Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Old 06-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
murrayseatrout

New Spearo in the PNW

Hows it going everyone!

My name is Murray, I have recently just gotten started in the sport of spearfishing. Ive gotten a ton of useful information off the site and I figured joining might be a good way to network with other spearos in the area.

I live in battleground just north of Vancouver in SW Washington but I get over to Portland (st johns area mostly) 2-3 times a week. Ive been spearfishing carp in the freshwater lakes and streams but havent gotten out to the coast to do any real spearfishing yet. Just took a PFI Freediver course last weekend so im stoked to get out there.

My gear consists of a pair of homemade polespears at the moment. One is a 6ft Aluminium shaft with a tahitian flapper on the end and the other is a 5ft shaft with a 12inch paralyzer on the tip. Ive had great success with on carp with the paralyzer tip.

If anyone is interested in having another diver tag along on trips PM me! Also really interested in getting some regular freedive training going as my breathe hold is garbage right now. I know the vis is literally like 1ft but ive had thoughts of anchoring a buoy on the inside of the pedestrian dock at cathedral park (willamette underneath st johns bridge) if anyone would be interested in getting in on that PM me as well!

I work from home but have a kiddo so my schedule is weird but im pretty much always free M-W and Saturdays.

Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you lot and learning more!
murrayseatrout is offline   Reply With Quote