Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Freshwater Shooting

Freshwater Shooting Live inland, away from the ocean? Tell us about freshwater hunting here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 06-22-2015, 11:02 PM   #466
FWFishSlayer

Re: Utah Visibility Overview (please contribute!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDreamOfVis View Post
Fish lake vis 10 to a hazy 30. Best vis I've ever seen there. Muskie are gone from Joe's bush, but I did find where there are a few more. Holy Lake trout heaven right now, saw somewhere around fifty in the 2-5 lbs range. Didn't really want any trout, but couldn't help taking a hail Mary shot on a 15+ pounder, missed of course temp varied quite a bit. 3 thermoclines down to 50 feet. Temp from 52-60 degrees depth depending
I was there the 13th and we saw 2 muskie at joes bush, both about 30inches. other than the tons of small rainbows we only saw one laker, 3lb range. I have never seen anything even close to 15lbs. How deep were you diving to see so many lake trout?
FWFishSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:56 AM   #467
IDreamOfVis

Lake trout weren't at Joe's bush, but they were in as little as 25 feet, but the deeper the better. You'll see a lot in the 2-3 lbs range to 30 feet. But imo you need to be at least 40-50 feet for a chance at something bigger. Also, go early in the morning.
IDreamOfVis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:37 PM   #468
relaxed_fishing

went to bear lake. vis is about 13 to 17 feet. The carp were speradically found at various depths. cool lake to jump in and enjoy clarity but obviously limited to only carp blast n.
relaxed_fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #469
Colo Hammerhead

First Post here, longtime lurker. Figured I should report on this past weekends conditions at lake Powell:
Water was warm, no issues in 2mm wetsuit, serious thermocline at 20-22'. Viz was 15+ 3 miles down River from bullfrog, could be less than 5' in spots up River. Great time out shooting carp and panfish, 3 walleyes. Introduced 3 others to the magic of spearfishing. Pole spears only, great fun.
Colo Hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:34 PM   #470
FWFishSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo Hammerhead View Post
First Post here, longtime lurker. Figured I should report on this past weekends conditions at lake Powell:
Water was warm, no issues in 2mm wetsuit, serious thermocline at 20-22'. Viz was 15+ 3 miles down River from bullfrog, could be less than 5' in spots up River. Great time out shooting carp and panfish, 3 walleyes. Introduced 3 others to the magic of spearfishing. Pole spears only, great fun.
See any stripers?
Sounds like a good time.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:07 PM   #471
Colo Hammerhead

We saw a handful just cruising the shallows, got in front of a boil and tried swimming in with direction from boat tender. Tried Moqui wall last hour of light, only saw a couple strikers but connected on a bunch of carp and a few giant gizzard shad there. Pretty murky water past 12' on Moqui.
Colo Hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:58 PM   #472
Shroomy

Was thinking of Hitting deer creek this afternoon/evening, any word on conditions or fish. Thanks
Shroomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:10 PM   #473
cadams

Gorge is awesome. Vis was 20+, water 70-73. Lots of bass with some pigs (3+ pounds) here and there in the rocky coves, didn't dive more than 40 feet for any.
cadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #474
FWFishSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomy View Post
Was thinking of Hitting deer creek this afternoon/evening, any word on conditions or fish. Thanks
last I heard viz was still good up to 15 feet, and water getting warm, but still not a lot of fish being seen. That was saturday.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #475
DeadI

Hitting Fishlake tomarrow. Going to try and break in the new Rob Allen 90. Let you know how the vis is maybe tomorrow night.
DeadI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:18 PM   #476
BlackGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomy View Post
Went last weekend, tons of nice bass which will be shootable this weekend, and lots of carp. One 5ish pound walleye that i shot but he ripped off. Woulda been my first walleye and I was definitely not happy. Looking for a second chance this weekend hopefully
BlackGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:17 PM   #477
freepunk

Hit east canyon today. Vis was 3-5' by the dam. Got up later than I would have liked so I am sure the boat traffic had a lot to do with the poor vis. Saw some smallies that were tiny but that's it.

Last edited by freepunk; 06-29-2015 at 04:28 PM.
freepunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #478
DeadI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadI View Post
Hitting Fishlake tomarrow. Going to try and break in the new Rob Allen 90. Let you know how the vis is maybe tomorrow night.
Visibility was around 20 feet. Saw alot of suckers, and perch, a few nice bows, and about 4 Tiger Muskies all under 36"
DeadI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:24 PM   #479
drbabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadI View Post
Visibility was around 20 feet. Saw alot of suckers, and perch, a few nice bows, and about 4 Tiger Muskies all under 36"
what size tigers can you take in fish lake?
o
<*)))))))=<
drbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:36 PM   #480
BlackGhost

All muskies must be 40". Sucks trying to tell underwater but I measure my gun for a reference before I shoot. Others can give their methods to tell.
BlackGhost is offline   Reply With Quote