Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 11-30-2018, 06:53 AM   #46
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Re: Sigalsub CF 110 speargun test

Anybody know if there is a mech to fit an Aimrite handle??
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:20 AM   #47
kodama

Sigalsub CF 110 speargun test

Hey guys don’t forget this tread is about the Sigalsub Team carbon speargun. You are welcome to start a new one about upcoming DR triggers for other gun models.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:20 AM   #48
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
I am still contemplating to build a custom housing for the DR trigger that would fit the Sigalsub Team speargun.
I could use the existing pin holes and add a tiny set-screw to adjust for a perfect fit of the spear.

Not more than an idea at the moment but I will start modeling as soon as I received the gun and I can take accurate dimensions.

To illustrate further
Old 03-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #49
kodama

@spearq8
How would you compare the Sigalsub extreme 14.5 @360% with the Sigalsub reactive bands?

My main concerns are performance and ease of loading. I am a fan of small id bands but I have read that some people find the Sigalsub Extreme hard to load.

According to the specs in their catalogue the Extreme 14.5 are recommended between 320-340% and maxed out @360%.

They are about to ship my gun after an incredible 4.5 months of waiting. If anyone ever needs a new speargun fast then find something else..
Old 03-16-2019, 02:42 AM   #50
spearq8

According to someone who works in Sigalsub ... all the bands are made by Primeline and they are all identical except for the small ID or the outer color skin. The material itself is all the same dipped latex. What does change things is the ambient temperature when the dipping process is done. The batch of purple 14.5mm small ID bands I got from Sigal where just ridiculously hard to pull back ... the shore hardness of those bands were much different and that was probably due to having a cooler ambient temperature when they were dipped. I actually don't like those bands as they are not too stretchy ... if you did get them and you were planning to go 380% on them ... I would suggest you drop to about 330% and work your way up from there. Very very few people can load those bands at 360% ... let alone 380%. I also have a friend who got a new batch of these purple 14.5mm bands and was very disappointed because they calipered at 13.8mm and he wanted them for 8.5mm shaft.

Nothing beats the stretchy bands fresh out of Primeline in small ID. The thing is that they are not consistent in diameter and 14.5mm can be anywhere from 13.6mm to 15mm ... that is why asking for a caliper on the bands before ordering is helpful.

I will say that if I got the gun from Sigal my main concern would be the trigger. Take a good look at the sears (under magnification if possible) then take about 20 or 30 good heavily loaded shots ... then inspect your sears to see if there is any scratching. If there is just throw that away and put a good double roller trigger in there. It is possible that they have found a way to avoid galling in a new version of their trigger ... but I doubt it.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:13 AM   #51
kodama

Thanks for your reply.
On two of my other spearguns I am running the prime line small id bands and love them. Unfortunately I don’t have enough stock left to use on this gun.
My options for now are limited between the Sigalsub Reactive or Extreme bands since either of them ship with the gun depending on my preference.

This leaves me between the Reactive large id 16mm probably @350 or 360%

Or

The Extreme @330% so I don’t have to frickin waste myself loading the new toy.

What would you choose?

I have a DR trigger waiting to be installed as soon as the gun arrives. I do have a metallurgic microscope with which I could investigate the sear before and after but this would mean that I have to use the gun in default setup for a while before changing it. That was my original plan but I have changed my mind.
Without easy access to a pool I can shoot spearguns in that is not an option for now. I will take your word for it and swap the trigger regardless.

Last edited by kodama; 03-16-2019 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #52
spearq8

I would prefer the small ID stuff as it seems to work better, but also large ID bands would work. Good primeline small ID bands are no longer difficult to find and many online shops sell them. Spearitco, Neptonics, Spearamerica, Mako ... many sell the stuff at very good prices and for your Sigal you probably only need about 4 or 5 feet ... which at $3 is not much ... and you would have piece of mind that you don't have to worry about that issue.

For the trigger you really don't need much magnification to see damage. In the video I put online for the DR trigger I put some images of sears that had suffered galling ... those came from Sigal trigger I had modded on the Sigal gun. I think that was after about 20 shots and in the video of the gun test you can actually see how the galling affects accuracy. If you swap the trigger you should be very happy with the gun and how it shoots.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:57 AM   #53
kodama

I wonder how this speargun would compare in performance or ease of use to a C4 Urukay? I guess they must be quite equal in their standard setup.

Does anyone have any experience with both of these?
Old 03-23-2019, 05:56 AM   #54
fredfoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
I wonder how this speargun would compare in performance or ease of use to a C4 Urukay? I guess they must be quite equal in their standard setup.

Does anyone have any experience with both of these?
not the same program
fredfoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #55
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfoes View Post
not the same program
Care to elaborate Fredfoes ?
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:54 PM   #56
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfoes View Post
not the same program

Yes please continue.
Have you used both of these guns?
Old 03-23-2019, 07:20 PM   #57
popgun pete

Maybe he means not in the same league, but that is not necessarily my opinion. The C4 spearguns have a roller tooth, or more accurately a cylindical sear tooth mounted on a rocker frame, and a roller tip on the rocker frame support arm that sits directly on top of the trigger. Unlike most guns the spear has to be pulled out by the bands to yank it off the cylindrical tooth as the cradle support arm is biased by torsion springs upwards. Made from titanium the C4 mechanism is the ne plus ultra of speargun trigger mechanisms.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:10 AM   #58
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
Maybe he means not in the same league, but that is not necessarily my opinion. The C4 spearguns have a roller tooth, or more accurately a cylindical sear tooth mounted on a rocker frame, and a roller tip on the rocker frame support arm that sits directly on top of the trigger. Unlike most guns the spear has to be pulled out by the bands to yank it off the cylindrical tooth as the cradle support arm is biased by torsion springs upwards. Made from titanium the C4 mechanism is the ne plus ultra of speargun trigger mechanisms.

After reading your description I still found it challenging to imagine what the trigger looks like. So I googled some pictures to visualize what you where describing.

Last edited by kodama; 03-24-2019 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:20 AM   #59
kodama

Are the parts indicated on the picture below rollers?
Comparable to the Ermes sub DR trigger but more moving parts.
I have an Ermes Sub DR trigger ready to install in the gun. I am sure it will be a worthwhile upgrade. Actually it seems a nicer and better made system than the TI C4 trigger.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:04 AM   #60
kodama

In comparison here are some pictures of the Sigalsub Jacko trigger that comes standard with this gun. Not sure if ‘CarbonTek ‘ comes with the same trigger.