Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Texas Gulf Coast

Texas Gulf Coast The Gulf Coast of the great state of Texas all the way from its border with Louisiana to Mexico is represented here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
wiznut

New Spearo in Houston!

Hey all, just got approved for the board and wanted to introduce myself. I'm fairly new to the sport, but super pumped to do more of it. I've done a guided spear trip out of Cabo a couple of times and made it out to the near rigs in Galveston a few weeks back and played around with sheepshead. Had opportunities at cobia, but decided I wasn't comfortable dealing with a fish that size yet. I've got my PADI open water done and a number of dives under my belt, but I've just been freediving while spearfishing so far.

I currently own a flats boat and do quite a bit of inshore fishing, but I have a Yamaha 200 4 stroke sitting in my garage waiting to hang on the back of an off shore boat that I'm going to check out this weekend. Hopefully will have that boat put together in the next couple of weeks and will have a solid ride to make it out to the rigs in. Just need this wind to finally die down and I'm going to be all over it. I have a very flexible schedule and will probably be doing a lot of mid-week trips with extra room in the boat. Definitely interested in meeting up with some more experienced guys and learning more about the sport. I'd also be down on chipping in for fuel if anybody else has room on board.

wiznut is offline   Reply With Quote