Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific

Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific Post your shooting reports and other stuff from Down Under and beyond

Old 02-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
SB_Poseidon

Southern California diver looking for some pointers...

Hey guys,
I hope some of you Aussie spearos can help a fellow spearo from SoCal (USA) out with a little bit of advice and maybe a few recommendations...
I will be at a conference in Sydney at the end of March 2017 and would like to get a few diving/spearfishing days in. I'd love to shoot some kingies but then again, I have no clue what to expect in that area regarding fish, what is in season, etc. If you guys have any recommendations for charter trips etc please let me know!!!

ANY help is much appreciated to get me sorted out. Also, it would be really cool if someone wants to meet up, have a few cold ones and share fish stories.

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian
Old 03-07-2017, 05:50 AM   #2
boz

Re: Southern California diver looking for some pointers...

Sebastian

Im no longer Sydney based but it was home most of my life. There are a couple of local guys organising charters but i would be inclined to try some of the facebook pages (most forums have died or gone very quiet due to facey). I think 'Spearfishing NSW'? Find someone to rockhop with... good fish are taken from shore or try to get a boat ride - just offer fuel food etc... hope it works out

Ps i is a good time to dive if you get decent vis NE wind = bad. Southerly =good, as water is warm and you still have summer fish about...
boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
SB_Poseidon

Re: Southern California diver looking for some pointers...

Hey boz, thank you for your response!
I reached out to some of the Sydney spearfishing clubs and all of them have been very helpful and quick to respond. Looks like I will be able to go out with one of the guys out of Wollongong on his boat. I am really looking forward to this opportunity and we should have a good day on the water. Again, thanks for the input