Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Tournaments > CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championship

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #16
florfreediver

Re: 2010 CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Hi Dave/All,
Not sure if I understand the situation properly but from rumors I am hearing on the street, it looks like our young talented Team may, in a way, be getting slightly penalised, by actually taking part in this Worlds event?

They will be away when the 2010 USA Nationals is taking place and hence will not be able to score any points towards maintaining their positons in the standings.

When the next Worlds comes around and if it is in more "favourable waters" then Dan, Sean, Justin and John will probably not be able to take part, as they will have missed out scoring essential points in the 2010 Nationals!

Hopefully this rumour is without any standing as it sure does not sound quite right.
Surely if the Team are representing us at the Worlds, then some form of points compensation should be in order, if the timing is such that they miss taking part in the 2010 USA Nationals?

I probably have not heard the whole story.

Regards,
Mike.
florfreediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:19 AM   #17
Dan Silveira

The Seminar at Blue Water Hunter dive shop is ON!!!!!!! June 27th at 5pm.

Spearfishing Seminar's
Dive Centers across California are proud to announce that West Coast Spearfishing Champion Dan Silviera will be conducting several seminars over the next several months. Dan, who is a member of the US International Spearfishing Team, has been training with Martin Stepanek from Freediving Instructors International in Florida. Dan is the youngest competitor ever to win the Pacific Coast championships three years in a row. This remarkable diver and hunter will visit Dive Centers to share his incredible wealth of knowledge about freediving, spearfishing and international competition. Contact one of the dive centers below to sign up before all the spots are sold out. All proceeds will be donated to the US Spearfishing team for their attempt at the 2010 Worlds Tournament in Croatia.

The seminar will include: (3.5 hour presentation)

Improving your freediving skills.
Facts and info about the human physiology
Demonstrations
Safety
A journey down the coast of California to Global travel that will cover:
What kind of gear to use
Size speargun
Tips for successful spearfishing
And much more more.

Here is the link to my website:
http://www.spearfishingisnotacrime.c...sesandseminars

Blue Water Hunter ----------------- Sunday June 27th - at 5pm, 2010.

Phone: (805) 564-6677
E-mail: shop@blueh20.com
Web Site: www.blueh20.com
Address: 117-D Harbor Way
Santa Barbara Ca 93109

Here is the link on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=130819570282958

The price is $15 each, so sign up and support the 2010 USA spearfishing Team!!!

I hope to see you all there. We will have a large silent auction with guns, bags, lights, and more!!! Great deals!!!

Dan Silveira
Dan Silveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:28 AM   #18
Dan Silveira

Hey Mike, As far as I have been able to gather, you are correct. There is no way we will be able to participate in the next worlds if we do not attend the US nationals. It a harsh pill to swallow. Our goal is to represent our country the best we can and therefore we will not be able to dive in the Nationals in August because we will be scouting in Croatia. I hope this changes in the future. I would purpose that the Worlds team members either get 100% of the scores from this nationals or at the very least get to double our scores at the next nationals. That would be the simplest way to resolve this issue. Obviously the best approach would be to set a date for the nationals that would be conducive to their scouting schedule for the worlds. Hey - Every other country supports their national team and makes sure they can compete in multiple worlds!

Dan Silveira
2010 USA Worlds Spearfishing Team Member
www.spearfishingisnotacrime.com
Dan Silveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #19
Asturven

Dan,

I am originally from Spain and I was involved helping in several World Championships the Venezuelan team.

Normally the teams are selected according to their performance in the previous national championships. The big difference is that all the countries have a well organized schedule, so the dates of the nationals and the location help for the Worlds.

Here in the US we are really far from that, nobody plans for the Worlds, and having nationals even in freshwater does not help either. The US federation needs to put really clear how to select the team and if they not planned very well the dates for the Nationals, maybe tha best solution is with their performance in the previous year.

In Croatia scouting will be the key, like other tournaments in the past, the BIG teams have the Groupers located months before and they will race for that locations the first day. If they have the luck to find them there the tournament is over in the first 2 hours.
Like Mayorca years ago. This fishing is really deep.

If for any reason they are not there or the conditions did not help to find them, all the fishing will be "really" close to the coast, with a lot of short dives. Like Gijon years ago.

You need to train for both kinds of fishing, and do not forget your 75 and 90 cms guns.

