Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Other International

Other International Here is an area for shooters from Europe, Asia, Africa, and all points in between.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #46
IAGUY

Re: A 1,100lb/ 500kg SPEARED GIANT BLUEFIN TUNA REPORT..

someone needs to pioneer a slip tip like this broadhead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QYg8vA7Swc#

what does it take to set a new world record fish like this? I assume you cant have any help handling the fish untile its on board or at least lashed to the boat? Do you just have to have a witness or does it have to be on video? just curious.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #47
Don Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAGUY View Post
someone needs to pioneer a slip tip like this broadhead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QYg8vA7Swc#

what does it take to set a new world record fish like this? I assume you cant have any help handling the fish untile its on board or at least lashed to the boat? Do you just have to have a witness or does it have to be on video? just curious.
It depends what Spearfishing organization your submitting to, IUSA or IBSRC ,
I once held the 21 century IUSA records for Wahoo and Dorado, I believe the fish was "landed" after the shooter tied a tail line not longer than 3 meter to the fish, you could not leave the water and only a unloaded gun could be passed to you if needed. Check their Web sites for current info.
Cheers, Don Paul

Last edited by Don Paul; 09-08-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Don Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:46 AM   #48
Behslayer

Shot Placement..

A friend from South Africa who has quite a lot of experience shooting big yellowfin was telling me that given a chance to aim, his prefered shot is behind the stomach cavity in the Lower side of the fish. The reason he chooses this is that it forces the fighting fish to swim upside down, and they tire and die quickly. Not sure where I'd shoot having the option to aim on an 1100lb Tuna, it seems hard enough to stone a 75lb Dogtooth..
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote