Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-20-2015, 06:24 PM   #1
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Wwiii

Might as well start a thread as it appears it's going to be inevitable.

US Navy Sends Aircraft Carrier, Warships To Intercept Iranian Weapons Shipments In Yemeni Waters

Quote:
Update: Because the report from AP does not play well with "Everyday Americans", US CentCom is denying: U.S. DENIES REPORT SHIP SENT TO INTERCEPT IRAN VESSEL, SAYS SHIP SENT TO KEEP SHIPPING LANES IN REGION OPEN

The 'proxy' war is escalating very rapidly. As AP reports, Navy officials confirm that the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt is headed to Yemeni waters to intercept an Iranian weapons shipments. Just as we warned 10 days ago, the probability of a major escalation over the latest proxy Middle Eastern civil war escalated substantially when Iran parked two warships off the Yemeni coast.
EDIT: Moderator help me out if you can. Title sucks.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
Marcus

Re: Wwiii

Saudi Arabia Orders Its National Guard To Enter Yemen War

Quote:
Over the better part of the past month, the only entities actively involved in the proxy war in Yemen against the local Houthi rebel force have been air force units, mostly under Saudi command as part of Operation "Decisive Storm." Which probably explains why there has been little if any progress to note in pushing back said rebellion which, armed heavily thanks to the US government, has successfully managed to push the current president into an indefinite exile. That changed hours ago, when Saudi Arabia's King Salman ordered the Saudi Arabian National Guard, widely regarded as the kingdom's best equipped military ground force, to take part in Riyadh's campaign against Iran-allied Houthi rebels in Yemen...
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 04-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #3
Marcus

Sabre-Rattling Soars: Poland Buys US Patriot Air Defense System, Gold Pops

Quote:
Just days after Russia lifts sanctions on Iran and prepares to send its S-300 missile defense system, it appears Washington has retaliated. As TASS reports, Poland - on Russia's doorstep - has decided to buy the US Patriot air-defense system (made by Raytheon) for a total cost of around $9bn: "The US proposal has been found to be more profitable from the viewpoint of Poland’s security and implementation of commitments within NATO framework." Washington, keen to ensure Warsaw signed up with Raytheon, has decided to loan Poland a battery of Patriots until the deal is signed...
Old 04-21-2015, 04:28 PM   #4
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Peace loving pussy
Old 04-21-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
fishfan

Hmmmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YEP.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	217078  
Old 04-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #6
OBLIGATED

:d
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fookallah.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	217079  
Old 04-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #7
Marcus

My apologies for my denseness, but I'm not getting it. Are you guys wanting WW3 or not?
Old 04-21-2015, 09:26 PM   #8
OBLIGATED

I think its already going on just not declared.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:44 PM   #9
HARVESTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Things are aligning that way. I think our G and the Saudis, Israelis are wanting to glass the ME, just not their sand. How arrogant to think only the US dollar printers can rule the world. Payback is one baaaaad bitch though...

It's inevitable I think. Who benefits the most from this crap? MIC yes?
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #10
HARVESTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Things are aligning that way. I think our G and the Saudis, Israelis are wanting to glass the ME, just not their sand. How arrogant to think only the US dollar printers can rule the world. Payback is one baaaaad bitch though...

HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #11
fishfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARVESTER View Post

Don't forget Egypt, they've been on an a## kicking roll with no signs of taking their foot off the pedal.
I mentioned this before, Sisi was trained at the ware college here in Carlisle PA.
Look it up, they don't take dummies and you have to have a certain officers rank to get in.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:57 PM   #12
Capt.Gene

Obama's like a kid playing his 3rd chess match.
"So what will happen if I move this piece here?"
Old 04-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #13
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Gene View Post
Obama's like a kid playing his 3rd chess match.
"So what will happen if I move this piece here?"
You said it. A child with matches around gasoline.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:07 PM   #14
spearo #uno
Senior user

Don't loose any sleep over this, we've been there before with the Cuban missle crap some time back. At the end of the day we all want to show our "new toys" to everyone then we'll bring them back in the garage. Relax, there was back then and there is now a Democrat on duty so just relax n go back to bed.
spearo #uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:30 PM   #15
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearo #uno View Post
Don't loose any sleep over this, we've been there before with the Cuban missle crap some time back. At the end of the day we all want to show our "new toys" to everyone then we'll bring them back in the garage. Relax, there was back then and there is now a Democrat on duty so just relax n go back to bed.
I hope you are being sarcastic. The difference between then and now is that the Russians were rational human beings who wanted to live, and did not want to see the end of the world, and cared about calculating risks, while the Islamo-fanatics welcome death and the 72 virgins, want to see the end of the world so their messiah will come, and have no care about risk, fatalistically believing that if it is Allah's will, they will win no matter the situation or the risks.

This is anything but a replay of the Cuban missile crisis.