Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

View Poll Results: What Railgun Is The Best
Rabitech 14 3.47%
Rob Allen 136 33.75%
AimRite 52 12.90%
Evolution 4 0.99%
Mako 61 15.14%
Pelag 10 2.48%
Undersee Australia 0 0%
F*** Railguns I Use A Euro Gun 42 10.42%
Guns Are For P****s I Gotta Polespear/Sling 20 4.96%
Other 64 15.88%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #46
dustyyoungblood

Re: Railgun, who makes the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMako View Post
Orca Thula as far as railguns go. Hate the color(green) but the gun is solid and the barrel is sleeved.
The ORCA line is getting some big upgrades right now. Expect to see some new models in the coming months
dustyyoungblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #47
HHEAD

Hey Internet Divers, I (we) are proud to say MADE IN USA. It’s not something everyone can say and if we need to stand on someone’s shoulder and say USA raw materials (Stainless Steel and Rubber) are the best to get our point across we will.

Go to Australia, Go to China, Go to Europe. It’s the attitude in the USA that makes a difference and we aren’t afraid to show it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MADE in USA!!!.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	189830  
HHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #48
FHS

Made in USA? Your Gun is just the same as the Spanish Spetton Rebel Eliptic Open.
Probably both you and Spetton order every components from the same factory(Turkey or China??). You assemble muzzle, barrel and handle, put your logo, your red bands and your shafts. Almost the same way as every one could by buying gun components...

To claim being made in USA you or someone needed to be injecting plastic molds, extruding aluminium in USA and not buying finished components from anyone else that you didn't design.

You should say Made in (werever) and Assembled in USA.
FHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #49
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Why all the HH hate? Everybody gets their parts from China. Guys give it a break this thread is really useless.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #50
LuisPR

this one looks similar...

http://www.planetasub.com.br/sistema...wahoo-calamaro

ARBALETE WAHOO CALAMARO

LuisPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #51
jstiver09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
Why all the HH hate? Everybody gets their parts from China. Guys give it a break this thread is really useless.
Yep, the thread is getting off topic. Maybe the OP should add Hammerhead spearguns to the original poll and see what the numbers say...

Anyone own an Aimrite 110 KV? I picked one up off of Ken Jones this week. It is powered by 2 bands....curious to how it will shoot. Maybe it'll make its debut next week.

Last edited by jstiver09; 05-16-2013 at 03:29 PM.
jstiver09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #52
"Yard-Sale Josh"
Kyle Porker

Wonder how long the 24 people who voted for mako have been diving...
"Yard-Sale Josh" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #53
JJohansen

Although I am only an Internet diver, I have used nothing but RA aluminum 140's for at least 10 years. I use a 7.5mm shaft powered by two 5/8" bands. When I travel, I rig one gun with a RA large reel filled with dyneema (more expensive than the gun) and the other is rigged with a breakaway.

The reason I stick with RA is because I have gotten so used to them, I know what to expect. I have gotten nothing but great service from Florida Freedivers. Because the RA is a pretty cheap gun, I look at is as a more or less disposable part of my gear. If I have a band tangle at 100', I am more likely to let the gun go. Also, if I make a good friend in a village somewhere, I am happy to leave a gun with him.

A lot of guys get stuck in the quest for the "perfect" gun, and spend thousands on high end guns. That's all fine and good, but don't think for a second that an expensive gun will make that much of a difference as far as landing quality fish. There are guys out there on remote islands who dive with broomstick guns -literally made from a broom stick- and out dive me every time.

As for HH guns. Truth be told, I assume that the new HH guns are of a higher quality than RA. Contrary to how it may seem, Kevin is not a compleat idiot, and I'm sure he found a way to source the right parts and cobble together a good gun. Unfortunately for Kevin, having a decent product now does not undo years of producing unusable junk. It also does not erase years of forum history that documents his arrogant attitude and general asshole-ness.
Kevin- you claim to have the best rail gun on the market. Why don't you start representing it (and yourself) in line with Wong, Ulusub, and Phill, and less like a jacked up used car salesman.
JJohansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:38 AM   #54
schwaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohansen View Post
Although I am only an Internet diver, I have used nothing but RA aluminum 140's for at least 10 years. I use a 7.5mm shaft powered by two 5/8" bands. When I travel, I rig one gun with a RA large reel filled with dyneema (more expensive than the gun) and the other is rigged with a breakaway.

The reason I stick with RA is because I have gotten so used to them, I know what to expect. I have gotten nothing but great service from Florida Freedivers. Because the RA is a pretty cheap gun, I look at is as a more or less disposable part of my gear. If I have a band tangle at 100', I am more likely to let the gun go. Also, if I make a good friend in a village somewhere, I am happy to leave a gun with him.

A lot of guys get stuck in the quest for the "perfect" gun, and spend thousands on high end guns. That's all fine and good, but don't think for a second that an expensive gun will make that much of a difference as far as landing quality fish. There are guys out there on remote islands who dive with broomstick guns -literally made from a broom stick- and out dive me every time.

As for HH guns. Truth be told, I assume that the new HH guns are of a higher quality than RA. Contrary to how it may seem, Kevin is not a compleat idiot, and I'm sure he found a way to source the right parts and cobble together a good gun. Unfortunately for Kevin, having a decent product now does not undo years of producing unusable junk. It also does not erase years of forum history that documents his arrogant attitude and general asshole-ness.
Kevin- you claim to have the best rail gun on the market. Why don't you start representing it (and yourself) in line with Wong, Ulusub, and Phill, and less like a jacked up used car salesman.

You got everything right sir!
schwaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #55
freedivingfool
JOIN OUR DIVE CLUB!

HH GUNS SUCKS AND KEVIN SUCKADA contradicts himself. He says his guns are made in America but below I pulled directly from his website it clearly states: Assembled in America.

What a moron who runs a crappy company, all his divers on his site has since moved on to other companies.

» Open Muzzle
» Pistol grip
» Stainless Side line release
» Reverse Trigger Mechanism
» Power X-change bands with nylon coated Dyneema™ wishbones and bridles
» Mono shooting line, loading pad, bungee, & safety grip all standard features
» Precision-machined 17-4 Heat-Treat Stainless Steel Shafts
» Integrated aluminum track rail
» Reel mount
» Assembled in the USA
» 2 year limited warranty under normal usage
Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #56
Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyyoungblood View Post
The ORCA line is getting some big upgrades right now. Expect to see some new models in the coming months
I would love to see that.

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #57
naich
jetty jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohansen View Post

that was beautiful.
naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #58
Ethan kills
OG Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABEER View Post
Riffe Euro 100cm, 110cm, 120cm, and 130cm is my quiver and wouldn't hunt with anything less I don't know but I would say their rail guns and the best ones made ever
Ummmm What?

Riffe doesn't make railguns
Ethan kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #59
kwtony
Snorkel Master

someone forgot to add Persistent to this list
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #60
DABEER
Team Leagues Deep

Send a message via AIM to DABEER

Ethan if you look up the definition of a railgun it is a gun that supports the spear the entire length of the gun through the muzzle technically it is a railgun