Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
Fishin4Trouble

NC Charters/ Courses

Hey guys! New to NC but not to diving and spearfishing. I am originally from FL and moved up here this time last year. I finally got all my dive gear up here and I am looking to get out on the water again. I have my own boat but was hoping to get a couple chartered trips in to get used to the area somewhat. I am Nitrox Certified as well and have done some 175+ ft dives.

I see that freediving is a pretty big deal here as well as it is in FL. I am rusty now but used to be comfortable in the 65' range. I would like to eventually go through a free diving course if anyone can point me in a good direction.

Any recommendations for charters as well as companies that do a course would be greatly appreciated. Or even a group of guys that I can go with and learn from while diving is cool! Would love to meet some new people and gain some spearfishing friends up here.

Thanks in advance!
Fishin4Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #2
bleu
Official Sponsor

Re: NC Charters/ Courses

Hey man, welcome to NC where are you located? If you are in Wilmington I'm having a diver meet up at my shop tonight. Stop on by. Once I know where you are I'll try to recommend some people. I teach classes here in Wilmington as well as Evolve Freediving and Waterman Survival. They both teach out of the shop here. If you are up north a bit look up Beyond Freediving.
bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:34 PM   #3
Fishin4Trouble

Bleu,
Thanks for the reply. I wish I could make the meet up at the shop but I live in Burlington!

I try to make it to the coast as often as possible. I usually either go to Wilmington or Beaufort. Let me know if your going to have a class soon. I'll see what I can do to make it. Do you guys scuba dive too? I love diving, I am more experienced in spearfishing down around 90-100' and coming up with a stringer rather than one fish at a time... then again, I become shark bait lol.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
bleu
Official Sponsor

Hey,

My classes are full until July at this point unfortunately. However Evolve Freediving( Ren and Ashley Chapman) and Waterman Survival (Joe Sheridan) are running classes in May and June at the shop. Both run great classes.

If you are in Beaufort looking for folks to dive with or take a class check out Beyond Freediving. George that runs it is a good buddy of mine and can either teach or put you in touch with a good group.

I scuba dive but mostly hunting for Megalodon teeth instead of spearfishing. A lot of people scuba spear around here though for sure. If you are looking for a great charter check out WBdiving.com.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #5
Fishin4Trouble

Sam I appreciate it! I will keep in touch and hopefully one day get with you for a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu View Post
Hey,

My classes are full until July at this point unfortunately. However Evolve Freediving( Ren and Ashley Chapman) and Waterman Survival (Joe Sheridan) are running classes in May and June at the shop. Both run great classes.

If you are in Beaufort looking for folks to dive with or take a class check out Beyond Freediving. George that runs it is a good buddy of mine and can either teach or put you in touch with a good group.

I scuba dive but mostly hunting for Megalodon teeth instead of spearfishing. A lot of people scuba spear around here though for sure. If you are looking for a great charter check out WBdiving.com.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #6
Biggamehunter4

I am also looking for any good free dive charters in the Wilmington/ Southport area. Any recommendations?
Biggamehunter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:45 PM   #7
bleu
Official Sponsor

Check out Wrightsville Beach Diving. They do a great job.