Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Freshwater Shooting

Freshwater Shooting Live inland, away from the ocean? Tell us about freshwater hunting here.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
aaron proffitt
He kills just for fun....

Send a message via Yahoo to aaron proffitt
Turning a frown upside down ....

Not having a damn bit of luck the past couple evenings I've been out.

Weird part is , it's not just me . I generally go out with a couple of dudes that are handfishing, while I hunt in the deeper water. For the past couple of nights ...nada,zip and zilch ; to include on H&L . We've hit our normal haunts as well as some others that we've always wanted to get into and looked promising. We figured tonight, with a storm front looming that Mr. Whiskers would be feeding heavy and their would be alot of activity.

Maybe they are... but as of yet, I haven't put the pieces together. We'll figure it out.

At nightfall, figured I'd put Ray Odor's device to use on other aquatic creatures. They were everywhere .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0514.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	107781  

Jose Rivera ...RIP
aaron proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
aaron proffitt

Re: Turning a frown upside down ....

Dunno...never really seen much meat on 'em aside from the legs.

The Japanese have a sashimi thing they do with them. I have yet to work up the nerve.

Jose Rivera ...RIP
Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Spear CR
yes-yes

Fresh frog legs. Dats good stuff.

Damn Barack, you sound like a broken record.
Spear CR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
jupiterlocal

Basil, cherry tomatoes sliced in half, salt and pepper, Shallots, olive oil, white wine makes for some tasty legs.
jupiterlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
aaron proffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterlocal View Post
Basil, cherry tomatoes sliced in half, salt and pepper, Shallots, olive oil, white wine makes for some tasty legs.
Thank you .... was kicking around different prep. methods.

Jose Rivera ...RIP
Old 07-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
jupiterlocal

Dont put the fresh basil in until the end or you waste it.
jupiterlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:21 AM   #7
okiediver72

Send a message via Yahoo to okiediver72

Where do you go spearfishing at and what can we take here in Ok? I've been a total pain around the house because I don't know where to go around here and don't have anyone to hit up to go to Ar or Mo with. I finally found a good place (I think) on the Arkansas river to H&L for cats if it doesn't rain before I get a chance to go. The way I read the fishing regs spearfishing in rivers is only open for a few months early in the year. Is that true? About the clearest water we have around here is below Kaw lake when they're not letting any water out.
okiediver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
aaron proffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiediver72 View Post
Where do you go spearfishing at and what can we take here in Ok? I've been a total pain around the house because I don't know where to go around here and don't have anyone to hit up to go to Ar or Mo with. I finally found a good place (I think) on the Arkansas river to H&L for cats if it doesn't rain before I get a chance to go. The way I read the fishing regs spearfishing in rivers is only open for a few months early in the year. Is that true? About the clearest water we have around here is below Kaw lake when they're not letting any water out.
That is true about the rivers, bro. I generally hit what's close to home. That includes Corps lakes like Canton and Cobb. Both suck as far as vis, so you have to hunt like a damn mole.

Jose Rivera ...RIP
Old 07-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
mudhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiediver72 View Post
If you're looking as far as Tenkiller, You can hunt catfish, Channels and flatheads. If you have a boat, dive along the old river channel near some of the rocky bluffs, look shallow for beds of small sunfish. Flatheads will be in the open in the middle of the sunfish, or in rocky or woody dark hiding places. Cover a lot of territory till you find the baitfish, then slow down and hunt carefully.

If you don't have a boat, On the north shore of Pine cove, there is a gravel road just above the water that goes out toward the rocky point. Begin there and wade or snorkel out to the rocky point and go north. Look for the baitfish then look for the hiding places for catfish, there usually are some there. Another place you can drive to is the north shore of Snake Creek. Drive around the campground and keep on the road close to the water, until you again reach a rocky shoreline. Usually there are lots of baitfish and lots of catfish.

Remember to fly a dive flag, and stay at least 100 yards away from boat ramps. If you arrive and see a blue pontoon We've probably wiped the catfish out for the day, I hope. Come say hello.
mudhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #10
Divefresh
IN YOUR HEAD

Take them shits, get some Uncle bucks seasoning..lightly oil, powder and get to deep frying!!Add whole garlic cloves to the oil before drop'n them in.

boonandcrockets@gmail.com

Check my videos out here.....

http://http://vimeo.com/26251075

http://www.youtube.com/user/typical250
Divefresh is offline   Reply With Quote