Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > Repairs to Engines and Boats

Repairs to Engines and Boats BOAT means "Break Out Another Thousand" to many of us. Discuss your engine and hull repairs here.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:00 AM   #1
searaydiver
Capt. Bob Roemer

Blown Motor

Help! Just blew up my 200 merc yesterday. Its had three rebuilds so its outa there. So now I'm looking for another motor. I need a 200 merc, maybe an Optimax. The weight needs to be not more than 450 lbs. or so. The wallet will only let get into a used motor. Any help out there!!

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #2
jetro

Re: Blown Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by searaydiver View Post
Help! Just blew up my 200 merc yesterday. Its had three rebuilds so its outa there. So now I'm looking for another motor. I need a 200 merc, maybe an Optimax. The weight needs to be not more than 450 lbs. or so. The wallet will only let get into a used motor. Any help out there!!

Thanks!
thehulltruth.com
jetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:46 AM   #3
searaydiver
Capt. Bob Roemer

Thanks for the tip. I checked them out but nothing posted right now. Will keep looking. Haven't found a merc anywhere.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
Mighty KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by searaydiver View Post

Thanks!
So,

I just re powered. I changed out my 150 HP 2 stroke saltwater Merc for a 150 HP 4 stroke.

Nothing wrong with the motor that I took off of my boat. I am the only owner, and it is a 2003. Never been rebuilt. other than a faded cowling, it looks (and runs) like it did when it was new. It and the controls are at the dealer that took it off of my boat.

Not a 200, but a good motor. Thought about putting it on another hull for my son, but dont know when i will have time.
Mighty KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #5
OBLIGATED

Craigslist Search tempest.It will let you go city to city searching.My son uses it to find boats to flip.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:41 PM   #6
Dugans_bw

Scream and Fly.com has allot of clean mercs so you won't have to change rigging but many will be race motors..
Old 05-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #7
searaydiver
Capt. Bob Roemer

Thanks a bunch for all the replies. I've settled on a 2012 Optimax 200 DFI for my repower. The price is way below the book and low hours. My BoatUS captain that hauled me back in repowers every three years and has offered his motor. He sent me the computer read out and it looks great, low rpms and hours, cosmetically great. My mechanic is doing the swap for my blown mill and the only out of pocket is for the new digital guage and harness. I'm landlocked until mid to late month when the deal goes through. That's the scoop and again, thanks for all of your help.