Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Miami and The Florida Keys (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mini-Season, grouper surprise (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=89130)

swimslikefish 07-30-2009 03:42 PM

Mini-Season, grouper surprise

1 Attachment(s)
While thousands of boats were heading southbound past my place in Key Largo, I was headed up to Miami to get my "12 per person per day" for mini season.
Went out on Wednesday with my old man and found plenty of lobster. Enough so that I got a hold of some budies that were out scuba diving already and donated my freediving assistance to help them get their limits. After our livewells and coolers were full, I decided to check a fishing spot and found some new inhabitants. It was covered up with black groupers and mangroves. I estimate about 12-15 blacks were living in this one spot, 3 or 4 of the remaining blacks are just over legal size. Also a 30# Jewfish has made this his new home. Shot one of the blacks (26"), and a couple mangroves. Gonna wait until those other blacks get a little bigger. Got stopped 2 times while out there. They went through everything, even checking to see if my fire extinguisher was full.
"My" catch for the day 1:
1 Black
2 Mangroves
12 Lobster

Attachment 108244

Went out again today with the old man for round two and found that they are still out there. Got a bunch early on, and chased down my buddies to see how they were doing. They needed help, so we went to a new spot and I helped them fill up their coolers. Headed in before lunch time and the thunderstorms.
"My" catch for day 2:
12 lobster

pirate_diver 07-30-2009 07:30 PM

Re: Mini-Season, grouper surprise

I expect no less from you during mini season. Let's hope that next weekend we can limit out as well! I am thinking, Sat, Sun, and maybe ealry Monday before I leave ;-). I'll give ya a call.

Nice work!

woodshooter 07-30-2009 09:58 PM

good job

LOMartin 07-30-2009 10:13 PM

As expected. . .

.No lobster ever gets away from you.

I'm in town and free most days for the next couple of weeks, let
me know when you need a dive buddy.

Larry O M. . .

swimslikefish 07-31-2009 06:18 AM

Mike and Larry,
I am taking the first 2 weeks of regular season off. Keep in touch and I will take you out.

LunkerBuster 07-31-2009 09:57 AM

i would love to tag along with you guys anytime you have an extra spot on the weekends. I would like to be able to learn from some good freedive lobstermen as I have been known to take 4 dives to get a single bug. d'oh!

be glad to pay my expenses and share what little i do catch....

Juan Carballo 07-31-2012 12:02 PM

Hi guys, my name is Juan Carballo im a local spearo from Miami. I have been spear fishing for 15 years, spear fished commercially for about 5 and also competed. I dive up to 80ft and enjoy blue water too. Safety is always a must!!

Im down for fishing pretty much any time, my schedule is flexible. I dont have a boat but im willing to drive North (Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale) or as far South as the Keys, and am familiar with miami waters. The majority of my hardcore dive buddies are usually caught up with work, or family on the weekends, so its gotten hard to go out consistently

Im not attached to my computer nor do i have access to spear board on my phone but you can contact me at (305) 898-3484.

Ballenita 07-31-2012 01:53 PM

Hey Lunk, I am taking the following week off and will be in orlando until thursday. Friday-Monday i will be hitting the water bud. Call me if you want in bro. I also have something I wanna give you so i guess I can give it to you then.

Ballenita

LunkerBuster 07-31-2012 02:28 PM

hell yeah i want to tag a long...that sounds like a plan...you noticed the post above is three years old right?

I'm not THAT bad at bugging anymore :)

now it only takes two dives per bug hahaha

i wanna come to the crib for some football games this season..i was pissed to miss out last year.

I'll call you around the 10th brother

Ballenita 07-31-2012 09:12 PM

Don't slack dude. And hell yeah, football parties are around the corner bud.....under the massive tiki hut! LOL

Hey one more thing, how many guns you packing now? I got something for you.

LunkerBuster 07-31-2012 09:54 PM

Oh shit!! That is what's up. I am pumped to find out what's in the bag

Ballenita 08-01-2012 02:54 PM

Send me a PM and let me know the guns you have now.