Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Freshwater Shooting

Freshwater Shooting Live inland, away from the ocean? Tell us about freshwater hunting here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #136
CCR Josh
Sponsor

Re: Utah Visibility Overview (please contribute!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbp View Post
How did the tournament go Josh? I wanted to come down for it but had some teeth work done on Friday and couldn’t make it.
Sorry you couldn't make it. It was a blast!

I will post a thread in the freshwater section tonight or tomorrow with pics etc.

Still loading products into our online store, so let me know if you don't see what you are looking for
CCR Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #137
xanderbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEYGUY View Post
That walleye is freakin amazing!! Im bummed we couldn't meet up before I had to head back to Laramie.
Yea I wish we could have gone as well. Let me know when you get back in town or if you guys have anything planned for up there and i'll try to make something work. How did the internship go this summer?
xanderbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #138
Paul Benson
Mi nombre es Ben

We will be back in for Christmas break if u wana cut some holes in the ice. The internship was good. H&P is an awesome company but I think I will stay in school rather then roughneck!!!!
Paul Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #139
huntingfish

Has anyone spearfished at Flaming Gorge for Lake Trout during the spawn in October and November? If so how was it and what time of the month did you go?
huntingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #140
xanderbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEYGUY View Post
We will be back in for Christmas break if u wana cut some holes in the ice. The internship was good. H&P is an awesome company but I think I will stay in school rather then roughneck!!!!
That sounds good to me! Ive always been up for the polar plunge and if we get to stick some big rubber lips it would make it worth it!
xanderbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #141
HowdIgetSoLucky

Went out to Starvation Res. Thursday the 20th. Visibility up by the dam was 15+ in places and there were a bunch of big small mouth bass. Steve shot the biggest smalley I have ever seen and the biggest carp at 26.5 lbs not shabbey. Greg and Steve left about noon. Tyler and I headed over to the first bridge crossing when traveling from Salt Lake. We got in and went south not nearly as good visibility compared to the north side, max was about 5-6 but usually less. We did however run into a BUNCH of walleye. Tyler took several 5+ lb walleye. I was lucky enough to get a shot on a fleeting walleye who ended up weighing 8lb 15oz. It was a great first trip to Starvation for both of us. And thanks to Greg and Steve for getting us there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Walleye, Starvation Resevoir.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	179093  

Last edited by HowdIgetSoLucky; 10-07-2012 at 07:14 PM.
HowdIgetSoLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #142
HowdIgetSoLucky

Thumbs down Re: Utah Visibility Overview (please contribute!)

Deer Creek- Friday Oct 5th, north west side of the lake 1/2mile from the dam 8am. Visibility about 3-4 feet down to 30ft. Very light boat traffic, no skiers or wake boarders, no wind.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #143
Birdman

Anyone still going out? I havent been out much, last time was around sept 20th starvy 6-10 vis by campground.
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #144
Istickfish

pineview last night, vis was 0-1 foot
Istickfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #145
Birdman

I really want to go one more time, wondering if all the lakes are turnin over right now so no good vis anywhere? What do you guys think? Anyone seen deer creek in past week or starvy?
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #146
CCR Josh
Sponsor

Terry and Shane are headed to Starvation as I type this. I'll remind them to post an update.

Still loading products into our online store, so let me know if you don't see what you are looking for

Last edited by CCR Josh; 11-03-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Spelling
CCR Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #147
Slamcorps
Lurker extraordinaire

I hit Deer creek two weeks ago @ 20'-25' maybe 3' vis. I would like to hear about Starvation. I hope to get one last day in this year.
Slamcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #148
HowdIgetSoLucky

Hey Guys!
Starvation was pretty good today. Vis was 8-15ft up by the dam. It was pretty good when I or Shane wasn't kickin the bottom up. I shot a 26lb 4 oz carp today with a pole spear with a complete breakaway system. Talk about fun. It was awesome! Brought home a 5lb walleye as well. Such good eating. If anyone out there plans on using the breakaway system for any palegics I HIGHLY recommend a little practice before hand. HIGHLY. Water temp was between 50 and 52 degrees. 7 mm recommended unless you have a very nice fitting 5mm freediving suit. I only saw about 1/3rd the normal number of fish today. Not sure why.

Late post- Last Saturday Deer creek vis was about 2- 2.5 ft on the outside of the island. Water temp about 54. Saw zero game fish.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #149
IDreamOfVis

Was out at Deer Creek this morning/afternoon. At "The Island" vis was between 2-4 feet and a little windy, but it was very beautiful with all the new snow on the ground. Water temp was about 48 degrees and i didn't see any game fish, but i did see TONS of carp, even by deer creek standards. Does anyone know where the fish are this time of year? Most of my dives were between 15-22 feet with a few in the 30-38 foot range (although if that's where the walleye are i wouldn't know since i could only see about 6 inches in front of my face at that depth). On the plus side it was great practice for my new breakaway pole spear set up, i actually lost count of how many carp i stuck and although i didnt have a scale on me one was in the 20-25 pound range. All in all a great day for this time of year
IDreamOfVis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #150
Slamcorps
Lurker extraordinaire

I want to do a turkey shoot this weekend. Looking for a dive buddy. Thinking deercreek
Slamcorps is offline   Reply With Quote