Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands Aloha - Paradise exists for the shooters of the Hawaiian Islands

Old 06-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Andy Yanke

Arrow Need Long term Freedive dudes

Aloha Dooooods,
I've been diving Oahu (mainly leeward) for about 2 years now and most the time I go out from shore alone with family watching the buoy from the beach. My gear's been updated consistently and I'm finally content with my whole setup now... Except for getting to more spots.. I've decided to get a small boat (whaler or some other small center console or something but I decided not to do the kayak since I can't take my little girl out on that) to get to some better and less accessible areas... maybe save some energy not swimming so far out.
At that point, I can't go plan a hunt alone with everything that can go wrong.
I want someone who goes diving a few times a month or more...
someone who won't show up 30+ feet down chasing a fish while I'm laying in ambush and pushing my breath holding limits already...
Mainly someone who enjoys freedive hunting, knows how to dive with a partner, and doesn't mind that I can only hold a conversation about freedive hunting, engineering, physics, electricity and science in general.. and I'm not very good at controlling my verbal filter.. I say what I feel needs said generally..
With that said, the one other thing I'm serious about is.. I wont dive with a flatearther. NO WAY! I WON'T TRUST A FLATTARD.
If anyone would want to meet up for a shore dive this weekend (still looking at boats so that is tentative on when I find the right deal) then shoot me a message. Saturday morning looks super chill from like 4am to 1pm or so.
We can go where you suggest or somewhere I go.. or pick a new place... I enjoy about any depth up to 40' currently.. down time at 40' isn't much longer than the time it takes to go down but I'm sure I can push that a little if I'm more relaxed knowing someone's there to slap the shit out of me if I push it too hard.
*Finding someone who can bang out several dive trips without forgetting various pieces of gear each time is a major plus*
I also log each dive; Date, time, location, weather, water temp, moon phase, tide, water clarity and decent catches... which I will eventually share only with other long term local spearos to log their data in as well.

Thanks for reading if you happened to make it this far.
Message me if you're interested.

Last edited by Andy Yanke; 06-17-2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: I should have specified OAHU!
Andy Yanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
SEATUX

Re: Need Long term Freedive dudes

Best of luck to you...that was one hell of a First Post!
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:00 PM   #3
jersymudsniper

Can i move in your house from nj? I only have 3 kids a wife, 1 dog, 3 cats, a pig, 2 goats and 4 chickens. And a bearded dragon. Wont take up to much room. Willing to dive daily. Jk best wishes.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #4
Andy Yanke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEATUX View Post
Best of luck to you...that was one hell of a First Post!
Mahalo! I finally caved on a social media type of site. Haven't done social media in over 2 years now but I have to make attempts for more safe dives than I have been doing. If something happens to me, when my daughter gets older you know she will say "But he didn't even try to find dive buddies!! He just didn't care about the consequences!". I'm going to avoid that since you can't defend yourself when you're gone.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
Andy Yanke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersymudsniper View Post
Can i move in your house from nj? I only have 3 kids a wife, 1 dog, 3 cats, a pig, 2 goats and 4 chickens. And a bearded dragon. Wont take up to much room. Willing to dive daily. Jk best wishes.
you can get free stay at a local establishment that comes with 3 free meals a day... all you have to do is try and get that bearded dragon here... Mahalo for the comment though. Hope the hunting is good where you are. Keep safe & warm.