Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #91
Mutt

Re: Commercial Spearfishing Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinneej View Post
Yeah, it's really fair that a person who owns IFQ somehow ended up owning a "public" resource and can lease them out to people while they sit on their fat asses making hundreds of thousands of dollars (in some cases) sipping lattes in front of their TV... People should not be able to lease them out and if they cannot fill them, then they should be recirculated through a lottery or some other means.

Meanwhile, it's illegal for me to sell my recreational caught bag limit??? What?!?!

Look, I have no problem with commercial fishermen wanting to make a buck if the fishery can be managed properly, but let's get one thing straight. There is NOTHING fair about letting a select few people be the gatekeepers of a public resource at a profit and then the government dictating that I cannot sell my recreationally caught limit. That is basically exactly how CARTELS work...
agreed,

this will probably- hopefully, be adjusted over time...
Old 01-05-2014, 11:00 AM   #92
Mutt

SPEARFISHING-I Have 500 lbs of Gag IfQ Shares for sale AS WELL AS this last commercial GOM spearfishing/fishing/ hook-and-line/ hand grabbing...whatever you want to call it- gom commercial fishing permit that I am selling, but per Kenny's comments..this is a spearfishing forum, so I will call it a spearfishing permit....again, i also have 500 LBS GAG FOR SALE FOR THOSE GAG ENTHUSIASTS..YOU WOULD OWN THE GAG % FOR LIFE- in 2014, this IFQ amounts to 500 lbs of GAG allocation! 727-483-8424..for all details.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #93
Mutt

My original intent of this whole thread was to try and engage more young smart guys in this commercial fishery process...

on a much different vein, for those insiders here, that understand.. that ORIGINAL "B-ton" permit that was being disputed elsewhere, was never mine to sell. I forgot that It was never mine to begin with. Sorry to those insiders following that nonsensical saga.

Also, you moderators can delete this entire thread anytime..as far as I am concerned, but.thanks for the forum! been cool reading!

Last edited by Mutt; 01-05-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #94
Summerland Key

Mutt:

I would not delete this thread. You had some very good points that made many, including myself, stop and think about ITQ's. I think the other side had equally good points also.
Those reading the thread can make up their own minds about all of this. If it works for them, go for it, if not--don't.
It was an informative thread, and it ended on a good note--what more can you ask for.
Don
Summerland Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #95
shinyhalo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinneej View Post
Yeah, it's really fair that a person who owns IFQ somehow ended up owning a "public" resource and can lease them out to people while they sit on their fat asses making hundreds of thousands of dollars (in some cases) sipping lattes in front of their TV... People should not be able to lease them out and if they cannot fill them, then they should be recirculated through a lottery or some other means.

Meanwhile, it's illegal for me to sell my recreational caught bag limit??? What?!?!

Look, I have no problem with commercial fishermen wanting to make a buck if the fishery can be managed properly, but let's get one thing straight. There is NOTHING fair about letting a select few people be the gatekeepers of a public resource at a profit and then the government dictating that I cannot sell my recreationally caught limit. That is basically exactly how CARTELS work...
Well said. Not to mention that we, US citizens, did not get to vote on how OUR national seawaters are managed. Illustrating once again the problem with this so called "representative" political system that never represents the majority.
shinyhalo69 is offline   Reply With Quote