Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
StriperSlayer02

SAVANNAH GA, and surrounding areas

New to freedive spear fishing in the savannah area (came from California) was wondering if anyone has any good information on diving this area, locations, gear needed for water conditions, good charters really anything would be of appreciation. Thanks in advance
StriperSlayer02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
100days-a-year
Seafood Sifu

Re: SAVANNAH GA, and surrounding areas

The wrecks in 80' or better will give you a chance at African pompano,cobia and the various jacks in the mid and upper water.Inshore vis is spotty but you may have a shot at hogs,grouper,scamp in as shallow as 60' but mostly 80' and deeper.Way inshore and around jetties there are flounder and sheephead.
100days-a-year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
diverderek

Are you looking work as a commercial shooter? All on scuba? if you want to swim around the boat some have at it.
diverderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
longshaft13

I just got here from Ca. too. I recently scored a boat and i'm about to start looking for fish/spear/and dive spots. I have some buddies that know their way around the water pretty good,they live around Darien. Hit me up with a pm. We Probably figure something out
longshaft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
mr.jadkowski

I'm also in Savannah and I'm looking to get back into freediving and to try spearfishing. I've always wanted to, but I've always lived inland on fresh water. I haven't found anywhere close to shore that's had visibility over three feet, but I don't have a boat to get offshore. If anyone's taking a trip, let me know, I'll be happy to cover my share of the gas.
mr.jadkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
bleu
Official Sponsor

Hey, Im up in NC just looking for new areas to dive. If any one is willing to take me out ill split gas, and whatever else. Any time after Sept 1st. I mostly spearfish free diving but do get out the scuba gear sometimes. Shoot me a PM
bleu is offline   Reply With Quote