Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 03-12-2020, 11:36 AM   #31
SEATUX

Re: Some Thoughts on Financial Survival

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
He looked incredibly bad. Seriously, he looked sick or like he was super nervous or something. It was shocking really- he was just reading a teleprompter and seemed to have trouble with his breathing. I wonder if his staff has finally stood up to him and demanded that he stop spouting bullshit and acknowledge the shit has hit the fan. Possibly the adults in the room have finally stood up to his delusional fantasy that we are doing a good job.

If he had done something, a week ago, things would be far, far different. People are completely unprepared for how fast this pandemic is going to spread in the US.

Literally, 3-4 days ago two members of his staff said it was controlled. Cudlow and the skinny blond b... -- Kelly ann? The incompetence of the administration is being exemplified and it will translate to deaths.

I firmly believe that by April Fool's day this situation will be out of hand. I hope I am wrong. I don't think I will be putting money into this market for a while. Wish I sold more.
Hmmmm..that's not North Star's take on matters
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:25 PM   #32
jfjf

https://youtu.be/TV3h0XfVm0o
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:31 PM   #33
Bob Ballew

A small bright spot: One of China's top medical experts states that if countries move fast to isolate the virus, it could run it's course by June, based on Chinese experiences...it would take longer in the U.S. due to our slow reaction. We stocked up on food and basics for 3 months of isolation, if needed. We will move quickly after the 17th to position us in investments for the long run. Hey, it never rains for long in sunny California....
...My "new plan" is to rent a mooring and isolate ourselves at Avalon on Catalina island, thereby, limiting my exposure to chasing white sea bass!....
Bob Ballew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #34
tommy7

I tried to post in politics and religion thread but have no access. So out of respect for this thread, I posted an article on "HEAVEN" in the testing thread . With all the people sick and dying it seams to me to be very appropriate.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:59 PM   #35
Lompoc Local
Errin

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
Fear over a depression is not warranted. This is not a big enough thing to cause a depression. The media was very muted and nonplussed over the epidemics under the Obama administration's watch. They are hysterical under Trumps watch. The truth will come out soon enough, and then they will move on to something else to try and undermine Trump in order to defeat him in November.

Russian collusion, impeachment over Ukraine phone call, Corona Virus...when one gambit fails, they try another. Y'all are being whipped up into a frenzy over a relatively small event.
Your delusion is impressive.

Let's revisit this thread and your comments in a few months after the market has absolutely cratered and Trump's re-election hopes were a distant memory. The current situation is WAY more serious than you're giving it credit for.

Keep praying, I'm sure you'll be the only one saved! Well, you, Tommy and Mr. CupCakes of course! Imagine all the WSB out there and the three of you will be the only ones on it!

LOL

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:11 PM   #36
Bob Ballew

People who attack religion lack a certain amount of common sense...unfortunately....Thru-out history, religion has provided a moral compass and hope for people, many of whom have little hope due to their circumstances. The very people who disparage religion are often the ones saying a prayer for help as they lay dying...hypocrisy for sure, but the world is full of hypocrites..
...Post what you believe...I think there is room for all of us to call it like we see it, irregardless of the sad, negative people who seem to thrive on attacking the beliefs of others. Damn, I am out of popcorn....
Old 03-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #37
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Markets today

I went to all cash, there's seemingly nowhere else to go except physical gold.

The fed intervened and the market popped and dropped. NOT GOOD.

Bazooka Backfires: Stocks Tumble, FRA/OIS Soars After Fed's Massive Repo Operation Fails To Fix Liquidity Crisis
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:32 PM   #38
Bob Ballew

...All cash is good...until it is not....over the next month(s), there will be some great opportunities to invest in beaten down stocks and perhaps, real estate...holding cash long term is good if you want to stay poor, but safe...otherwise, start researching industries that will come back strong after the virus runs it course...people will fly again...people will buy gas to travel again...retirees will want to take cruises before they die...once that occurs, people who who sat on the sidelines will have missed out on another cycle where wealth building is possible....The early bird gets the worm....
...You only become wealthy by investing in something that will increase in value...a job only pays your bills, it won't make you financially secure...To do that, you have to do due diligence (called homework) and take a chance on our economy...Stocks and real estate will continue to be the foundation of wealth in America..Rah, rah, rah Calle forn ya and Amah re ca, land of the Brave!

Make your own luck and people will always say,"Gee, you sure seem lucky"...In reality, luck has nothing to so with it....it is all about recognizing opportunity, being prepared beforehand and having faith in your decision making....The other choice is to do like most people,...sit on the front porch, drink a beer and watch the corn grow...

