Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Sponsor Announcements! > Local Dive Shops

Local Dive Shops This area is reserved for our dive shop sponsors. Please try to support our tournament sponsors! Without them, we would have no tournament prizes.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
CCR Josh
Sponsor

$500 Giveaway from Dive Addicts!

Dive Addicts is going to be completely redoing their online store for 2013 and we are looking for help with suggestions and ideas.... AND we are willing to pay!

We have a $500 gift certificates to give away, here is how you can enter to win it:

1 x $500 gift certificate will be given away to one lucky person on our email list. You can join, and be entered by clicking HERE. Rest assured that your information is safe with us, and you can choose how often you receive emails and about what.

You can get a second entry in the drawing for helping us improve our online store. All you have to do is browse though our online store HERE, and then leave a comment on this forum thread with a suggestion or two to make our new site better, easier to use, better looking etc etc.

That's it! No strings attached. The gift certificate will be given away on Jan 1st, 2013. We will use a random number generator to pick the winner. Winner will posted online and be notified via email.

2 ways to enter to win $500!

Join our email list HERE

Browse our store HERE, come back and leave a suggestion on this thread.

Still loading products into our online store, so let me know if you don't see what you are looking for
CCR Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
exilenj

Re: $500 Giveaway from Dive Addicts!

Sweeetttt thanks for the chance!!!
exilenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
TeamDrugMoney

A search by brand section choice could be super useful, I know a lot of people who love one brand and want to stick with them!
TeamDrugMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
Turyturbo
Deaf Merman

Josh:

1) Drop-down menu: Some got half cut-offs across.
2) Suggestion: Create a 'guest' account so people can order without forcing them to log in to check out.
3) Order lookup: without entering order id, email was entered. It asked for order id. Suggestion: if email is not found, it should output that the email address is not found or valid or whatever instead of asking for order id.
4) Umm.. I am not sure if you did it on purpose. On the wish list page, it has 'Expiry'. Should be either 'expire' or 'expiration' or whatever...
5) I noticed that almost all pages have Dive Addicts address. Should use the website's standard design by moving it to the page of 'Contact Us'.

I could assist more but I am in Mexico right for Tuna trip. Good luck, Josh!

TT
Turyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
Land&SeaKahuna
# of dives 18

fix the drop down bar and have a show all categories button that you can click
Land&SeaKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
spearthebigones
Daniel

Awesome givewaway Josh!

Here's some suggestions of things to fix:

• Your website has a giant blank white section at the bottom of the page. I scrolled down a lot and there was nothing there. That's one thing I'd fix.
  • On the home page you need to have more pictures of products being shown. Look at more online store website to get an idea of what I'm talking about.
  • When people click on your homepage your product list needs to be showing automatically. Having it hidden in a drop down menu just adds an unnecessary step for your customers and makes it harder for them to search for your products.
  • You could add an "About Us" category. I always like seeing those and reading up about the history of the company.
  • I looked at your products and noticed there was no central product's page. Felt like it was missing when I had to jump from one product group to the next.
  • The prices of a lot of your products were hidden because they didn't fit inside the black bar under each product. You really need to fix this to make your website look more professional.

Last edited by spearthebigones; 11-08-2012 at 11:47 PM.
spearthebigones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
wyatt youngs

There should be a thing so that when u first get to the site you choose eather free dive or scuba than it should bring up things related to that cadigory
wyatt youngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
Land&SeaKahuna
# of dives 18

Oh and add a search feature.
Land&SeaKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
Mr.Friday

Some of your products don't have pictures. I also saw you were missing product descriptions. That information is important so people can read what it is they are buying instead of having to google search it and bounce back and forth between 2 or 3 pages.
Mr.Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
bltpyro

You guys are awesome!

As far as the site goes, 2 things really stick out to me.

1. It really needs a background and some more structure (like lines and borders). Not really a fan of the everything just "floating" on the plain white background.

2. Add a sorting feature. I.e. Sort by: date added (first or last), price (high low), popularity/rating (if you implement a system like that), etc.

Thanks!
bltpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

Maybe make a mobile site with less img codes as it took a whole long time to load on my phone
Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #12
Slamcorps
Lurker extraordinaire

I am no webmaster so the only thing I could find an issue with was maneuvering around the site via my smart phone was a bit hard to do.
Slamcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #13
steelcity
Big Brian

A search feature and perhaps a list of manufactuers so you could just click on their name and serch for the items you need that way.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
steelcity
Big Brian

Also product descriptions would help. Have the drop down menus fully viewable instead of having to adjust the the scroll bar on the side so I can see everything.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #15
KelpChaka

Hey Josh! Great idea for soliciting input and advice. I love that you guys are running this from Draper.

To qualify my comments, I have built and sold three sites (businesses) over the last 10 years and used to have my own consulting company building websites and doing interface and database design on over 100 sites. I still have connections, but I am no longer "in the business."

General comments to improve the site:

1. First page has too much scroll/blank space at the bottom of the page. The landing page has way too much white. The batter with the site name at the top is interesting, but the site has no integrated design. Cameron's blog (http://www.spearblog.com) accomplishes the same goal a bit better, although it's a bit dark for an e-commerce site. Your old site did a much better job of this (although I know it was not primarily an e-commerce site).

2. You have several variations of your logo throughout the site (and on this page), but they might not be uniform enough to create a consistent brand that will create name recognition. Sites like "Mako" do a good job of this. They have one recognizable logo and they stick with it.

3. Find one, maybe two fonts and stick with them. The front page has at least three and it's hard on the eyes.

4. Many of your fields (entry fields on Contact Us page and dynamic drop down menu) are way too big and bulky. You need the design on these functional elements to be tight and easy to navigate without having to scroll down for monitors with lower resolution.

5. The site looks like you used an over the counter product or program that had a "shopping cart" feature. There are some very inexpensive ways to get a site that looks like you paid $10k to $20k for only $3k. I have some experience here and am happy to share my insight and make some introductions. I'm not selling anything, I just have lots of experience in this area websites/e-commerce and interface design.

6. Images such as the one of your shop on the About Us page could be better quality, better lighting and better placement on the page. Today it is quite easy to find a friend with a great digital camera to come do a shoot for not much money.

7. I have a few other ideas I'm happy to share with you through PMs.

Again, other than wanting to be entered in the drawings as described above, just happy to help. Let's talk at your convenience. PM me.

Good luck!

KelpChaka (Lee)
KelpChaka is offline   Reply With Quote