Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 06-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
Ater22

Looking for a dive partner in SD

Howdy. I'm a novice spearo. Just started about 3 months ago. I've spearfished about a dozen times or so off the the San Diego beaches and have speared some sheeps head and other small fish. Learned a lot and want to start targeting larger fish, WSB and Yellowtail in the kelp beds. This weekend I'm going to upgrade my arsenal & order one of the new Rob Allen Roller guns with a slip tip. Before I go out there, I'd like to find a partner though. It's too sketchy for me going out there alone. Also, I'm a Marine so believe me I know all about gun safety. If anyone would be interested, please text me at 979-864-9812. Thanks and dive safe.
Ater22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
D.Dager
Here to meet and great

Re: Looking for a dive partner in SD

Oorah Brother! I got my start in the Marine Corps when I was based off Camp Pendleton a couple of years ago. I had to give up Diving for a couple years until I got my business started. Now I am kinda in the same boat looking for Dive Buddies and it has not been easy even being Level 1 Certified. I'm up toward LA/Oc area though otherwise i'd hit you up. If you or anyone else in my area wants to dive, please hit me up.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
Ren

Welcome @Ater22.

We have a club in north county called the Depth Finders. We usually meet every 2nd thursday of the month at the Jolly Roger Restaurant in Oceanside.

Here's a link to our website.

North County Depth Finders

Our next meeting is June 8th @ 6pm, and our quarterly club dive is scheduled for June 11th. It's a great opportunity to meet other divers with similar goals and occupations. Since I joined the club, I haven't had to dive alone.

The shop that we're sponsored by is MERIC Spearfishing (also in oceanside). Feel free to drop by MERIC and talk to the owner, Josh Fleming. He's on the board for the club and will hook you up with any gear that you may need and connect you to a good dive buddy.

Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
Ater22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren View Post
Welcome @Ater22.

We have a club in north county called the Depth Finders. We usually meet every 2nd thursday of the month at the Jolly Roger Restaurant in Oceanside.

Here's a link to our website.

North County Depth Finders

Our next meeting is June 8th @ 6pm, and our quarterly club dive is scheduled for June 11th. It's a great opportunity to meet other divers with similar goals and occupations. Since I joined the club, I haven't had to dive alone.

The shop that we're sponsored by is MERIC Spearfishing (also in oceanside). Feel free to drop by MERIC and talk to the owner, Josh Fleming. He's on the board for the club and will hook you up with any gear that you may need and connect you to a good dive buddy.

I know this is way late, but thanks for responding. I'd join the club, but I'd never be able to make a meeting during the week. I don't know what I'd gain from joking if I never was able to meet people. If y'all ever have an event on the weekends, I'd gladly come
Ater22 is offline   Reply With Quote