If you want to talk about it you can always contact me, I will call you.

Best of luck

Ivan
Asturven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:19 AM   #20
Erik Sun

Hi there, is there any update on the Championships?

Thanks

Erik Sun
Sumora Dive Tools

http://www.SUMORA.COM
SPIERRE FINS | RABITECH SPEARGUNS | WEIGHTBELTS | TOMMY BOTHA TUNA GEAR

Links:

California Fish & Food Thread

Sumora Dive Tools
Erik Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:53 AM   #21
spaghetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEZerik View Post
Hi there, is there any update on the Championships?

Thanks

Erik Sun
Sumora Dive Tools
1 Croatia
2 Italy
3 Spain
4 Greece
5 Slovenia
6 Tahiti
7 England
8 Portugal
9 Turkey
10 Algeria
11 South Africa
12 Ukraine
13 USA
14 Chile
15 Russia
16 Finland
17 Bulgaria
18 Peru
19 Brazil
20 San Marino
spaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #22
fuzz
fuzzy logic

http://www.spearfishingwc.com/index.php/en/ratings

fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #23
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturven View Post
In Croatia scouting will be the key, like other tournaments in the past, the BIG teams have the Groupers located months before and they will race for that locations the first day. If they have the luck to find them there the tournament is over in the first 2 hours.
Like Mayorca years ago. This fishing is really deep.
Based on a video I saw on another site, it was all conger eels.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #24
Cbuzo

YouTube - EL PECIO DE LOS CONGRIOS
Cbuzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #25
Ramon
Ramon

Me mates are happy to be involved in this great web of pescasubmarina, I am pleased to be a member and be able to learn from you in this world
which is the great friends Océano.
The competition was developed with great wisdom on the part of the Croatian team, including the winner Daniel Gospic, it was clear who were the
favorites on home soil my congratulations to all participants and partners in order to all who have made possible the development of the event, I
still remember one of the last championships should be developed there, was suspended by the war in the Balkans many colleagues pescasubs gone
all is well life goes beyond hopenew triumphs of this young team they have now.
Also my congratulations to all participants, but not scored due to lack of fishing the hole, the Mediterranean Sea is difficult, with little leading to fish
as well fixed in his study of fish behavior.
Greetings to everyone.
----------
Compañeros me es grato poder ser participe en esta gran web de pescasubmarina, me complace ser miembro y poder con aprender de vosotros en este mundillo
que es el Océano.
La competición se desarrollo con mucha sabiduría por parte del equipo Croata, en particular del ganador Daniel Gospic, estaba claro que eran los favoritos en su
feudo mi enhorabuena a todos los participantes, colaboradores en fin a todos los que han hecho posible el desarrollado el evento, aun recuerdo uno de los últimos
campeonatos que debería desarrollarse allí, fue suspendido por la guerra de los Balcanes muchos compañeros pescasubs desaparecieron, bien todo esta superado
la vida sigue y esperemos nuevos triunfos de este equipo joven que tienen ahora.
También mis felicitaciones a los todos participantes, aunque no puntuaron por desconocimiento de la pesca al agujero, el mediterráneo es un mar difícil, con poco
pescado lo que conlleva a fijarse bien en su estudio del comportamiento del pescado.
Un saludo a todos.

Os dejo alguna información de este ultimo campeonato mundial 2010

http://www.fedas.es/reglamen/campeon...reglamento.pdf

http://www.spearfishingwc.com/images...LE%20FINAL.pdf

Last edited by Ramon; 10-20-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #26
Adelito

bienvenidos amigo, es refrescante ver un español en este sitio web, la pesca del Mediterráneo es distinta a la de nosotros en estados unidos..... pero también nuestro representantes son jóvenes , y tienen tiemo para exhibir su talante por muchos anos..... buena pesca
Old 10-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #27
Ramon
Ramon

Adelito;Gracias, espero que con la juventud del equipo USA y un buen aprendizaje, parte del cual deberían desarrollar en el Mediterráneo asi aprenderían mas
sobre técnicas de pesca, desplazandose en sus vacaciones, si pueden claro.
Un saludo compañero

Adelito; Thanks, I hope the USA team's youth and good learning, some of which should be developed in the Mediterranean so learn more
fishing techniques, traveling on vacation, if they can clear.
Greetings fellow
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote