Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Tournaments > CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championship

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #46
M_HeaDHuNTeR

Send a message via AIM to M_HeaDHuNTeR
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

As You Can See You Guys Are A Bunch Of Racist That Have Something Agiasnt Cubans So You Have To Make It Seem As If Hes Cheating
M_HeaDHuNTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #47
FishDie
Habitual Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_HeaDHuNTeR View Post
Obviously You Dont Know How These Competitions Work...theres No Way To Cheat In These Competitions And All Of You Are Talking Speculations Because Theres No 100% Proof That He Cheated Its All Hear Say...you Guys Are A Bunch Of Jealous Spearfishermen That Cant And Never Will Fish At His Level And If You Ever Want To Compete Agiasnt This Person Or Spetton Team I Can Easily Set It Up....
We know very well how Spearboard Open works and he (and others) cheated. Period. No speculation, no magic tricks. He was given the opportunity to disspell the accusations of him and his team cheating and they turned it down, i.e., they cheated.

Regardless of his physical abilities and talent, I could never be jealous of a man who cheats against his fellow brother for a trophy and some prizes.

Edit: You are ignorant to think race has anything to do with this issue. He (and other Team Spetton members) cheated and got caught, period. Regardless if they were black, mexican, chinese, or cuban they disgraced themselves and their abilities and now they have to live with it.
FishDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #48
SporaScrub

Re: Change Of Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDie View Post

His success in this competition does nothing to refute the fact that he cheated in the Spearboard Open and got caught red-handed (finally ) In my opinion those actions should have warranted him being removed from the US Team and having his sponsors drop him. Maybe he should go represent Cuba next time instead of the US.

Trust me, if it wasn't for political reasons, there would be a bunch of spearo more than happy to represent Cuba. It would be great to compare the cuban team's standing against the US
SporaScrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:26 PM   #49
jfjf

Quote:
As You Can See You Guys Are A Bunch Of Racist That Have Something Agiasnt Cubans So You Have To Make It Seem As If Hes Cheating
So first it was that we are jealous, then it was simply hearsay, and now it is racism.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #50
FishDie
Habitual Shooter

Re: Change Of Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporaScrub View Post
Trust me, if it wasn't for political reasons, there would be a bunch of spearo more than happy to represent Cuba. It would be great to compare the cuban team's standing against the US
You are correct. The message I was trying to send by saying that was that he should go represent someone else other than the US. Nothing against Cubans or Cuban Americans by any means.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #51
M_HeaDHuNTeR

So Fishdie We Should Have You Represent The Us?????? And Jfjf Its A Combo Of All Three You Guys Keep On Coming Up With Reasons Why He Shouldnt Represent. He Got Where He Is Fair And Square You Guys Have To Accept The Fact That He Is Good And Thats Why He Came Out In 10th In The World Championship. Not By Cheating, Not Because Hes Cuban, Just Because Hes A Damn Good Spearfishermen. And If He Would Of Cheated There Like You Ppl Think He Cheats Everywhere Im Sure They Would Of Realized That. But No He Got There Fair And Square
Old 10-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #52
FishDie
Habitual Shooter

Quote:
So Fishdie We Should Have You Represent The Us?????? And Jfjf Its A Combo Of All Three You Guys Keep On Coming Up With Reasons Why He Shouldnt Represent. He Got Where He Is Fair And Square You Guys Have To Accept The Fact That He Is Good And Thats Why He Came Out In 10th In The World Championship. Not By Cheating, Not Because Hes Cuban, Just Because Hes A Damn Good Spearfishermen. And If He Would Of Cheated There Like You Ppl Think He Cheats Everywhere Im Sure They Would Of Realized That. But No He Got There Fair And Square
There's no doubt that he's a exceptional spearfisherman, I never said he wasn't. He tainted his abilities and respect when he cheated in the Spearboard Open this year. Now, he'll have to carry the burden of proof that he isn't cheating. I'm sure he and the others of Team Spetton have justified their actions in the Spearboard Open but the fact remains that they finally got caught cheating and were rightfully disqualified. Because of those events his level of achievement and future competitions will always (and should be) questioned. How you can not understand that is beyond me.

Edit: And because of those actions he's tainted this very thread and all the great information in it.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #53
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
I'm assuming that you are a Cuban American. If so, I have nothing against Cuban Americans, but I have something against cheaters. It seems to have been proven that he and his team cheated in the SB Open.

Its silly to invite me or anyone else to compete against him or the Spetton team. I don't have the ability. But if a guy who won the Olympic Marathon took a shortcut that cut off a mile from the distance, I would be critical, even though I can't run as fast as he can anyway.

I happen to be of Irish/German descent. If a guy of Irish/German descent is caught cheating, I'm not going to call anyone who is critical of him a racist.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #54
M_HeaDHuNTeR

All Im Saying Is That There Is No 100% Evidence That Him And His Team Cheated...they Did Not Put Him On The Lie Detector Machine Instead They Put Him On A Human Lie Detector...without A 100% Positive You Are Dirting His Name For No Reason...and I Know This For A Fact
Old 10-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #55
greekdiver

Send a message via MSN to greekdiver

Wouldn't it be ridiculous easy to prove that he didn't cheat by showing the gps log for that day? And for sure he used a gps to find his spots...
Old 10-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #56
FishDie
Habitual Shooter

Quote:
All Im Saying Is That There Is No 100% Evidence That Him And His Team Cheated...they Did Not Put Him On The Lie Detector Machine Instead They Put Him On A Human Lie Detector...without A 100% Positive You Are Dirting His Name For No Reason...and I Know This For A Fact
A Human Lie Detector, hmmm, so there are other species on this planet that take lie detector tests? Is there a Big Foot Lie Detector test? How about a Geico Caveman Lie Detector test?

We have plenty of reason to discuss his actions. He and his team were accused of cheating, could not prove otherwise (see above post), and were officially disqualified. Furthermore, they never filed an appeal which only adds to the suspicion of their guilt. Thus his presence on the United States Spearfishing Team is questionable. I know this because it's the truth.

Please stop with your nonsense, it's only dragging Harolf and the others of Team Spetton that were caught cheating through the mud more and embarrassing yourself.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #57
M_HeaDHuNTeR

This Is My Last Blog Because Obviously Im Dealing With An Idiot(FISHDIE) And Ask Tony About His Human Lie Detector Test And To Tell The Truth About What Happend That Day....thank You And Good Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by M_HeaDHuNTeR; 10-27-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #58
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdiver View Post
Wouldn't it be ridiculous easy to prove that he didn't cheat by showing the gps log for that day? And for sure he used a gps to find his spots...
I don't think anyone is saying he cheated at the Worlds. Its a question of whether he should have been allowed to compete for the US after cheating at the SBO. If he had not been permitted to compete at the Worlds, then this thread about the Worlds wouldn't have been sidetracked into an argument about cheaters.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #59
SwampThing
proud RA slinger

I am Cuban American and I don't think any of the comments on here have anything to do with race. When I first read the early posts and saw that Harolf was competing, I was surprised the US would have let him compete. Regardless of whether or not he cheated, he was speculated to have cheated and that is enough to taint his image. Some of his actions were sketchy enough to have brought these accusations foreward, aside from race
Old 10-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #60
greekdiver

Send a message via MSN to greekdiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
I don't think anyone is saying he cheated at the Worlds. Its a question of whether he should have been allowed to compete for the US after cheating at the SBO. If he had not been permitted to compete at the Worlds, then this thread about the Worlds wouldn't have been sidetracked into an argument about cheaters.
I was talking about sbo.