus; 01-18-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com