Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2014 Tournament and Event Archives > 2014 The Blue Wild Expo - February 22-23, 2014

2014 The Blue Wild Expo - February 22-23, 2014 This is a world-class spearfishing, diving and water sports event with 1,000s of participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #31
Wile E. Coyote

Re: Thank you to The Blue Wild and Sheri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
I wrote KWTONY on the back of all the tickets i put in for the raffle. I only put them in one bucket and got real lucky to win the intermediate free dive course...in which Sherri said "K...YTONY?? K..WTony!!" I blurted out " KWtony" I was so happy that I won but I walked up and shook my head, I knew the damage was already done. ...apparently my sloppy writing is the culprit for this. Honestly tho guys, Sherri is a very beautiful woman...she can call me whatever she wants
While i do appreciate it, I simply cannot accept free admission to the Blue Wild for messing up my name in front of the whole group, because JFJF just looking for a reason to change my name at this point. In fact, charge me double next year hahahahaha.

Thanks for explaining .....
i was trying to think why Sheri would be using your spearboard name; now it all makes sense

...in front of the whole crowd ....hahaha...well at least you won an excellent prize. I won the same thing a few years ago & was real real happy! Nothing beats winning free stuff!
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #32
Johnoly
Big Time Bug Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
There is always magic in the air, and I think it's because these great guys (like Dan and Daryl and Johnoly) come to share their passion and their knowledge......
I'll echo that this was the best Blue Wild I've been to yet !! 2 critical things I learned in the CG seminar was Red not green glow sticks are huge on their night vision and don't wave your fins but rather splash the water instead.

2 0 1 5 ! ! !
Old 03-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #33
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

I want to thank Sheri as well. She does a fantastic job each year and this year’s show was the best.

The best part of the show is seeing so many friends, enthusiastic customers and of course some of the world class divers. I had great time talking with Dan and Kenny (of the HeadHunter Crew). They showed some incredible video of exploring (and spearing) at, what most people would consider, submarine depths!

I was happy to be able to display my buddy Henry’s custom (Ballentina) gun racks at our booth and swap dive stories. I took a walk over to the Nautilus Booth manned by Andrew and crew. He has an impressive set up which allowed him to play his new Spearhead episode on a huge screen. Nice job, Andrew.

MAKO Spearguns was on an excellent isle. We had John with Koah Spearguns and Josh at Neptonics on our isle. And, Florida Freedivers was directly across from us. John, his dad and his whole crew were super busy. They run a superlative shop. We were lucky enough to be right next to the Speared Booth. They have some very cool shirts and hats, but I missed seeing Jeremy, who is currently in training to become a wildlife officer.

I also got to hang out with Tito (of Tito Spearguns) who makes beautiful, custom designed wood barrel, euro guns. Barry (from Black Tip spearguns) stopped by and I was very happy to hear that his customers have been very satisfied with our new American, reverse mechs which he has been installing in his excellent guns for several months now.

We also had a custom gun from Jason of Impaler Spearguns on display, also equipped with the new MAKO American reverse trigger mechanism.

I could go on and on, but I just want to say thanks to Sheri and all the other members of the dive community who make this show a unique experience.

Thanks guys,

Dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #34
Blue Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnoly View Post
I'll echo that this was the best Blue Wild I've been to yet !! 2 critical things I learned in the CG seminar was Red not green glow sticks are huge on their night vision and don't wave your fins but rather splash the water instead.

2 0 1 5 ! ! !
Need more information for those of us who weren't there please...I didn't understand the purpose of these pointers. Thanks in advance.
Blue Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #35
Blue Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibujohn View Post
How about bringing Blue Wild out here to the west coast!! L.A. convention center would be perfect. We have to have at LEAST as many spearos out here than the east coast.
I totally agree John. This would be a huge event. I enjoyed meeting Sheri and a bunch of Legends at the legends event in San Diego a few years back. It would be really cool to have a huge event though equivalent to blue wild here in California. (LA/Malibu area)
Blue Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #36
yaml

hello sheri
recently moved to stuart, fl-attended the blue wild-fantastic event:
1 question: are there anymore of the "The Big Blue" royal blue t-shirts remaining to purchased? (I have a few freediving spearo friends in mexico that I want to give them to); if so, please let me know-if not, hope to see everyone at next year's event
thanks
yaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #37
Wile E. Coyote

Id really like to get a BW shirt as well!
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #38
Florida boy

X3 lol
Florida boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #39
FISH928
Brandon Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibujohn View Post
How about bringing Blue Wild out here to the west coast!! L.A. convention center would be perfect. We have to have at LEAST as many spearos out here than the east coast.

exactly what he said. Ill drive to L.A no problem.