Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
Alec

Best commercial grade lionfish container/bag?

Looking for the best bang for your buck on a lionfish bag that can hold anywhere from 20-40 lions approx. Thanks

Last edited by Alec; 07-28-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
kwyoungspear

Re: Best commercial grade lionfish container/bag?

Make a DIY version and just copy the zookeeper design.

I have the same enterace set up (just bought some PVC and a funnel) and then replaced the rest of the PVC pipe, which is not hydrodynamic and really slows you down underwater, with a lobster bag.

If you’re really lazy and cheap like I was just use a regular lobster bag (not the easy in but the ones the open up and clamp down) they hold plenty.

When you shoot the lionfish open the bag, put the pole spear in the bag, close it, then pull out the shaft. I’ve shot thousands of lionfish this way and was only stung twice because I was being careless.

I’ve kicked the bag before once too (worse sting to date) but that’s because I was running out of air, fighting a 30 pound black to the surface and was being chased up by a residential dusky.