Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #16
Aunakesu

Re: Dive shop open cell wetsuit issue

Giant Stride Warwick
Aunakesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:25 PM   #17
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

Dgleeson...

I sent you a pm, I'd like to talk with you about your suit.

Thanks

Dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #18
frankt
apneist

i have a mako 7mm which i use i 58-63 degree waters and i love it so much that im considering a 5mm for the warmer months in the exact same suit
frankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:39 PM   #19
frankt
apneist

i have all kinds of mako products like suit ,weight belt,knife ,fins ,mask ,gun mount for my gopro,filter for my gopro ,float line and the only item i can honestly say i didnt like was the 2mm booties which i got some argos but every thing else from mako i love and use regularly and would recommend to anyone of my friends
frankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:23 AM   #20
inkabodpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunakesu View Post
Giant Stride Warwick
I own Giant Stride Dive Shop and I don't remember you trying to return the suit to us…..We would take it back if it was in brand new condition! Did you attempt to return it in brand new condition? Also I never said you would crease it…..thats an outright fabrication, I said you most likely would rip it without lubing it before donning it. We are not prepared to lube you up and wash the suit if it doesn't fit and then deal with a ripped suit. You're giving me a bad rap when we go out of our way to serve our customers. BTW You never bought a mask from me without trying it on….I insist divers try on masks. We always fit masks to divers and they are welcome to try any and all of them on in the store.
inkabodpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:45 AM   #21
Freedvrjim
straight shooter

Wink Re: Dive shop open cell wetsuit issue

ya know...
you can try open cell suits on if you turn them inside out...
Old 09-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #22
Marco

Unless your body is too "weird", almost any 3 - 5 mm off-the-shelf open cell wetsuit will fit.

Based on your measurements, you are either an "L" or a "M-long".

Which size was the suit you bought?

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:32 PM   #23
Aunakesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedvrjim View Post
ya know...
you can try open cell suits on if you turn them inside out...
good to know.. thanks.

Ill never go back to that shop again. The guy is cool sometimes then the next hes got an attitude. I noticed the same thing at Andersons..

Customer Service sucks. Maybe if they treated me better I'd be willing to come back..

Last edited by Aunakesu; 09-10-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:35 PM   #24
Freedvrjim
straight shooter

I manage a retail showroom and have seen it all but there is no excuse for poor service.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:41 PM   #25
Aunakesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Unless your body is too "weird", almost any 3 - 5 mm off-the-shelf open cell wetsuit will fit.

Based on your measurements, you are either an "L" or a "M-long".

Which size was the suit you bought?
My Body is not weird at all. I'm 5'10 175lbs.

Mares Instinct Open Cell Size 6 top - Size 5 Bottom.

If anyone is interested (5MM suit)

If I could have tried it on at the store I would have known right away I needed a 5 top & 4 bottom.

Live and Learn

Suit is for sale if anyone is interested.. You can try it on before you buy it too
Old 09-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #26
Aunakesu

top condition is 10 out of 10, the bottoms are 9 out of 10. One very small rip in the knee. doesn't go into the foam. just a surface tear about 1/4" I believe I paid $325 for the set Ill sell it for $245. obo

Don't need it sold right away. Who knows maybe Ill gain some weight in a few years.. I have some surf suits that will work for the time being.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #27
Aunakesu

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/mares-...mm--P015668031
Old 09-10-2015, 09:43 PM   #28
Aunakesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkabodpain View Post
I own Giant Stride Dive Shop and I don't remember you trying to return the suit to us…..We would take it back if it was in brand new condition! Did you attempt to return it in brand new condition? Also I never said you would crease it…..thats an outright fabrication, I said you most likely would rip it without lubing it before donning it. We are not prepared to lube you up and wash the suit if it doesn't fit and then deal with a ripped suit. You're giving me a bad rap when we go out of our way to serve our customers. BTW You never bought a mask from me without trying it on….I insist divers try on masks. We always fit masks to divers and they are welcome to try any and all of them on in the store.

You did say I would crease it, or rip it and the suit was unreturnable. You wouldn't let me try on the suits. That's the bottom line. I should have gone somewhere else. Now I am stuck with an open cell suit that is useless because it leaks like a steamer. Other local shops have already contacted me via pm and are willing to let me try on suits there before I purchase. you lost my business. sorry

For the record, The mask I bought which leaked was bought at Andersons and he refused to let me return it after I left the shop with it. The suck test didn't work, ya don't know until you're 10ft underwater its gonna leak.

Seems like as a novice diver (the more I learn from experience and seeing what friends have) these dive shops took advantage of my lack of knowledge. Ive got a bunch of crappy snorkels and scuba weights, if anyone is interested..

Looking forward to doing more business online (its just easier). Especially now that I have friends who dive and I can try their gear first or see first hand what works best through their trial and errors. In the future, dive shops that really take pride in customer service and stand behind their products.

Last edited by Aunakesu; 09-10-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:02 AM   #29
inkabodpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunakesu View Post
You did say I would crease it, or rip it and the suit was unreturnable. You wouldn't let me try on the suits. That's the bottom line. I should have gone somewhere else. Now I am stuck with an open cell suit that is useless because it leaks like a steamer. Other local shops have already contacted me via pm and are willing to let me try on suits there before I purchase. you lost my business. sorry

For the record, The mask I bought which leaked was bought at Andersons and he refused to let me return it after I left the shop with it. The suck test didn't work, ya don't know until you're 10ft underwater its gonna leak.

Seems like as a novice diver (the more I learn from experience and seeing what friends have) these dive shops took advantage of my lack of knowledge. Ive got a bunch of crappy snorkels and scuba weights, if anyone is interested..

Looking forward to doing more business online (its just easier). Especially now that I have friends who dive and I can try their gear first or see first hand what works best through their trial and errors. In the future, dive shops that really take pride in customer service and stand behind their products.
Never said you could not return it…..IT MUST NOT HAVE RIPS OR LUBE ON IT. And yes you can try it on if you turn it inside out but you can still tear the open cell neoprene. Thats why BUY FIRST AND EXCHANGE IF IT DOES NOT FIT AND IT IS IN BRAND NEW CONDITION. THE SIZE CHARTS ARE VERY ACCURATE SO IT SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE. YOU NEVER TRIED TO RETURN THE SUIT. I WAS ALSO NEVER NASTY OR RUDE TO YOU EVEN NOW THAT YOU'RE BEING A JERK AND BLAMING ME BECAUSE YOUR SUIT DOESN'T FIT. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR ONLINE BUT GOOD RIDDANCE TO YOU …..YOU ARE AN OUTRIGHT LIAR AND YOU SLANDERED ME WITHOUT JUST CAUSE. GOOD LUCK OUT THERE.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:22 AM   #30
inkabodpain

I can't figure out why you would lie online and publicly trash my business I have never used the word crease with regard to a wetsuit. Rip, yes Tear, Yes, Crease…..Friggin never! Wetsuits come out of the box with creases in them! You never even tried to communicate with me any dissatisfaction with the service or the suit but you jump online and start a bunch of crap. Deal with problems on a personal level before you jump the gun and you may find the results much different, be a man not a boy. I was never rude to you……but putting this on a public forum before even trying to resolve it with me is childish.
Red