Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2015 Tournament and Event Archives > 2015 The Blue Wild Expo - February 21-22, 2015

2015 The Blue Wild Expo - February 21-22, 2015 This is a world-class spearfishing, diving and water sports event with 1,000s of participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
Sheri
So Little Time

Arrow Announcing The Blue Wild 2015!

Blue Wild Ocean Adventure and Marine Art Expo Set for February 21-22
Florida’s only consumer water sports event to feature exhibits, demos and marine art

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (November 10, 2014) – The 8th annual, 2015 Blue Wild Ocean Adventure and Marine Art Expo is set to take place at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center from February 21 to 22.

Spanning more than 80,000 square feet of exhibit space and featuring more than 130 exhibitors, inside and out, the interactive Expo will include exhibits, seminars, workshops and demonstrations covering freediving, scuba diving, spearfishing, lobstering, board sports, underwater photography, videography, and marine art.

New additions to this year’s event include an outdoor Adventure Zone featuring two large pools where guests can try out new water toys and take part in professional demonstrations including kayaking, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), and breath-hold techniques. Additional attractions include swimwear fashion shows and a display from Contender Boats.

Speakers include Emmy Award winning filmmaker Stan Waterman; outdoorsman and TV star Manny Puig, spearfishing champion and whale videographer Rob Torelli from Australia, shipwreck explorer Mike Barnette, and others. Marine artists including Carey Chen, Pascal Lecocq, Randall Scott, Steve Ozment, Craig Dietrich, Don Ray, K.C. Scott, displaying a huge selection of marine-themed artwork.

“We strive to offer great deals, the best speakers and workshops in the industry, and the right atmosphere for attendees to meet other watersport enthusiasts and have a great time,” said Sheri Daye, the event’s producer. “We’re entering our eighth year and this is our biggest and most exciting show yet.”

Admission is $23 at the door. Kids 12 and under are free. Admission includes entry to the Saturday night Blue Wild After Party at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach where guests can mingle with industry experts, celebrities, and enjoy BBQ and happy hour specials.

Show hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The Blue Wild After Party is from 7:30 to 11 p.m. For more information please visit TheBlueWild.com. Like The Blue Wild Ocean Adventure and Marine Art Expo on Facebook at Facebook.com/TheBlueWild.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BlueWild_Adv2b.jpg
Views:	1787
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	212159  

Last edited by Sheri; 11-09-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:07 AM   #2
Ballenita

Re: Announcing The Blue Wild 2015!

Ill be there, again. lol
Great seeing you again last night Sheri. The club is excited.

Ballenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #3
FreedivinFool
Dane

Stoked!

www.youtube.com/spearriffe
FreedivinFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:08 AM   #4
HeadHunter
Dan MacMahon

Going to be another fantastic weekend! Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff and meeting some great people!

Smart people realize they know very little.
Stupid people think they know everything.
HeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

The Blue Wild has grown into a huge event that features top notch industry speakers, custom spear gear, and artisans. If you have never attended, or if it has been a few years since you attended, you should really try to make it there this year. I heard Dan McMahon and Mike Barnette are planning a presentation on a discovery they found in the Gulf. Dan showed me a little of the footage a while back and trust me, you don't want to miss their presentation. Congrats to Sheri and all the hard working volunteers who make this event such a huge success. See ya there.

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:26 AM   #6
EdHall

Going!
EdHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:09 PM   #7
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

Sheri:

I'm exhausted! The travel, the set up, the unpacking, the hour after hour of standing and talking, breaking down our display/booth and then packing it up again - definitely takes its toll.

What a GREAT show. Very well worth it. I got to meet so many new people and catch up with old friends. The constant stream of customers coming by with their thanks and sharing their stories and pictures of fish - There's nothing like it.

I have no idea what the attendance was, but it had to be 50% higher than prior years. The best show ever!

Thanks

Dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!

Last edited by MAKO Spearguns; 02-22-2015 at 11:19 PM.
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:47 AM   #8
Wile E. Coyote

I wanted to say thanks to Sheri as well!

I took a few seconds timeout during the show and stepped back and looked around; the space is huge!!!

There are 12 foot pole spears and vendor flags/sails popping up high in the air all over the place, but they don't even reach half way to the ceiling. The end of the room looks like a football field or two away!

....as large as the space is every inch is jam packed full; artwork, paddle boards, kayaks, fins, guns & parts, a marine aquarium...the list is endless. There is a steady background noise from a hundred different conversations simultaneously taking place about subjects each group is passionate about.

Then I started to think of the work to put the show on! The check list of items must be endless...venue itself, coordinating the booths, catering, parking, floor maps, signs, schedules...guessing the list is 6 feet long haha

I just wanted to say thanks to you and all the volunteers, since it's an event I look forward to every year!

Rob
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #9
Johnoly
Big Time Bug Hunter

Sheri and the "Blue Shirt Babes" did an outstanding job, even when their first disaster happened 2 hours before the show even opened. They had every thing running smoother than a glass flat day on the ocean.

I was shocked at how busy and packed Sunday was. It was over 300% what I expected, we never got a rest and were packed non-stop. The outdoor section was huge and I laughed as one guy failed to do a headstand on the S.U.P and splashed. Many people were shocked at the shallow water blackout demo and had never see that in real life just 5 feet away.

AWESOME SHOW and the best yet !! (P.S. You're gonna need more room!!)
Old 02-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #10
Thin man

I wanted to post that Sheri is pretty awesome. That's probably not a surprise to anyone, but she took good care of my family on Saturday. I'm just a weekend spearo who can get out when I can find a ride and get grace from my wife to leave her and my three little kids behind. This was my first Blue Wild and I brought the family up. The whole experience was put together well, from the registration, seminars, vendor setup, and the environment that was created by Sheri and her team. It was worth the price of admission to see my family excited about the event. Then came the raffle and the point of my long winded story. We didn't win anything and my kids, 8, 6, and 4, fought a bunch of college kids for the free swag that got tossed into the crowd at the end and came up empty handed. One of my daughters didn't quite get the point and approached Sheri, telling her that she and her brother and sister would like some free stuff. Sheri could have patted them all on the head and told them better luck next time, which is what I would have done, but she didn't. She called Manny Diaz of Tito Spearguns who brought a box of stuffed animals and let the kids pick their own stuffed animal. It was a very cool move by a class act. It's something I won't forget. Thank you Sheri!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Wild Nawyns.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	215235  

Last edited by Thin man; 02-23-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Thin man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #11
kmoose
Team Headhunter

I agree, if you look up "Class Act" in the dictionary you'll find Sheri's picture. Glad you guys made it and had a good time.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #12
EdHall

Was a nice show, but I only got to spend a few hours there. Re-breather diving stuff took precedence this time. NEXT year I will attend the whole thing. I did not expect it to be as nice as it was.
EdHall is offline   Reply With Quote