Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2019, 06:27 AM   #31
popgun pete
Registered User
 
popgun pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,647
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

As it stands now the 2020 catalog only has three gun models, so any additional models are some way off, although nothing can be ruled out. It would appear that their gun range may be sold with spears, bands and rigging going by the way the Gladius has been presented.
popgun pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #32
kodama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 436
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfoes View Post
In his design, I prefer carbontek mantis even if I had setbacks with the brand


I feel the same way. I would never trade my Sigalsub team Carbon 110 / carbontek Mantis for the C4 Gladius 115! Especially after I tuned it to my own preference.

But I would love to try the short 85cm model. In that length I am sure I can get the performance out of it I want.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:42 PM   #33
kodama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 436
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
A frankenstein version of the two.


The rumor goes that they are already working on something like that.. My guess would be by 2021.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:57 PM   #34
popgun pete
Registered User
 
popgun pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,647
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Just checked on the price of the Cetma Composites Canova 95 and it is fully rigged 1,600 Euro which is about USD 1,770. Searching around and bar that page and the Spearboard reference there is nothing on it.
popgun pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:56 AM   #35
kodama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 436
New C4 Gladius speargun

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
Just checked on the price of the Cetma Composites Canova 95 and it is fully rigged 1,600 Euro which is about USD 1,770. Searching around and bar that page and the Spearboard reference there is nothing on it.


That is more or less what I expected. In that price range I would prefer the Carbonia spearguns. They seem to offer more features that I would appreciate.
The Canova 95 is nonetheless a pretty cool gun too.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:18 AM   #36
spearq8
Registered User
 
spearq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,150
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Great to see they changed that awful muzzle system. I actually made a very nice modification for my C4 with a 3D printed muzzle I made that used the existing screw holes. The Urukay has 2 side inserts and a front insert which you can use as screw holes. These screw points allow you to just screw in a muzzle and fix the mess that was on there. The carbon fiber work of the C4 is really incredible, and it is no surprise that once the muzzle is fixed and a good handle formed ... the gun shoots incredibly well. I will see if I can post something on that mod.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #37
kodama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 436
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
Great to see they changed that awful muzzle system. I actually made a very nice modification for my C4 with a 3D printed muzzle I made that used the existing screw holes. The Urukay has 2 side inserts and a front insert which you can use as screw holes. These screw points allow you to just screw in a muzzle and fix the mess that was on there. The carbon fiber work of the C4 is really incredible, and it is no surprise that once the muzzle is fixed and a good handle formed ... the gun shoots incredibly well. I will see if I can post something on that mod.


Would love to see your muzzle design!
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:33 PM   #38
popgun pete
Registered User
 
popgun pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,647
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

The Gladius now appears on their website. https://www.c4carbon.com/Prodotti/Show/GLADIUS
They reshot the gun photo with the two bands now loaded in the correct order.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gladius website photo.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	245129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gladius butt.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	245130  
popgun pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:49 PM   #39
popgun pete
Registered User
 
popgun pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,647
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

The Primeline rubber in orange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Primeline rubber.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	245131  
popgun pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:51 PM   #40
fredfoes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 104
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
Would love to see your muzzle design!
me too
fredfoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:17 PM   #41
Cyprus_Spearo
Spearboard Sponsor

Petros
 
Cyprus_Spearo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Age: 44
Posts: 1,579
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

I have been waiting for a well designed C4 gun for a while and this one is truly a disappointment. The gun can barely handle 2 bands and the hole design forces the bands to not line up properly. The gun itself is very light and the muzzle bottom super thin.

For the Primeline orange rubbers here you go. They do not say C4 on them.

https://www.spearamerica.com/collect...ng-bulk-rubber
__________________


http://www.spearamerica.com
https://www.instagram.com/spearamerica

17801 S. Main street
Suite E
Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 536-5336
spearamerica@gmail.com

Fulfilling my passion!!
Cyprus_Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:16 PM   #42
popgun pete
Registered User
 
popgun pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,647
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Some stores are offering the guns now, however some are pre-order rather than in stock.
https://subandcast.com/product/c4-gladius/ (order)
https://www.planetdivestore.com/dive...4656/107694/sc (stock, 16% off)
https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-div...15/137473130/p (order)

Planet Dive Store has the 105 - 110 models with 6.75 mm tabbed shafts and a 16 mm and a 14 mm band. The 85 - 95 models have a 6.5 mm tabbed shaft and one 16 mm band. A gun for beginner's maybe.

Last edited by popgun pete; 04-28-2020 at 10:26 PM.
popgun pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:05 AM   #43
kodama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 436
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprus_Spearo View Post
I have been waiting for a well designed C4 gun for a while and this one is truly a disappointment. The gun can barely handle 2 bands and the hole design forces the bands to not line up properly. The gun itself is very light and the muzzle bottom super thin.

For the Primeline orange rubbers here you go. They do not say C4 on them.

https://www.spearamerica.com/collect...ng-bulk-rubber

I ordered myself the 85 model directly with C4. Should have it in a few weeks and looking forward to testing it out.

I donít think the points you mentioned will influence performance in any noticeable way with the short model. However it may be noticeable with longer versions but I am not in need for those anyway.
Did you use the gun while hunting or is it just an overall impression?

I have been looking for the shortest Monoscocca for years but they are very hard to find on the second hand market.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:43 AM   #44
popgun pete
Registered User
 
popgun pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,647
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
I ordered myself the 85 model directly with C4. Should have it in a few weeks and looking forward to testing it out.

I donít think the points you mentioned will influence performance in any noticeable way with the short model. However it may be noticeable with longer versions but I am not in need for those anyway.
Did you use the gun while hunting or is it just an overall impression?

I have been looking for the shortest Monoscocca for years but they are very hard to find on the second hand market.
Here is one for 300 bucks, but 115 cm.
https://www.shoppok.com/santabarbara...a-Barbara-.htm
popgun pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:43 AM   #45
kodama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 436
Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Thanks for sharing but I already have a great gun in that size. I am specifically looking for the shortest one they made which is 75 I believe.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com