Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-02-2017, 05:54 AM   #166
Manavie

Re: Carbon Fin Reviews

I just bought the carbon (c4) Skorpio Softs with Omer Stingray pockets.

The footpockets feel very soft on the top and are heavy, so I will be going with pathos in the future because of how light, firm, and custom heat moldable they are.

Blades are great for someone looking for a softish fin, but my friends who have tried the C4s, moanas, and deep apneas do not like the C4s compared to the others (including the Red Falcons).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #167
Tiburonboricua
SpearMagik

Could anyone recommend footpockets for EEE wide feet. I'm looking at the C-4 but have heard they are narrow.
Tiburonboricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #168
eddiebrs

I had trouble finding wide footpockets also. The Mares footpockets work well for me
eddiebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:44 AM   #169
parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburonboricua View Post
Could anyone recommend footpockets for EEE wide feet. I'm looking at the C-4 but have heard they are narrow.
What length size? I agree with eddiebrs that Mares is usually the choice for wide feet. But, these are the widest I've ever tried on . . . http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=125520 Please let me know if your're interested. Thanks.
parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #170
hydroid

I wear size 9 EEE and my Leaderfins are perfect with the Argos socks. Although Petros says leaderfins are the second narrowest or something to that effect.
hydroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #171
drbotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedivingfool View Post
Petros you should sponsor me now as your Far East representative for Pathos and Bluetec!!!

Anyways I went out for a quick dive using my Leader Carbon fins in medium stiffness, compared to the Bleutec's, surfaced swimming sucked with these, it's like swimming in Jetfins. I didn't have my D4 with me but I think I was hitting around 50-60 feet, coming from that depth with the Leaderfins I could definitely tell that I had to work more to get to the bottom and utilized more energy and kicks due to the blades being very stiff feeling and not working and flexing as the Bleutec's did, however the Picasso pockets was comfortable. So with the Leaderfins compared to the Bleutec's, the Bleutec's completely and utterly blow the Leaderfins out of the water!!!

Thanks for the excellent review. I have a question re my Anax xxone carbon fins with Pathos pocket. The rubber sides on the fins keep coming off , is it really necessary to have them on? And if so what glue is the best to keep them on. One reason that they might start to come loose is when I use my buoy line and the line catch the corner at the foot pocket end

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
drbotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:05 AM   #172
Fat Larry

Anyone tried these yet?

https://freediving.cetmacomposites.i...es-s-wing.html

The pockets look like they're actually thinking about what a foot pockect should do to avoid wasting kick energy and the blades sound like they've seen some sucess as well in competitions.
Fat Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #173
mishu1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castronova View Post
I recently received my new Moana Euro in Soft flex and finally got to try them out yesterday. I have to say I am very impressed with these fins.

My legs were still a little sore from working out so that may have played a small role but that happens to me a good bit. I dove around in these doing some drops to 82 - 85' or so very comfortably. Shot a nice king mackerel, chased it down, then switched back to the medium DiveR.

My legs had gotten used to the effortless kick of the euro soft and the medium long blades then seemed very hard on my legs.

I still need to test them out quite a bit against the DiveR's but I really enjoyed using them. I didn't realize a "loss" of power and just changed my kick a little for the shorter blade.
do you think that getting the hybrids instead of the euros would have been better coming from DiveR's?

btw DkveRs and pathos foot pockets: match made in heaven
Old 06-22-2017, 10:00 PM   #174
Eddieparrasuper

I jave moanas in pathos. Great fins. Im able to reach surface from 60ft in 4-3 kicks. Dolpin kicking in these are vital too. Being honest. I have hybrid soft. Even the hybrid softs feel kinda stiff. Perfect for diving semi deep. Im trying to get harder fins but my weightsuit is too buoyant with 20 lbs of weight. Once i reach 30 feet i start sinking. Im nuetral at 22 ft. Id need a 3mat suit and harder fins with less wieght.

Last edited by Eddieparrasuper; 06-22-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Eddieparrasuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:33 AM   #175
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

intrigued by Cetma's little Dynami-Techs - a 20cm shorter fin would be cool if performance drop isnt too dramatic. Has anyone got any feedback going to Dynami's from long carbon blades in conventional footpockets?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pinne-in-carbonio-modello-dynami-tech (1)-800x600.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	234809  
kavachi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #176
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

dive r is the only premium brand I have not seen break. lots of broken moanas and deep apneas - literally - I have seen a few broken blades from each of those. Has anyone ever broken a dive r? I'm sure someone has but I never saw it and considering how many broken blades I have seen - it's something.