Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:53 AM   #16
SFM-SharkTales

Re: Bull Shark takes mermaids #COBIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-oh View Post
Either way SFM it was a few suggestions to improve your game. But what do I know?!?
Steve-oh,

If you look at our THREAD that you high-jacked with your video, which we didn't watch... I never asked for your suggestions. I also stated we don't need to justify our post. YOU ARE PRIME EXAMPLE WHY A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE LEFT SPEARBOARD.

Anyways, I will not get sucked into your insults on our diving or spearfishing or videos. I dive with one of the best Spearos/Captains in PBC and we land fish all the time & do it with great team work & produce great videos and we love what we do! Thanks for watching but if you have nothing positive to say then move onto the next thread.
Click Subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLbQ..._as=subscriber
SFM-SharkTales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:03 AM   #17
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFM-SharkTales View Post
Steve-oh,

If you look at our THREAD that you high-jacked with your video, which we didn't watch... I never asked for your suggestions. I also stated we don't need to justify our post. YOU ARE PRIME EXAMPLE WHY A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE LEFT SPEARBOARD.

Anyways, I will not get sucked into your insults on our diving or spearfishing or videos. I dive with one of the best Spearos/Captains in PBC and we land fish all the time & do it with great team work & produce great videos and we love what we do! Thanks for watching but if you have nothing positive to say then move onto the next thread.

Click Subscribe

I apologize I did not realize your post was for advertisement of a job position. My comments were simply suggestions on how to improve your success rate. What You may see as an insult, may actually be informative to someone else actually trying to learn and can see good examples of what to do and not to do.
steve-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #18
triponempa
internet troll

um... when does the shark take the fish? I watched and waited. Why the slow mo? Usually slo mo is used to highlight an action segment. This reminds me of the scene in monty python the holy grail where the guy keeps running across the field.
Where's the beef?
triponempa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #19
jfjf

Quote:
Steve-oh,

Click Subscribe

OK so you only want positive comments about your video? Anything else is a hijack and you will ignore it?

How many positive things can we say about you feeding sharks?

"I bet that cobia tasted good?"
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:19 AM   #20
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
OK so you only want positive comments about your video? Anything else is a hijack and you will ignore it?

How many positive things can we say about you feeding sharks?

"I bet that cobia tasted good?"
Thank you jfjf!!
Old 05-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #21
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

Sfm, I think you fail to realize how spearboard works. It is an open forum for anyone to comment when they feel. If you would like to have specific advertisement rights call Tony and pay him for a banner on SB then no one can comment.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #22
jfjf

Feedback, questions and comments are always welcome when I post a video, well SOME comments might not be appreciated, but reviewing video is a great learning tool.

I'm sometimes amazed at how different my recollection of an activity is versus what the video actually shows.

Time perception is off, the sequence of events is sometime jumbled, your position and the relative position of others is often inaccurate and sometimes stuff happens so fast that you are acting instinctively and don't even know or remember what you actually did. Critical review of my own (raw) videos is often very useful.

I shot tons of video of my kids (from 10 yrs old) doing scuba and freediving and spearfishing, and (I think) a careful review of those videos was very beneficial in learning to do the sport (for all of us). It is always fun to argue "who screwed up" and then be humbled when the replay doesn't support your version of events.

To post a video on a discussion board and then to demand only positive feedback (not to mention when the outcome is a fail) is not realistic.

I think we can learn a ton from "video fails", but their value is severally constrained if everyone feels like they can't ask a question, point out an error or even make a positive suggestion.

I sometimes wonder if people are more discouraged from posting videos by being ignored than by receiving critical feedback.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #23
sharpshooter

SFM, just joined in October. He may not be familiar with all the "personalities" on here.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #24
sharpshooter

JFJF, I agree that videos are a great learning tool. All the professional sports teams study their competitors and team members for ways of continuous improvement.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #25
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
Feedback, questions and comments are always welcome when I post a video, well SOME comments might not be appreciated, but reviewing video is a great learning tool.

I'm sometimes amazed at how different my recollection of an activity is versus what the video actually shows.

Time perception is off, the sequence of events is sometime jumbled, your position and the relative position of others is often inaccurate and sometimes stuff happens so fast that you are acting instinctively and don't even know or remember what you actually did. Critical review of my own (raw) videos is often very useful.

I shot tons of video of my kids (from 10 yrs old) doing scuba and freediving and spearfishing, and (I think) a careful review of those videos was very beneficial in learning to do the sport (for all of us). It is always fun to argue "who screwed up" and then be humbled when the replay doesn't support your version of events.

To post a video on a discussion board and then to demand only positive feedback (not to mention when the outcome is a fail) is not realistic.

I think we can learn a ton from "video fails", but their value is severally constrained if everyone feels like they can't ask a question, point out an error or even make a positive suggestion.

I sometimes wonder if people are more discouraged from posting videos by being ignored than by receiving critical feedback.
What attracts me to Jfjf's vid's is his humility. It beckons introspection and improvement at the same time enjoying the experience with him. We've all been there and it's a good teaching tool whilst invigorating.
Certainly one can appreciate his black belt mastery of under water yelling.
Chest pounding videos...meh, seen so many...they don't make me laugh. Understanding mistakes is what helps improve one's own skills.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #26
Itchy Trigger
Slagin' Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
SFM, just joined in October. He may not be familiar with all the "personalities" on here.
Oh they are plenty familiar! LOL
Itchy Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #27
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Talking Re: Bull Shark takes mermaids #COBIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
What attracts me to Jfjf's vid's is his humility. It beckons introspection and improvement at the same time enjoying the experience with him. We've all been there and it's a good teaching tool whilst invigorating.
Certainly one can appreciate his black belt mastery of under water yelling.
Chest pounding videos...meh, seen so many...they don't make me laugh. Understanding mistakes is what helps improve one's own skills.
LOL Too funny. Too true.
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:24 AM   #28
Scubadood

Send a message via Yahoo to Scubadood Send a message via Skype™ to Scubadood

Quote:
Most of the time we land the fish!!! We realize lots of things we could of done differently in this 10 secs but we ALL have had those moments.. We learn from each time with dive with sharks, we respect them & we know sometimes they will win.. This 10sec video has been slowed down so we all cam see... at 54 secs one of the many bull SHARKS WIN THE COBIA AND we lose a nice new shaft!!!

We LOVE what we do for a living... it is NOT FOR EVERYONE but we are looking for a few more EXPERIENCED spearos to JOIN US.

send us a message with your number and we will get back with you with what we need & expect from you if you.

http://youtu.be/3v54slzOgn8
Don't do it , I hear your Terms are way in your favor.
Always Always about the $$$$.
Make sure you have the proper permits when selling ALL of your fish.
Scubadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #29
Shark Tales

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropMan View Post
Don't do it , I hear your Terms are way in your favor.
Always Always about the $$$$.
Make sure you have the proper permits when selling ALL of your fish.
Have all endorsements necessary... but all our fish are eaten by sharks anyway
Shark Tales is offline   Reply With Quote