Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Old 04-15-2004, 08:20 AM   #1
Red Tide

Last Nights Free Dive Party

A good time was had by all last night at Casa de Red Tide.
20 something divers came over for a Pre Dive Tournament party at my house. We watched great free dive spearfishing videos from around the seven seas. We ate official Cuban Lobster Enchalau prepared by Cocinaro Gary Sanchez. Told more tall tales than a Tom Sawyer novel and drank more beer than three trash cans could hold empty bottles.
We got to hear about Ed Walkers new Toyota Fourunner. (Sweet Ride) We had Ray Odor over and he explained how easy it was to shoot big fish in Tampa Bay in the old days.( He had video to back it up) Cameron showed us some awsome videos of himself recording and shooting tuna, wahoo, and dolphin. Of course we had Sasa to fill in every spare moment with some down home Serbo Croation humor. (Nice outfit Sasa)
Dave Shelton came by and we all discussed the possibility of cancellation due to wind and sea conditions. Fortunatley it looks like everything is a go for Saturday.
We also noted that this will be the Largest State Freedive Tournament if all of the registered teams show up.
I think everybody would have to agree that Luck will be the determining factor in this years competition. If the seas level off I think it will be pretty much anyones game.
Hey Guys.... Don't worry, those severe stomach pains you are having will go away in about a week.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:27 AM   #2
Ed Walker

Kudos to the chef!

Im glad you guy hid me some of that lobster/fish stuff. It was outstanding. Thanks GS. Really enjoyed everyones spearfishing/other videos particularly Camerons world freediving tour footage. Nice pad too GR. See you all Saturady. Headed out to look for this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diverstuf 015.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	7810  
Old 04-15-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
blueh2oboy
Professional Snorkeller

New World REcord!!!!!!

Blake Gaylord has just captured a new world Record Bluegill this very morning in Lake Brant here in sunny Lutz, Florida. The full story of the stalk and ultimate capture of this spectacular fish will not be featured in any upcoming magazines but it is up to all of us to give him a big pat on the back for such an accomplishment. The fish, a .34 lb monster was taken with a Rabitech 1.4 Apex in less than 4 feet of water under the harshest of diving conditions. As much as I was looking forward to scouting today and tomorrow, I was unaware that Blake was going to attempt to kick-start his revolutionary T-top Customizing company that utilizes both the pulling power of a V-12 Ford Excursion and the stability of a 30 year old Oak Tree. If it wasn't for these efforts we would never have been able to capture this fish of a lifetime in our very own backyards. So gentlemen, don't bother looking for us out there on the Gulf of Mexico, we're more than happy to sit here and wait for the welders to finish repairs while we prove ourselves in 2 feet of visibility only a few short paces from a cold beer and a warm shower. Donations can be made to the Gaylord T-top Reconstruction fund this Saturday afternoon at the Bayport Boat Ramp following the Weigh In.

www.Spearblog.com Stories, videos, how-to, pictures, and all out spearfishing lies from Cameron Kirkconnell

Team Riffe
SaltLife

www.youtube.com/user/cameronkirkconnell
blueh2oboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:42 PM   #4
Dive Ranger

Way to go, Fokker!!
Dive Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:51 PM   #5
Dive4Blood
The Wizard Of HOD

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Red Tide, please tell me the rumor isn't true that you performed a rendition of Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf" for your guests wearing nothing but lime green Speedos, body glitter, and black wingtip shoes.

Good luck to all this weekend. I'm sure conditions will be similar to diving in the Cayman Islands.

AJ Suarez
Dive4Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:28 PM   #6
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Night vision goggles may be helpful this weekend. Day will likely look like night underwater up there this weekend.

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:08 PM   #7
Red Tide

D4B,
It was Barbara Striesands greatest hits CD, a gold shammy lined speedo and the trusted no slip white shrimpers go go boots. (Tops Rolled down)
We did notice that in Ray's vintage 1953 Jewfish slayers video all of the free divers were wearing proto type speedos.
I just looked out the window and noticed the wind is blowing pretty good out of the north. I sure hope it changes to east soon.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:56 PM   #8
SLAYER
sir-slay-alot

so does a freediving party mean that you all sit around in speedos and talk about how you were grabing the other guy in the water when you were scared of the sharks and how you hold hands when you dive down together in dirty water..sounds fun
Old 04-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #9
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

OOOooooooo... and the slayer throws an uppercut and lands it!
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:57 AM   #10
SLAYER
sir-slay-alot

oops its bucket again ,sharks fear him
Old 04-17-2004, 09:33 PM   #11
blueh2oboy
Professional Snorkeller

Nice spotted wahoo by the way freedive slayer. you find those in the bluewater or inshore. Missed you this weekend. We had a spotted wahoo speedo all picked out for you. I think they call those barracudas up here. well done.

www.Spearblog.com Stories, videos, how-to, pictures, and all out spearfishing lies from Cameron Kirkconnell

Team Riffe
SaltLife

www.youtube.com/user/cameronkirkconnell
blueh2oboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:10 AM   #12
Screen Name
Bubble Pack Junkie

Thumbs up

Great party GR. Thanks for having us over.
Screen Name is offline   Reply With Quote