Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Pole Spears & Slings

All About Pole Spears & Slings What is it about that traditional method of the early hunter/gatherers under the water? These devices are indeed interesting and effective.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #31
Sbrent86

Re: Big Fish Pole Spear- Henley or Manny Puig?

Great thanks for the help as always
Sbrent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:26 AM   #32
Sbrent86

Henley pole spear

I have a curious question what is the best way for anyone to reband the Henley pole spear I bought one a couple years ago and I changed the band once. I cut the band on both ends on a shape angle and fed the tip threw on one end and pulled it tight to the pole as I fed the other tip threw and had a heck of a time doing this. Is there a better way to complete this task.

Also and idea for replacement parts slip tip or the injectors also.

Thanks Brent or anyone that I can contact for this.
Anything will help thanks again.
Sbrent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:04 AM   #33
florfreediver

Re: Henley pole spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrent86 View Post
I have a curious question what is the best way for anyone to reband the Henley pole spear I bought one a couple years ago and I changed the band once. I cut the band on both ends on a shape angle and fed the tip threw on one end and pulled it tight to the pole as I fed the other tip threw and had a heck of a time doing this. Is there a better way to complete this task.
Hi Sbrent86,
One DIY piece of equipment that used to help me when we owned the dive shop:
We had a approx 8" piece of dowel, about same diameter as a broomstick. Through the middle of the stick (radially) we had a loop of dynema sticking out about 4". When trying to get the second end of the band through (as described in your message) feed the dynema loop through the hole and push about 2" of the free end of the band through the dynema loop. Now with a bit of lubrication and possibly someone to hold onto the Henley (alternative = vice) you can pull the band through, until the end pops out. You can then adjust the band so that you have the desired length sticking out.
We actually used this tool in other different applications.
Hope this makes sense.
Regards,
Mike.
florfreediver is offline   Reply With Quote