Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2010 Tournament Archives > 2010 BBO Big Bang! Open Tournament - July 16-18, 2010

2010 BBO Big Bang! Open Tournament - July 16-18, 2010 The Biggest Spear Wars Battle in the Galaxies

Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #16
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Smile Re: 2010 Big Bang! Open OFFICIAL PHOTOS - Prize, Trophy and Awards Feeding Frenzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverlen View Post
Tony, regarding the BBO, I don't ever recall seeing such an array of ultra nice prizes. I don't know how you do it, but I am truly amazed. What a job you and your volunteers did. I will be telling people about this event for years. Len
Yeah Len - this year's prize wall was bursting at the seams!

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #17
Haron

Re: 2010 Big Bang! Open OFFICIAL PHOTOS - Prize, Trophy and Awards Feeding Frenzy!

What a great show!!! I wish I could make it one day to the tournament! But at least I saw some happy winners holding my silver divers I hope people liked them.
Haron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #18
justing1223

Re: 2010 Big Bang! Open OFFICIAL PHOTOS - Prize, Trophy and Awards Feeding Frenzy!

Class act is the only way to describe this past Sunday!! I thoroughly enjoyed myself, as did everyone else I'm sure! Thanks again for all the hard work and effort put forth from all that made it possible!
justing1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #19
Gradyman
Man on a Mission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haron View Post
...I hope people liked them.
I know they did...those are very cool pendants and there were non left!

If you lose your wealth you've lost nothing, if you lose your health you've lost something, if you lose your integrity you've lost everything.

When there is nothing left but God,you find out that God is all you need.

Our thoughts become words...words become actions...actions become habits...habits become character and it becomes our destiny.
Gradyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #20
Chip's Ahoy

I want to say THANKS AGAIN to Tony and all the BBO sponsors, especially Force-E for my dive package including a computer! I look forward to the Spearboard tournaments every year, this year I finally got to go home with some glass and from what I saw it seemed like everyone walked away with a great prize(s) and 3 days of FUN and lots of stories. I have never seen a prize table with so many spearguns. THANKS also to the volunteers for making it happen, that had to be the smoothest weigh-in yet!
Thanks Tony for another great tournament....
Maybe next year Kevin.
Chip's Ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #21
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Thumbs up Re: 2010 Big Bang! Open OFFICIAL PHOTOS - Prize, Trophy and Awards Feeding Frenzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip's Ahoy View Post
I want to say THANKS AGAIN to Tony and all the BBO sponsors, especially Force-E for my dive package including a computer! I look forward to the Spearboard tournaments every year, this year I finally got to go home with some glass and from what I saw it seemed like everyone walked away with a great prize(s) and 3 days of FUN and lots of stories. I have never seen a prize table with so many spearguns. THANKS also to the volunteers for making it happen, that had to be the smoothest weigh-in yet!
Maybe next year Kevin.
Congratulations Chip - you deserve a big win after all these years!

The prize you chose of the BC, Tank, computer, and guages package from Force E was worth over $1,500 and that tank is the size you usually use.

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

Old 07-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #22
Rocker John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haron View Post
What a great show!!! I wish I could make it one day to the tournament! But at least I saw some happy winners holding my silver divers I hope people liked them.
My wife loves hers. Thank you so much.
Rocker John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #23
phil herranen

i guess this is who im going to get a call from .what is his name and what place, category was it?
phil
Attached Images

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:13 AM   #24
scubajobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil herranen View Post
i guess this is who im going to get a call from .what is his name and what place, category was it?
phil
chad palan top freediver.
scubajobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 AM   #25
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Thumbs up Re: 2010 Big Bang! Open OFFICIAL PHOTOS - Prize, Trophy and Awards Feeding Frenzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil herranen View Post
phil
Yup Phil,

Chad Palan is probably one of the best free dive spearfishermen in the world. You have seen him featured as a diving buddy of Sheri Daye on the TV show Speargun Hunter. He has won so many tournaments, it is hard to keep track. Your prize has gone to a phenomenal freediving competitor.

I am sure he will contact you soon, Tony

These were the standings:

2010 BIG BANG OPEN CHAMPION

Chip Garber - 110.75 Aggregate Points
Chad Palan - 102.625
Jerry Lancaster - 101.875

TOP FREEDIVER

Chad Palan – 102.625 Aggregate Points
Matthew Brueckner - 72.125
Stoker Larsen - 67.375

Old 07-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #26
Speargasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip's Ahoy View Post
Maybe next year Kevin.
I'm right on your heels Chip. I was trained by the best in this area so watch out. :0)

Kevin
Speargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #27
Haron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jciulla2001 View Post
My wife loves hers. Thank you so much.
Really happy to hear that! Enjoy!!!
Haron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #28
rhyne

wow... Looks like an absolutely amazing event! From the participants to the prizes to the sheer size of it... awesome! There are enough prizes to outfit a new shop. haha. Congratulations to all of the winners. No doubt the bar was set high and you came out on top. Way to go!

www.BRINKexpeditions.com - 6-pack Spearfishing, fishing & Custom Charters. San Diego, CA
Your Gateway to What Lie Beyond the Shoreline

www.coroflot.com/RyanSweeney - Apparel Design & Development
rhyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #29
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

The thank you messages to the sponsors are pouring in for me to relay to them.

Here are a few:

Quote:
Thank you Persistent for your generous donation of freediving fins and mask. I will harvest many fish using your product. Best of luck to your company. Bill narvaez.
Quote:
Tony.

Wanted to let you know I appreciate all the work you do on the Open! Really want to thank Pipin / Persistant for their sponsorship. Without them these tournaments would not happen. The gear I got (Stunner115, Longblade fins and mask) are all incredible prizes. Looking forward to your next event wherever it may be.

Regards
Stephen Sanders
Sleg Fishing Inc.

Quote:
Beuchat! And Force E semper fi! Clint
Quote:
I already sent thank you emails to Dave at armor bags and Aaron at crist spears. Of course a very big thanks goes to you Tony for organizing a great event.

Chiung
Quote:
Thank you from speartech....
Quote:
I received a nice buechat speargun. Very impressed with trigger mechanism, extremely smooth. Also got a sliptip (not sure who's), jbl kll spike, and persistant knife

Thanks for putting on such a great even tony

Dylan Page
Quote:
Thanks again for the tournament. I sent TritonX an e-mail with a photo of me with my wet suit, that Len took in front of BBO banner. Cannon Moore
Quote:
Tony

I Wanted to take a minute to thank you for putting on a awesome tournament. Especially want to thank Haron of Modern Solutions for the beautiful Figurines. They will be seen by lots of people as my daughters want to wear them 24/7. They will be in style at all of Dads weighins and now Dad has to et his picked out !

Thanks again!
Stephen Sanders
Sleg Fishing Inc.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #30
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

And here come some more thanks to the sponsors:

Quote:
Thanks Tony but I already took your advice and contacted JBL directly to thank them. Had a great time in my first tournament. Thanks, Jeff Wallace
Quote:
Dear Sirs,

My name is Yury Bylina and even through I am very new to spearfishing, I was lucky enough to receive a beautiful 3mm yamomoto neoprene wetsuit made by JBL at the 2010 Big Bang Open. I'm extremely pleased with the quality and the comfort of this suit. It seems to me that your company made an enormous progress and on the right track of being one of the best brands in the industry. I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity of owning one without any costs to me.

Also, I'm pleased to announce that I will be competing in 2010 National Spearfishing Championship and I believe that this wetsuit will be an essential part of my success and I would do my best for myself, my team and my sponsor. Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Yury Bylina
Palm Beach Freedivers