Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Old 05-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #1
quattroluvr
Leigh

Send a message via Skype™ to quattroluvr
June 9th come support Freshwater Spearfishing rule change proposal

The "Oregon Spearfishing Association" is registered on the JUNE 9th COMMISSION AGENDA at ~9:30am. Please consider to come support the freshwater spearfishing rule change proposal in in Salem.

Basically the rule change would add Walleye and Shad to spearfishing in the Columbia and Willamette.

The meeting will be held at the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Headquarters building, 4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE, Salem in the Commission room on Friday June 9th begins at 8:00 AM, with our 'public forum' slot around 9:30am. Leigh will prepare the handouts for the commission and present.

Spearos are welcome to come and show support. Leigh will ask supporters to stand at the beginning.
quattroluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
quattroluvr
Leigh

Re: June 9th come support Freshwater Spearfishing rule change proposal

BE THERE! I will ask you to stand at the start of my testimony.
JUNE 9th COMMISSION AGENDA at ~9:30am. Be in Salem.
The meeting will be held at the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Headquarters building, 4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE, Salem in the Commission room on Friday June 9th beginning at 8:00 AM, with our 'public forum' slot around 9:30am.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
quattroluvr
Leigh

Re: June 9th come support Freshwater Spearfishing rule change proposal

Thanks to attendees Alexa, Kyle, Ian, Josh, Lars, Jeff D, for making the committee meeting.. It went as well as can be expected, The committee asked a couple of questions, and complemented the proactive page on potential angler objections. They will take it under advisement and direct ODFW as they see fit on next steps or questions.
Talked in the lobby after, with the rule mgr Mike G, who said it's unlikely to have it ready for 2018 if it got approved. He's also indicated several times we have much better chance if we can get pro-salmon groups support, and perhaps get at least an 'abstention' from bass/panfish groups, and/or walleye anglers.|
Asking for volunteers NOW -- tell me which pro-salmon groups you will target to to talk to for supporting our proposal. Look up their phone #, pick up a phone and ask for their exec director contact info. Then call them, send the PDF. I'll volunteer to talk to bass folks (AFTER initial commission feedback), as that's pretty delicate and my biz dev skills come in handy.. I'm already talking to NW Steelhead so that's covered. Look at the wild salmon web site for targets:
http://www.wildsalmon.org/about-us/s...coalition.html