Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2004 Tournament Archives > Spearboard Open Archives 2004 > Spearboard Open Results

Spearboard Open Results Check here for the 2004 Spearboard Open Results

Old 05-24-2004, 08:40 PM   #1
Dive4Blood
The Wizard Of HOD

SB Brotherhood In Effect

It was pretty dicey there for a little while last week as to whether the Jolly Rogers 2 would be able to participate in the SBO due to a busted up prop. It all worked out in the end, and we dove the tourney as planned. I will admit that I had a few "Plan B's" working just in case, and I want to thank the following people who offered me rides, or made an attempt to get me set up. Not only for me, but for the guys/gals who were chartering the JR2 as well.

Spear One- Got on the phone, and starting telemarketing people on my behalf so that my ass wouldn't be left on the dock!
Marcus- Offered me a ride on his charter. Us (cough, cough) non-Republicans have to stick together . (For Edit- See below!!)
Spearchucker- Grumbled that I would make too many people on the boat, but I know that if push came to shove, he wouldn't have let a fellow Jesuit alum down !
Screen Name- Had a full boat, but did put in some effort to help me out.
Scott- Offered me his spot on his boat, and let the offer stand literally up to the point when I got in the truck Friday to drive to Steinhatchee.

Spearfishing brotherhood in full effect. You gotta love it!

AJ Suarez

Last edited by Dive4Blood; 05-25-2004 at 05:41 AM.
Dive4Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
Spearchucker

You know if you pissed and moaned enough, I would have taken you.
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:55 PM   #3
kitefisherman
Spearboard Historian

Scott went out of his way and gave me the same offer on his boat if my local fishing tournament got blown out after inquiring about my preparations. His thoughtfulness did not go unnoticed and was greatly appreciated especially in light of all of the other and more pressing matters that demanded his attention at the time. THANKS SCOTT!!!
kitefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:08 PM   #4
Nikki
Good Girl Gone Wong - LOL

My husband (fishfryer) and I were to go on the JRII this weekend. If it got cancelled - due to the prop situation - a Melbourne Beach Hunt Club member, Cliff H. would have found room on his boat for us.... It is VERY nice to know that if you need someone to stand up when the going gets challenged, that someone else will stand up for you when needed!!!! Thanks Cliff for the open invite!!! Spearfishers (men and women) are a great group and are so willing to help a fellow spearo in their time of need... I have the feeling that with this stellar group of people that things have a tendency to "take care of themselves" and that's due to the camraderie that's present within our sport...kudos to everyone who does their share to make this sport one that everyone's a proud part of.....

Group hug time....LOL!!!! Amazing but somehow true!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:15 PM   #5
Steel Shootin'

I know you guys would do the same for me.

Tropicaldiver, congratulations on your new Daryl Wong 50" Florida Freeshafter. That thing is a work-of-art.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:34 PM   #6
Nikki
Good Girl Gone Wong - LOL

No kidding!!! LOVE it and can't wait to get extra shafts to take it out to have some fun and "test drive" it's power!!!! Know it's kind of funny...told everyone locally that that was one reason I was entering - had no idea that It'd be that close to true

Great tourney.....
Old 05-24-2004, 10:42 PM   #7
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Us (cough, cough) non-Republicans have to stick together
Hey... whoa... Slow down there AJ. Don't try to pigeon hole me into some neat little political category. Just because I offered you a ride doesn't mean I'm going to join your little "non-Republican" club!

Yea, Scott offered me his spot on his boat as well, but I declined. Man, what a hell of a guy. Just kidding. About the boat offer, that is.

Actually Scott hooked us up with "ArmorKillShot"(Sean), son of the owner of Armor gear, who needed a ride. We had a great time. Sean went out of his way to amuse me by letting me witness an AJ kick his ass. He shot about 32# AJ in the adrenaline gland, and the spear shaft didn't get a good hold on the fish. Sean was able to get close enough to bear hug the AJ. The AJ then let him know that it wasn't into that lovey duvey *hit. Giggling like a school girl I watched the AJ do the rat a tat tat ta tat ta tat on Sean, about knocking his mask off, broke loose from the amorous one, pulled the shaft out and promptly left the arena. I swam after it until I finally figured out that it wasn't coming back, then proceeded to find me another 30#er which I nailed with my line gun which I was glad I brought, being that the bigger ones weren't letting you get close to them so it was hard to stone one.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 05:39 AM   #8
Dive4Blood
The Wizard Of HOD

OK, Marcus sorry. How about (cough, cough) those of us that formulate philosophies based on a logical personalized thought process, and who do not blindly follow the dogma of any political group's rhetoric need to stick together. How about that, better ?

That was a joke. Please don't turn this into a political thread. It's too early to puke.

AJ Suarez
Dive4Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:08 AM   #9
DISKSKO

too late!

aghhhhrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhcough!!!!!!!!!!

www.spearfishingtravel.com

----------------------------------
Spots that are listed (or will be) on SpearfishingTravel.com: S. Africa, Madagascar, Morocco, Egypt - Thailand, Bali, Saipan, India - Australia, Coral Sea, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Tahiti - Mexico, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Panama, Belize, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Peru, Ecuador, Brasil...Hawaii, Florida, Luisiana, New Jersey, California, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, N.Carolina - Spain, Norway, Turkey.

Ben.
DISKSKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:41 AM   #10
Armorkillshot

I wouldn't Say i Got my ass kicked Marcus, But I'm Glad I could provide some Entertainment for you and your republican buddies.
Seriously though i had a great Time and met alot of great people and I also couln't have done it w/o Scott so thanks again Scott You really went out of your way to make sure every one had Fun.
Armorkillshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:27 AM   #11
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Okay AJ, I can live with that one. Sign me up, as long as there's no hazings involving Jolly Dogs.

Your right Sean, it wasn't a true ass kicking, but it was still fun to watch because I've been there.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:26 PM   #12
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Don't feel bad Sean, dem Aj's have smacked me around so much I bout got Dain Brammage!

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote