Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #376
Nix

Re: Should muslims be banned from entering the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
Oh no, cue atheists and agnostics...screaming shall now start.
Where in the bible does God say it is not right to protect your family, tribe, city or nation from invaders? Come visit in peace then leave.
The 30 year stop to all immigration ends any racism or religious weeding out.
I actually agree that it's ok to stop immigration for a while. I for once agree with you on a topic, at least partially.

I don't agree with thinking that Muslims are the problem. Cultural differences create challenges for sure though, far more than just religion normally.

Also, I am neither agnostic nor atheist. If anyone wants to start a thread on biblical typology I'd be ecstatic. In fact, if we read how each covenant is created, advancing the prior, understanding the differences between each; then we look at how the lives and prophecies of the old are fulfilled and revealed in the new we would understand the message so much better.

Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #377
fitz

I know you are a believer.
Cheers.
Ot, question...did Jesus ever break the law?
This should send atheists off.
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:23 PM   #378
fitz

Old 06-13-2018, 09:59 PM   #379
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Cheers.
WWJD? Whelp, flipping over tables and whipping bankers isn't out of the question.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #380
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
Leviticus 19:34
Verse Concepts
'The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.
I notice that you didn't bother to read the websites I listed, and provided no rebuttal of them, other than to call them "tabloids." I could call the statistics you listed as "biased" - would that settle the argument?

There are lies, dammed lies, and statistics. The reality is in the news reports - but you don't read the news, I suppose, because it allows you to maintain your happy self delusion that the world is all ponies and butterflies.

As for your friends - as soon as Islam obtains hegemony, they will convert to "Radical Islamists" - which is another way of saying they will become normal muslims.

In every country where muslims live, there are continuous terrorist attacks, motivated by - guess what - Islamic teachings contained in the Hadiths and the Koran.

No other religion teaches its followers to forcibly convert or kill all who do not follow its teachings except Islam. It happens in EVERY country where they go.

And as for the list of Old Testament verses you quoted about showing hospitality to the stranger - the same Bible requires those strangers to assimilate into the Jewish culture and live by the Jewish law - not by the religion they brought with them.

There was NO multiculturalism in Israel - it was the death of the nation when it was allowed, and God forbade it.

Exodus 12:49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Leviticus 24:22 Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the LORD your God.

Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

Deuteronomy 31:11 When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing. 12 Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law

And as for the two New Testament passages you quoted 3 John 1:5 - the strangers there were fellow Christians unknown to Giaus' local church - not foreigners who wanted to bring in a false religion. And Hebrews 13:2 is taking about personal hospitality - taking individuals into you home you do not know - it is not addressing national immigration.

The point is this: when Islam wants to (and is indeed REQUIRED to) replace the law, culture, and customs of the land they migrate to with Sharia law, and Islamic culture and customs, and refuses to assimilate and learn our customs and culture and live by our laws, then they should prohibited from coming. That is what God taught Old Testament Israel as a condition of accepting strangers.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 PM   #381
North Star
Max

Quote:
Cheers.
No - Jesus never broke any Old Testament law. Had he done so, he would have sinned, and had he sinned, he could have never been the Savior of others from their sins. He was the sinless sacrifice who redeemed sinners from their sins.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:38 PM   #382
North Star
Max

http://www.spearboard.com/attachment...1&d=1528947474
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180205-175735.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	238400  
Old 06-13-2018, 11:55 PM   #383
North Star
Max

http://www.spearboard.com/attachment...1&d=1528948528
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160919-092558.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	238401  
Old 06-14-2018, 12:14 AM   #384
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
I notice that you didn't bother to read the websites I listed, and provided no rebuttal of them, other than to call them "tabloids." I could call the statistics you listed as "biased" - would that settle the argument?

There are lies, dammed lies, and statistics. The reality is in the news reports - but you don't read the news, I suppose, because it allows you to maintain your happy self delusion that the world is all ponies and butterflies.

As for your friends - as soon as Islam obtains hegemony, they will convert to "Radical Islamists" - which is another way of saying they will become normal muslims.

In every country where muslims live, there are continuous terrorist attacks, motivated by - guess what - Islamic teachings contained in the Hadiths and the Koran.

No other religion teaches its followers to forcibly convert or kill all who do not follow its teachings except Islam. It happens in EVERY country where they go.

And as for the list of Old Testament verses you quoted about showing hospitality to the stranger - the same Bible requires those strangers to assimilate into the Jewish culture and live by the Jewish law - not by the religion they brought with them.

