Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Technical Spearfishing

Technical Spearfishing Technical Scuba diving is generally defined as going deeper than 130 feet. You must have the proper training for this extreme aspect of spearfishing.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
SharkBait007

Hollis TX1 questions

Does anyone use this computer? If so what are the pros/cons? I am looking into getting into SM and Tech, and was thinking this would be a good one to start with.
SharkBait007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:28 AM   #2
Decostanza

Re: Hollis TX1 questions

I have a little experience with this computer, let me know what specific questions you have. Since you mentioned you were interested in getting into tech diving...have you looked at the Shearwater line? They are what many (myself included as a very strong supporter and user of a couple of their models) consider as the gold standard....and their customer service is legendary.
Decostanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #3
SharkBait007

Re: Hollis TX1 questions

Deco,

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you. I really want a good primary computer that has the capability of being used with multiple tanks. I have not actually seen or held this computer. Rather, I am a big fan of Hollis and have seen them on leisure pro recently. But yes, probably in about 5 years I would like to start to tech dive, but after I become good at side mount and cave. Is the computer easy to use, navigate through? difficulty in switching between mixes (different tanks)?
SharkBait007 is offline   Reply With Quote