Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:35 PM   #16
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

Re: More from Spearcrafters... 762x54R PPD

Can we order online or just at the shop?
SEA_ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #17
Eibwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA_ARCHER View Post
Can we order online or just at the shop?
Their retail website (https://speargods.com/) isn't 100% yet, you should swing by the store which is co-located with their spear shop.

I drove down on Wednesday and got a tour of their spear making equipment which was interesting. There is a ton of work that goes into making just one spear. They have the standard things you'd imagine for a spearfishing geared retail store including guns (some that I don't think anyone has ever seen before), knives, terminal gear, etc. It's still being built out but was definitely worth the trip IMO.

It is frustrating though, now that I have the PPD, with the weather like it is. I wanna try it out but looks like that might not be in the cards for the foreseeable future.

edit - As a side note Rich is also selling Surf-fur jackets. I've never seen them before but looks like a good idea. Basically it is a long fleece trench coat that you can wear over your suit during your surface interval to keep you warm. Rich said he uses 2, one that gets wet and a dry one he wears after he's done diving.

Last edited by Eibwen; 12-14-2018 at 08:37 AM. Reason: update info
Eibwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:26 PM   #18
zackistre

Not sure on the surf fur. But I would highly recommend hyperflex playa surf/dive jacket. It's water proof neoprene can put on right over wetsuit. Probably the warmest jacket I have worn and would not want to dive winter without it. Not sponsored or anything just a great product.
zackistre is offline   Reply With Quote