Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:04 AM   #1
mepps1

"Officer Safety"

"Officer Safety"- The only kind of "safety" on earth that kills other people. With more-or-less 100% legal impunity.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahoma-...212251357.html
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
OBLIGATED

Re: "Officer Safety"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
"Officer Safety"- The only kind of "safety" on earth that kills other people. With more-or-less 100% legal impunity.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahoma-...212251357.html
Then there are the videos of officers not shooting a non compliant suspect and ending up shot dead because they were afraid of being crucified by the media and their "superiors".
Funny I havent had a ticket in over a decade or any issues with officers even when we disagree.How does that happen?
I know there are shitbags in LE and they need flushed and given harder sentences for betraying the public trust.They make the job harder for the good guys.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:51 PM   #3
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Then there are the videos of officers not shooting a non compliant suspect and ending up shot dead because they were afraid of being crucified by the media and their "superiors".
True. But I think it's quite clear that there are few examples of officers being charged after a bad shoot and almost no examples of successful prosecution. Impunity is not a good thing when it comes to human life.

Even worse, no judge or prosecutor will ever face charges or even a civil suit, no matter how maliciously or carelessly or illegally they may act. It's outrageous and unjust.

The law enforcement and legal caste have no "skin in the game" versus the plebes. Justice only operates in one direction. Which is to say that it's not remotely just.

Quote:
Funny I havent had a ticket in over a decade or any issues with officers even when we disagree.How does that happen?
Hate to break it to you, but that mostly comes from getting old. I always wondered how my dad managed to get so many warnings and no tickets. Now I know.

It also helps to be courteous, respectful, and calm.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:31 PM   #4
OBLIGATED

Courteous,respectful and calm goes a long way.Having a valid DL,insurance and registration when the officer asks for it helps too.Metro-Dade Floridaor any major city most traffic stops late at night have none of the above and looong criminal records.Being a smartass with a cop is just stupid.If they are wrong let an attorney screw them in court.
There is a saying"you might beat the rap but still get the ride".I have seen whats been in the back of a police cruiser.I dont want to be in contact with that seat.Public bathrooms are probably safer.Everything from crack whores with HIV to faggots wearing depends have squished across those back seats.

Yes Im getting old too.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:38 PM   #5
mepps1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-rel...040000376.html

It's open season anytime you get pulled over. But I guess it's good that the shooter only gets to bag one per job.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #6
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-rel...040000376.html

It's open season anytime you get pulled over. But I guess it's good that the shooter only gets to bag one per job.
I'd have to say that is one of the most disgusting unjust shootings I've seen in a while. That scared over eager dip shit should've never been in that position. Even after plugging the innocent citizen several times, he wouldn't take the gun off of him. Also, he could've easily injured the daughter in the back seat.
It's amazing he was let off on the charges. If there's ever a protest worth it, he should face it. There's enough young black children growing w/o dads then that numbnutz officer adding to it. I don't know how he could look himself in the mirror after that.
IMO, he should be helping pay for that family's upbringing. The judge should be reprimanded as well.
The main problem is that all the news from everywhere gets pumped into the MSM and social media almost real time such that the user gets inundated w/ all these F'd up situations all the time. Combine that w/ illogical SJW like 'The Goat'...and there you have it.
Quote:
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. . . well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."
Old 06-23-2017, 09:04 AM   #7
HARVESTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
I know there are shitbags in LE and they need flushed and given harder sentences for betraying the public trust.They make the job harder for the good guys.
Always sticking up for the cops....

He might have a gun my ass. I might have a Bazooka, Marcus might have a 14th century sword....

The police officer's job is to serve and protect. That gun they carry is last resort, which may be too late but I'm sorry it's not shoot first and protect my ass. The other thing is when did officer safety become paramount over civilian safety?
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #8
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what

It's troubling to me that this guy was even hired as a cop. The video of the event shows he is totally unfit. Unless the police set up and hold a higher standard, they must be disarmed. On the other side, when a cop has his gun pointed at you and tells you three times not to move, don't fuc#ing move!!!!

Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by. Move enough Mexicans into California, you don't make them Californians, you turn California into Mexico.

Last edited by fitz; 06-23-2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spell
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:42 AM   #9
Marcus

Here's another one that should've never been hired.
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7bc_1498162898
Old 06-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #10
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARVESTER View Post
Always sticking up for the cops....

He might have a gun my ass. I might have a Bazooka, Marcus might have a 14th century sword....

The police officer's job is to serve and protect. That gun they carry is last resort, which may be too late but I'm sorry it's not shoot first and protect my ass. The other thing is when did officer safety become paramount over civilian safety?
Police officers job is to ENFORCE the law.Protect and serve is a bullshit phrase they put on a car.I have friends that are cops or retired cops.I have been pretty clear I despise dirty cops.
If the cop is wrong they should do time.My view is they should not get leniency because of that position.
On the other hand you have dumbasses that wont comply on a traffic stop and escalate things.Reaching into a vehicle or jacket after being told to not to do so is suicide by cop.Being an asshole will just get you tased till you comply or shit your pants.
Ive been on a fire department and dealt with the trash before the PD has showed upIve also went on patrol with some officers I knew.Its the same assholes doing the same crimes after they get early release.
Make it mandatory execution if someone has 6 violent felonies and be done with them.I dont give a shit if they are white,black or any other bullshit excuse they have for acting like an animal.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #11
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
On the other side, when a cop has his gun pointed at you and tells you three times not to move, don't fuc#ing move!!!!
The crux of it was that he never told the man not to move, as I recall. He said, multiple times "Don't reach for it!" He wasn't reaching for "it", he was reaching for his papers.

Scared little men ought not to be cops. It certainly wasn't premeditated or even deliberate murder. But it was a horrible shoot. No one who isn't in law enforcement would ever escape conviction for such horrible judgement. Nor should they. Why should the bar be set lower for officers?

Bad hires.

Bad training.

Bad policies.

Bad outcomes. But not for them.

There is no incentive for positive change. Thus, things will not be getting better anytime soon.

But I do agree with you that being pulled over is dangerous, and it's no time for foolish or careless antics.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #12
mepps1

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/us-...73415315-story

Sexual assault. Total impunity. Charges dismissed. These little piggies are back on patrol.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:00 PM   #13
Marcus

Quote:
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/us-...73415315-story

Sexual assault. Total impunity. Charges dismissed. These little piggies are back on patrol.
"Justice" No, I don't think so. Whatever that woman may have ever have done, which it appears that she never has, justifies being vaginally penetrated on the side of the road. WTF?
Old 08-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #14
Marcus

Poorly trained cop
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cb7_1502405948
Old 08-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #15
Aaron Proffitt+

Hi guys ...
Aaron Proffitt+ is offline   Reply With Quote