Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2020, 10:14 PM   #1
John Hughes
wsb....I'm over it!
 
John Hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Pedro
Posts: 4,269
smoking price on a seabass gun

I'm offering this gun here at a smoking price before I post elsewhere.

50" Steve Veros Posiedonsub zebra wood hybrid.
3 9/16" bands
5/16" threaded shaft
Alexander handle
Rob Allen reel
100' 3mil Mori line

Everything in perfect working order and in great shape. A few standard shore dive scratches.

$550 without slip tip.

This is my dirty water seabass gun. I'm selling it because I need the dough to fund my new 55" Mori because I'm a farmer and lost my old one this season. I also don't dive this gun that often and it sits more than it swims. I've only pulled the trigger on it twice in the last 5 years and stoned both seabass I shot at. I'm selling it at the smoking price I bought it at because I believe in passing on a good deal when you can get it. It's also priced to sell. Steve is a great gun builder and this gun is solid.

Here's a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1499.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	245526   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1500.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	245527   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2441.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	245528   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2442.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	245529   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2443.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	245530  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2444.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	245531   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2445.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	245532  
__________________
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:51 AM   #2
Castor
Registered User
 
Castor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 929
Re: smoking price on a seabass gun

Steve Veros made some really nice guns. They are all extremely high quality. This is a really fair price. Great gun for the reefs and even halibut on clear days.
Castor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
mikelb
Registered User
 
mikelb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 1,104
Re: smoking price on a seabass gun

I have 3 of his guns. All my "go to" guns! Shoot straight and true from 53" to 62".
__________________
Actually, yes, that yt is almost 30#'s. Hell, it's almost as big as me!
mikelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #4
undrH2Ohntr
Loco para Jurel
 
undrH2Ohntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 2,807
Re: smoking price on a seabass gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hughes View Post
I'm offering this gun here at a smoking price before I post elsewhere.

50" Steve Veros Posiedonsub zebra wood hybrid.
3 9/16" bands
5/16" threaded shaft
Alexander handle
Rob Allen reel
100' 3mil Mori line

Everything in perfect working order and in great shape. A few standard shore dive scratches.

$550 without slip tip.

This is my dirty water seabass gun. I'm selling it because I need the dough to fund my new 55" Mori because I'm a farmer and lost my old one this season. I also don't dive this gun that often and it sits more than it swims. I've only pulled the trigger on it twice in the last 5 years and stoned both seabass I shot at. I'm selling it at the smoking price I bought it at because I believe in passing on a good deal when you can get it. It's also priced to sell. Steve is a great gun builder and this gun is solid.

Here's a few pics.
Absolute smoking deal....if I was in the market....but I would sell the reel and line..........Floatlines all the way
__________________
Eric
San Diego, CA
undrH2Ohntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:58 PM   #5
SEATUX
Registered User
 
SEATUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Port Charlotte Fl
Age: 73
Posts: 2,286
Re: smoking price on a seabass gun

That is a SMOKING Price on a Really nice gun....
It Shouldn't have lasted this long!
Amazing...
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #6
John Hughes
wsb....I'm over it!
 
John Hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Pedro
Posts: 4,269
Re: smoking price on a seabass gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrH2Ohntr View Post
Absolute smoking deal....if I was in the market....but I would sell the reel and line..........Floatlines all the way
I've got about 6 float lines collecting dust on my wall Eric. I've got reels on every gun up to my 67" cannon

I'll throw in a floatline for free if I know you because everybody knows reels are for REAL men.
__________________
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #7
makemwearit
Desert Fish in da Pacific
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 52
Re: smoking price on a seabass gun

PM'd
__________________
Spearo Aquaholic
exploring California & the world 1 dive at a time...
makemwearit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:55 PM   #8
SEATUX
Registered User
 
SEATUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Port Charlotte Fl
Age: 73
Posts: 2,286
Re: smoking price on a seabass gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemwearit View Post
PM'd
Finally!
Ya saved me some money!
Thanks!
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #9
John Hughes
wsb....I'm over it!
 
John Hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Pedro
Posts: 4,269
Re: smoking price on a seabass gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemwearit View Post
PM'd
back at ya
__________________
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:15 PM   #10
undrH2Ohntr
Loco para Jurel
 
undrH2Ohntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 2,807
Re: smoking price on a seabass gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hughes View Post
I've got about 6 float lines collecting dust on my wall Eric. I've got reels on every gun up to my 67" cannon

I'll throw in a floatline for free if I know you because everybody knows reels are for REAL men.

here's to shooting fish John
__________________
Eric
San Diego, CA
undrH2Ohntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:32 PM   #11
John Hughes
wsb....I'm over it!
 
John Hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Pedro
Posts: 4,269
Re: smoking price on a seabass gun

Gun is SOLD

Thanks for the action.
__________________
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com