Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Buddy Networking - California

Buddy Networking - California Looking to hook-up with some fellow Californians? Try here.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
Aegean

I live in Sana Cruz CA and I am looking for reliable, solid, sharp and humble buddies

Hello spearfishing family

I am looking forward to meeting some competent freedivers that I can rely on, who will show up at the time we decide, split the cost evenly, share techniques and tricks, and take hunting underwater seriously.

Just to give you an idea of where I stand, I have been spearfishing since I was 8 years old, I'm 31 now, and I recently got FII certification, so I feel comfortable in the water. I am usually in 40-70', but my goal is to relax down to ~100', so I am working towards it.

I go out at least 2x a week, I have a kayak, and I go out mostly during the weekends, and Fridays, but I also have time in weekdays during the mornings like 7-10am (before work) So my goal is to fill my days with spearfishing, hence my quest to find enthusiastic buddies who don't mind waking up early and who also can't stop thinking about being in the water.

Although I am residing in Santa Cruz, and I can drive out to Carmel/Monterey or dive in Santa Cruz.

Let's go out and get some lings, cabs, rockfish, halibut and urchins, and improve our dive time and depth together!

-Giray
Old 10-30-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
rickii

Talking Re: I live in Sana Cruz CA and I am looking for reliable, solid, sharp and humble bud

Hello, Hello...... impressive resume I'm sort of new to spearworld but have been addicted ever since I got started. its been about 3 years but I have been diving alone all this time so I didn't venture out too far or deep. would love to though! I live out in San Jose so not that easy but have been getting out to Monterey/Carmel on good days. I was even planning a day out this Saturday. Conditions might work out. I was out there two weeks ago and limited out!
rickii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
buddeelee87

Re: I live in Sana Cruz CA and I am looking for reliable, solid, sharp and humble bud

Y'all still looking? I'm in Palo Alto, usually go out with buddies up in Sonoma/Mendo, but is far (and my buddies are finding alternate interests given we started out for abalone then picked up spearfishing). Been wanting to find folks in SC area and a little closer to home. Early morn, Sat/Sun are the main times I could get out. Would be interested in getting out this/next weekend (9/7/19 - 9/14/19).
buddeelee87 is offline   Reply With Quote