Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:06 AM   #1
R.Boonfield

Considering buying a Salvimar One

Does anyone have any experience freediving with the above? Considering buying due to great price.
R.Boonfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
Triton

Re: Considering buying a Salvimar One

Good watches, does everything most people need it to do, easy to operate and at an unbeatable price. I've sold a bunch since they were first released and the only negative feedback was one watch battery died very quickly. Easy fix though and now it's running great
Triton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
kodama

Two friends of mine just bought one some weeks ago. One of them is working fine the other broke and stopped responding in a matter of days. Customer service at Salvimar has been less than satisfying. He has sent it back to the reseller but has yet to receive anything in return. He now regrets that he didn't spend a bit extra for something decent. Regarding build quality or functionality or features it is not comparable to my Cressi Drake.

Sent from the abyss
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
R.Boonfield

Uh oh. Triton you mention yall sell them - do you have a warranty/guarantee type deal?

Thank you both for the responses.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:00 PM   #5
R.Boonfield

Kodama - can you please elaborate on the superiority of the drake?
Old 10-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #6
ldsanta

Kodama who did you purchase the watch from? I work for the distributor of Salvimar here in that states and can take care of this problem
ldsanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #7
Triton

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Boonfield View Post
Uh oh. Triton you mention yall sell them - do you have a warranty/guarantee type deal?

Thank you both for the responses.
Yeah anyone that has a problem with anything they bought from us, we handle. The distributor of those watches is very responsive with warranty issues
Triton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #8
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsanta View Post
Kodama who did you purchase the watch from? I work for the distributor of Salvimar here in that states and can take care of this problem

Pm send

Sent from the abyss
Old 10-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #9
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Boonfield View Post
Kodama - can you please elaborate on the superiority of the drake?

I love the Drake since it has many features that are easily accessible. So many alarms. Different diving modes. And special training modes that you can program to your needs. Besides diving in open water I train at least once a week so they are extremely useful to me. The screen is large and simple and shows what you want. You can choose what information it will show. The time ratio function is great while I am spearfishing to make sure I respect my surface time. Less important but nice is the way it looks clean simple and well made. Would recommend it to anyone. If you compare it with the Suunto d4f it has more to offer for less money.

Sent from the abyss
Old 11-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #10
kodama

Update:
I don't think Salvimar is a bad brand, I would love to have one of their smooth skin suits and love the noah mask I have.
But..
My other friend just told me his salvimar one watch just died. That is two watched dead in the first month of use! Salvimar are you kidding me?

Sent from the abyss
Old 11-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #11
ldsanta

Some of the first production run of these watches had a glitch in the system. Salvimar is either repairing or replacing the watches at no charge. The problem with the watch has been fixed. Like with any new product sometimes there are issues when you do your first production run. For the price you can't beat it and Salvimar is working on the few issues they have had with it to make this the perfect all around free dive watch
ldsanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:59 PM   #12
greensleaves

Just want to bump this thread to see if there is any new feedback on this product.
greensleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:40 PM   #13
R.Boonfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensleaves View Post
Just want to bump this thread to see if there is any new feedback on this product.
I ended up going with a Mares Smart (not Smart Apnea) because I had a $75 gift card to west marine and it was already on sale there (so ended up paying about $205 total for it). I've used it diving 3 different times and am pleased with it.