There was NO multiculturalism in Israel - it was the death of the nation when it was allowed, and God forbade it.

Exodus 12:49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Leviticus 24:22 Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the LORD your God.

Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

Deuteronomy 31:11 When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing. 12 Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law

And as for the two New Testament passages you quoted 3 John 1:5 - the strangers there were fellow Christians unknown to Giaus' local church - not foreigners who wanted to bring in a false religion. And Hebrews 13:2 is taking about personal hospitality - taking individuals into you home you do not know - it is not addressing national immigration.

The point is this: when Islam wants to (and is indeed REQUIRED to) replace the law, culture, and customs of the land they migrate to with Sharia law, and Islamic culture and customs, and refuses to assimilate and learn our customs and culture and live by our laws, then they should prohibited from coming. That is what God taught Old Testament Israel as a condition of accepting strangers.
You are so WRONG in just about everything you wrote.

So you are saying it is WRONG and forbade by a "God" to have a multiculturalism society?

You are sooooooo far out in left field with your outlandish posts....

As I said before you are more than welcome to visit me in Dubai and can see first hand how so wrong you are about some Muslim countries. Get off the couch and off the innerwebs and these crazy sites you visit and you might learn about things in life you obviously have no clue about.

Clueless
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:31 AM   #385
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
You are so WRONG in just about everything you wrote.

So you are saying it is WRONG and forbade by a "God" to have a multiculturalism society?

You are sooooooo far out in left field with your outlandish posts....

As I said before you are more than welcome to visit me in Dubai and can see first hand how so wrong you are about some Muslim countries. Get off the couch and off the innerwebs and these crazy sites you visit and you might learn about things in life you obviously have no clue about.

Clueless
Maintain your head in the sand approach about Islam. Someday it will bite you - hard. Dubai accommodates non-muslims because they want your cash and brains to build their country. When they are done using the stupid westerners they will kill them first. Try to build a church there and see how it goes. Try to criticize Mohammed there and see how it goes. Get involved in their legal system and see what kind of fairness you experience.

Here you go: https://www.afr.com/news/world/middl...20140703-j055r

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thin...sit-Dubai.html

There are many more I could cite. Once again, your individual little microcosm of experience and your ignorance and whitewashing of the underbelly of Islamic societies is proven to be wrong.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:48 AM   #386
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
Maintain your head in the sand approach about Islam. Someday it will bite you - hard. Dubai accommodates non-muslims because they want your cash and brains to build their country. When they are done using the stupid westerners they will kill them first. Try to build a church there and see how it goes. Try to criticize Mohammed there and see how it goes. Get involved in their legal system and see what kind of fairness you experience.

Here you go: https://www.afr.com/news/world/middl...20140703-j055r

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thin...sit-Dubai.html

There are many more I could cite. Once again, your individual little microcosm of experience and your ignorance and whitewashing of the underbelly of Islamic societies is proven to be wrong.
You can find "cites" for any side of an argument all over the internet. You can find both good and bad for Dubai. But, of course you will find whatever suites your bigoted opinion that only the white guy with western values which practices religion as long as its not Muslim.

Have you ever lived in a Muslim country? Probably not as your only source of argument are internet articles. Any practical experience in a muslim society? A true internet warrior sitting behind your keyboard cutting and pasting articles from obscure innerweb sites.

To be frank, there are a lot of culture values I don't agree with in Muslim society. But then again, there are a lot of culture values in ours I don't agree with either.

Every time I read your posts I understand more and more about how you think the world must revolve around you own personal religious beliefs. If not, then we are all damned to hell. You claim to be such a god believing and practicing individual but, you have no tolerance for any person that doesn't fit into YOUR beliefs.

I don't believe your "god" thought intolerance of other people is correct. However, if he did then he can go to hell.

Editing to ask....did you realize the guy who wrote the telegraph article has never set foot in Dubai before? Seriously, did YOU read the article? Hahahahah

And I didn't read the other article either as I don't have a subscription to the Financial Review website.

Last edited by 2fishin2; 06-14-2018 at 04:57 AM.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #387
fitz

Old 06-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #388
OBLIGATED

https://youtu.be/8YQM_zfYO7Q

Leave it to religion to screw up a good thing!
Old 06-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #389
mepps1

Quote:
Surely you're not implying some sort of double standard, are you?
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #390
OBLIGATED

Quote:
I have a sister in law that a guy would go broke trying to cover all of her.