Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > Repairs to Engines and Boats

Repairs to Engines and Boats BOAT means "Break Out Another Thousand" to many of us. Discuss your engine and hull repairs here.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:53 PM   #16
Shootinfish

Re: Yamaha bogging down under load but idles and runs at speed no problem?????

No offense taken! There is an air release valve near my gas cap and it is open. Bulb is almost new. I'm wondering if if the fuel pickup tube in the tank might be cracked and sucking air maybe?
Old 04-24-2016, 11:35 PM   #17
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Yes, it surely sounds like an air leak. That bulb should be tight all the time. A quick troubleshooting method would be to connect another external known good fuel tank/hose to your engine.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:21 AM   #18
Shootinfish

Ill start on that today after work. I ordered another fuel pump in case the diaphragm in it is bad as well. So I'll put it on and run a new hose from the tank to the motor and see if that does the trick
Old 05-03-2016, 06:55 AM   #19
fishblood

Hey I had the same problem with my Yamahas it was the screen on the vapor separator they get crap in them.
fishblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:00 PM   #20
cheetah chrome

I'm pretty sure he has a base carb'ed motor...no VST. Did you ever get it fixed?
cheetah chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:18 PM   #21
Shootinfish

Hey guys. I was waiting to make sure the problem was fixed for sure before posting an update but since the question was asked ill post now.

I put new fuel lines, pick up line in the tank, fuel pump, spark plugs, and filter. My switch was acting up as well so I put a new switch on as well. I have taken and tested it out twice for short periods and it seems to be fixed now. So one of the above changes was the ticket. Again, I haven't had a chance to really put it to the test yet. I plan on doing that over memorial weekend so I will report on it then again after a good running. The only problem I have found since everything was changed was that it is now a bitch to crank. Never had a problem even cold starting until I put the new ignition switch in. It don't matter if I let it warm up or cold start. It ain't starting without choking and alot of turning over now and it only started doing that since I put a new ignition on trying to get that figured out now
Old 05-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #22
Marcus

Hmmm...again, I'd hook up a known good external fuel tank to see if it changes. Then you would at least know that it's somewhere in the engine.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 05-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #23
Shootinfish

I have oneI, can try that. It has never had a problem cranking though. Even when it was bogging down it always fired right up. It fired up no problem before I unhooked the old switch. As soon as I hooked up the new one and tried it for the first time.....bitch to start. Why can't boats just work like there supposed to all the time?!?!?!
Old 05-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #24
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootinfish View Post
I have oneI, can try that. It has never had a problem cranking though. Even when it was bogging down it always fired right up. It fired up no problem before I unhooked the old switch. As soon as I hooked up the new one and tried it for the first time.....bitch to start. Why can't boats just work like there supposed to all the time?!?!?!

Yea...we'll, this is a part of troubleshooting. At least you won't be replacing stuff you don't need to be. Shit happens. It may have nothing to do w/ the new switch.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:04 PM   #25
Shootinfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Yea...we'll, this is a part of troubleshooting. At least you won't be replacing stuff you don't need to be. Shit happens. It may have nothing to do w/ the new switch.
Touche...i will have a little time tomorrow. Ill hook it up and give an update. Thank you for the suggestion
Old 06-18-2016, 09:37 AM   #26
divelife

Sometimes there is a check ball in the fitting on the outlet of the inboard fuel tank, just unscrew it and you can knock out the ball. Even if that has nothing to do with it I always take them out. Lm
divelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:20 PM   #27
Stingrayjoe

Send a message via Skype™ to Stingrayjoe

Mystery Filters - the injectors have mini filters on each

Wahooa Travel
Miami Premiere Jet Ski Rentals
Stingrayjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #28
OBLIGATED

Had the same issue yesterday.Top carb float was stuck.Runs great now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	procraft1.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	232646   Click image for larger version

Name:	procraft2.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	232647  
Old 12-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #29
Pfish

Gents! I had this same issue. Replaced fuel lines, Low and high pressure fuel pumps--twice! Cleaned the injectors. Here is what the problem was: Since there is so much ethanol in today's fuel, it will eat through metal. I pulled my old Racor fuel filter out and much to my dismay, the housing of the filter was literally falling apart. I strongly suggest moving to a plastic water/fuel separator. Something about like this: http://ph.parker.com/us/en/snapp-dis...eparator-racor You can change these out in about 2 minutes without all the fuss. Once you buy the kit, you can buy each filter for about $30. I change every two tanks. Good luck!
Old 12-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #30
agbiv
Spear, cook, and eat fish

Try changing your power-packs. Mine was doing similar antics. One power-pack would drop out at certain rpms and then kick back in when up to speed.