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-12-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:25 PM   #39
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
...All cash is good...until it is not....over the next month(s), there will be some great opportunities to invest in beaten down stocks and perhaps, real estate...holding cash long term is good if you want to stay poor, but safe...otherwise, start researching industries that will come back strong after the virus runs it course...people will fly again...people will buy gas to travel again...retirees will want to take cruises before they die...once that occurs, people who who sat on the sidelines will have missed out on another cycle where wealth building is possible....The early bird gets the worm....
...You only become wealthy by investing in something that will increase in value...a job only pays your bills, it won't make you financially secure...To do that, you have to do due diligence (called homework) and take a chance on our economy...Stocks and real estate will continue to be the foundation of wealth in America..Rah, rah, rah Calle forn ya and Amah re ca, land of the Brave!

Make your own luck and people will always say,"Gee, you sure seem lucky"...In reality, luck has nothing to so with it....it is all about recognizing opportunity, being prepared beforehand and having faith in your decision making....The other choice is to do like most people,...sit on the front porch, drink a beer and watch the corn grow...
You're preaching to the choir, Bob. Looks like you're going to get that $5/share Ford stock price tomorrow. Not sure if that's even a safe price to buy. You know what pisses me off? Tesla's (TSLA) stock price, $560. That's some BS. Those crappy cars that are burning people alive in them in crashes, come with all kinds of defects, and are killing people with the faulty self driving feature. There's already other major car companies making better electric vehicles yet... Elon is a modern day P.T. Barnum and appears to be 'in the club' because the club appears to be supporting him. I'm so tired of all this corruption.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:47 PM   #40
Lompoc Local
Errin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
People who attack religion lack a certain amount of common sense...unfortunately....Thru-out history, religion has provided a moral compass and hope for people, many of whom have little hope due to their circumstances. The very people who disparage religion are often the ones saying a prayer for help as they lay dying...hypocrisy for sure, but the world is full of hypocrites..
...Post what you believe...I think there is room for all of us to call it like we see it, irregardless of the sad, negative people who seem to thrive on attacking the beliefs of others. Damn, I am out of popcorn....
Organized religion as currently practiced in America is a watered down version of what was created by those in power 2000 years ago as a way to control the masses and is generally based upon disparate anecdotal stories gathered up from many sources and then consolidated and modified such that any reliance upon their accuracy has been lost long ago. If you "need" religion in your life Bob, be my guest. But to portray religion as any kind of "truth" or absolute morality is a joke.

My comment was more focused on North Star's complete lack of ability to acknowledge our current reality which because of Covid-19 is about to change in ways we never imagined - and secondarily a shot at his reliance on religion rather than reality. His behavior mirrors the arrogance and ignorance of our president and look where that is getting us amigo.

So, that's how I generally see it. Feel free to disagree, it's a free country!

BTW, I did go diving a couple weeks ago and had some luck with the gamefish without any Bloody Decks beta and prior to your "find the grocery store" post.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Double.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	245132  

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:00 PM   #41
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Well the silver lining in all this is, once this virus runs its course the buying opportunities in the stock market should be incredible.

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:11 PM   #42
Bob Ballew

Well, my mom did teach me to avoid discussions of politics and religion...I should have listened...

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-12-2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:56 PM   #43
John Hughes
wsb....I'm over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompoc Local View Post
Organized religion as currently practiced in America is a watered down version of what was created by those in power 2000 years ago as a way to control the masses and is generally based upon disparate anecdotal stories gathered up from many sources and then consolidated and modified such that any reliance upon their accuracy has been lost long ago. If you "need" religion in your life Bob, be my guest. But to portray religion as any kind of "truth" or absolute morality is a joke.

My comment was more focused on North Star's complete lack of ability to acknowledge our current reality which because of Covid-19 is about to change in ways we never imagined - and secondarily a shot at his reliance on religion rather than reality. His behavior mirrors the arrogance and ignorance of our president and look where that is getting us amigo.

So, that's how I generally see it. Feel free to disagree, it's a free country!

BTW, I did go diving a couple weeks ago and had some luck with the gamefish without any Bloody Decks beta and prior to your "find the grocery store" post.

Wow, you know how I KNOW there is a God Errin? Because I actually feel compassion for you. I'm going to pray for you right now.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:50 PM   #44
North Star
Max

I'll check in with you in a couple of months. Panics never properly value assets, and when panic subsides, true valuation returns. Financial history always proves it does. Most folks lose their shirts by selling in panics at a loss and then fail to get back in until the market has run away from them. 95% of people are lousy market timers, not to mention have no clue about portfolio structuring to avoid excessive risk.

You can crow now at the start of the crisis, where you are all excited to make it as bad as you can in hopes that senile Joe will be elected - but you are going to be badly disappointed.

And as for the religious mockers and scoffers - I'll check in with you on the Day of Judgment. Don't forget, there will be one, and you will all be there. As Tommy said - repent of your sins, and believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior, and bow to Him as your Lord. A man's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses. And remember, it isn't very good spearfishing in the lake of fire.

Last edited by North Star; 03-13-2020 at 12:55 AM.
North Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:56 AM   #45
Huntersmoon
The Creature

Nothing from China is of quality, and doesn’t last very long. This will be over in a few weeks.