Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   California Spearfishing (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Possible government shut down October 1st. Does it affect us?! (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=166535)

Dalon 09-22-2013 12:05 PM

Possible government shut down October 1st. Does it affect us?!

I pay attention to current politics and it seems like this year we could have a government shut down October 1st. Does this affect the DFG and if so, how? For example, if the shut down does happen, what does that do for the MPLA enforcement or does that fall under state?

unkabonka 09-22-2013 12:17 PM

Re: Possible government shut down October 1st. Does it affect us?!

Dude.... You've spent too long on the river...

Lompoc Local 09-22-2013 12:50 PM

Government shut down is Federal.

Fish & Wildlife is a California agency.

Don't see your train of thought...

Dalon 09-22-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lompoc Local (Post 1880430)
Government shut down is Federal.

Fish & Wildlife is a California agency.

Don't see your train of thought...

This was my question. I wasn't sure if it was controlled by the federal government or the state of California

Dalon 09-22-2013 01:56 PM

After a little research from being bored at work, it appears national parks close during a government shutdown. I know the channel islands are considered a national park and therefore wonder if they will be "closed" off to fishing

WESTBURY 09-22-2013 02:02 PM

no

Lompoc Local 09-22-2013 03:55 PM

OMG, drop the conspiracy theories. Ain't gonna happen. If anything, and I stress the "if" majorly, enforcement would be more lax, not stricter shut downs. Think about it....

How much would it cost, and how much time would it take to shut down more areas? Not to mention the public would go ape shit. Ain't gonna happen, no way.

Fis_Hunter 09-22-2013 04:27 PM

Yes when the federal government shuts down all federal waters are closed to fishing they just suck the water up and move it to the large tanks they have in desert.

The same thing happens every weekend and holiday when the federal government shuts down all but essential services.

The tricky part is the president decides what are essential services. You and I might think federal parks are essential but he may think foreign aide and congress and golf vacations are essential.

Lino 09-22-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fis_Hunter (Post 1880475)
Yes when the federal government shuts down all federal waters are closed to fishing they just suck the water up and move it to the large tanks they have in desert.

The same thing happens every weekend and holiday when the federal government shuts down all but essential services.

The tricky part is the president decides what are essential services. You and I might think federal parks are essential but he may think foreign aide and congress and golf vacations are essential.

Learn something new everyday. :)