Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Miami and The Florida Keys

Miami and The Florida Keys Have a report, or want to discuss spearing in Miami or the Keys? Post here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2015, 10:07 AM   #46
Wood Guy

Re: Don't Understand???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningpalmTree View Post
TheSpearfishing: If you agree with others methods of spearfishing or not you need to respect that everyone is entitled to spearfish in a manner that best suites there interest and love of the hunt. Our country (US of mother effin awesome A) has rules and regs to protect from the very thing you are bashing... over fishing

I'm completely convinced you are just trolling the people of this forum due to your complete lack of knowledge and understanding of the sport... keep your BS opinion to yourself and work on improving your own skills,technique, and character rather than trashing others for the way they practice the sport we all love.
You're absolutely correct, but I think you're wasting your time trying to reason with this guy. He's acting like a 4 year old who needs a nap and is throwing a verbal temper tantrum to get attention. Maybe if we just ignore him he'll get tired, take his nap, and go away.
Wood Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #47
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

People like this guy are only useful for making fun of, and then only for as long as it isn't boring.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #48
phil herranen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Guy View Post
You're absolutely correct, but I think you're wasting your time trying to reason with this guy. He's acting like a 4 year old who needs a nap and is throwing a verbal temper tantrum to get attention. Maybe if we just ignore him he'll get tired, take his nap, and go away.
yep . another thing to consider about this guy is he lives in a country that like most 2nd and 3 world countryside, has almost 0 enforcement of any fish and game laws and the locals will go out at night and clean out the reefs to sell at the local markets . its a much different situation than we have in the states.

it has been proven many times around the world that gear restrictions (in this case scuba)are not a effective way to to manage a fishery , the only way to effectively manage a fishery it threw size limits, daily bag limits , and yearly quotas

also many fish are very difficult to approach on scuba and are ez to shoot while freediving

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:41 PM   #49
100days-a-year
Seafood Sifu

PS to all the pure free divers stepping in ...Thanks, you guys are pure class.Character is how you treat others that don't agree or act like you.Good to see a thread where free divers and us old fat outta shape tank divers get along.
100days-a-year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:09 PM   #50
QuiksilverIHB
H2O Vinyl Designs - Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100days-a-year View Post
PS to all the pure free divers stepping in ...Thanks, you guys are pure class.Character is how you treat others that don't agree or act like you.Good to see a thread where free divers and us old fat outta shape tank divers get along.

vinyl stickers and phone cases - free shipping world wide
instagram #h2ovinyldesigns
http://www.h2ovinyldesigns.com
QuiksilverIHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #51
Thespearfishing

U can shit talk all u want , when u lose the tank and do it like a man , then u can have opinion ... Until then keep thinkin divin shooting fish is a sport ...ps.... Anyone can do that
Thespearfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:39 PM   #52
RunningpalmTree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespearfishing View Post
ps.... Anyone can do that
And that's exactly why this sport is so versatile and rewarding. ANYONE CAN DO IT
RunningpalmTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #53
spearhunter11
Surgical Shooter!

Quote:
U can shit talk all u want , when u lose the tank and do it like a man , then u can have opinion ... Until then keep thinkin divin shooting fish is a sport ...ps.... Anyone can do that
To bad this isn't a sport, it's a way of life!
spearhunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:24 PM   #54
Hank49

Wow. I live in Belize. Do you think you can show me some spots? Or how to shoot some nice fish? I used to spear on scuba but now I've seen the light. Hogfish are really hard to get, no?
Hank49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #55
phil herranen

Quote:
I haven't taken a breath out of a tank in over 20 years . And as far as US waters go where we actually have rules that are fallowed , you are way out of line and are dead wrong .

In a lawless country like you live in where everyone takes all they can it might be needed , to keep poachers from shooting sleeping fish in holes ,but in most cases a freediver could shoot more and bigger (breeder) fish in a day ,compared to a tank diver .

You act like shooting a fish while Freediving is difficult , with a day or two of training anyone can dive to 50' and shoot nice fish

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:08 PM   #56
Mighty KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100days-a-year View Post
Your welcome.

I love the debate over Tank verses Freediving when it compares fish taken. The only place that a tank diver has an advantage in my area (Northern Gulf of Mexico) would be spearing Warsaw or something like that due to they are usually found on very deep rigs 200 ft plus.

Im an old, fat (probably not out of shape) freediver, and it will take me 4 times as long to run to my spot tomorrow than it will take to shoot our limit of Amberjack and sheepshead. Freediving is a choice, no different than line fishing or Scuba.

I compare it to Deer Hunting. I bow hunt with a recurve bow. Most hunt with a compound with sights. A few years ago it was made legal to hunt during bow season with a crossbow with telescopic sights. Then, everyone started saying "that's not fair, thats not a bow, they are going to ruin everything". It did make it bad for some of my friends that hunt management areas, and I agree with their complaints.

But, i have shot all of that equipment. yes its easier to learn than traditional equipment, but if you are not a hunter, it makes no difference what you shoot.

Same with diving. The laws protect the resources.
Mighty KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:59 AM   #57
tuffstuff
Mathew Goncalves

If you are so against SCUBA spearfishing, then do something about it. Instead of bitching on an online forum, why don't you try and establish a better way to regulate the fishing in your country? You are ABSOLUTELY pissing up wind by complaining on this forum.
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:35 AM   #58
Hank49

So Jake hates scuba spearing because it cleans out the fish.

Yet he comes onto the most busy spearfishing website in the world and openly invites spearos to come to Belize and shoot fish the noble way....free diving.

Now, WHO is exploiting our natural resource here? If he takes out three or four experiences guys and loads a few coolers, he won't eat all that fish. He'll sell it. And he becomes just like the commercial scuba spearos (from that TV series on Weather Channel) that he says he despises.

Oooookaayyy. What a hypocrite.
Hank49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:30 PM   #59
AndrewK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillotine View Post
This.

For the op.... A link for you... Just to get your freediver elitist panties in a wad just a little bit more. For the record i only shoot 100+ ft depths on scuba and don't plan on stopping.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #60
miguelitro
Me llamo Mike Candra

I think diving on any kind of oxygen is cheating. I don't even breathe up anymore.
You should give that a shot.

Mike