Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > Repairs to Engines and Boats

Repairs to Engines and Boats BOAT means "Break Out Another Thousand" to many of us. Discuss your engine and hull repairs here.

Old 04-15-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
No Misses

Yamaha Help - Lost groung connection

I will admit. I did not search previous threads. I am at the marina and I need a little help.

200 HP
2000 yr
SX200TXRY

It started with my port outboard not running the fuel pump. I saw that voltage was there but no ground. I replaced fuel pump resistor. That did not fix it. I see that there apears to be not ground connection. Looking at console gauges - I see that the Port engine Batt Voltage and Tach are not working. I am trying to locate the ground point adn/or common failures ie connnectors that make be loose.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-15-2016, 02:16 PM   #2
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Yamaha Help - Lost groung connection

Uhm...check ground connection to the motor? Ohm the block to the negative battery terminal. Should be practically zero.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote