Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Northern Atlantic: New England States (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Rockport Lobster Dive? (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=147164)

LabMan 07-03-2012 09:39 PM

Rockport Lobster Dive?

Any reason I should not go freedive for lobster tomorrow in Rockport?

(Still new to diving for the ones with claws)

Brian Ishida

JavBoston 07-03-2012 10:35 PM

Re: Rockport Lobster Dive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabMan (Post 1676454)
Any reason I should not go freedive for lobster tomorrow in Rockport?

(Still new to diving for the ones with claws)

Brian Ishida

If you are strictly looking for Lobsters I would SCUBA and hope you spear something. If you plan on spearing then free dive and look for critters.

longcj 07-04-2012 05:15 AM

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2012...?p1=News_links

I hope the above link works, but if not just google north shore and invasive seeweed. I dove a few of the spots really effected by the weed this year and there's a noticeable lack of life, esp. bugs. Kinda frightening. Wherever you choose I'd have a plan B in mind in case you show and the shore is covered in red, 'cuz it probably won't be worth it. Pm if you want more info. and enjoy the day.

kjm1022 07-04-2012 07:03 AM

Im in for tomorrow, lets do it.

Justinfv41 07-04-2012 09:00 AM

I was actually wondering about spearfishing/lobster spots in rockport that you could do without a tank. I'm not from around there though so the permit parking thing is kind of a pain in the butt

JavBoston 07-04-2012 11:04 AM

I'll be going out tomorrow afternoon to a spot that is guarantee to have lobsters (I got plenty there in the past) anyone is welcomed to join me, freediving obviously

Steveed 07-04-2012 11:21 AM

Can I dive with you guys? 978 885 6330, Steve. I have free dived a few spots out there. There is a spot that I'd like to re-visit - you could drop a kayak and gear at the launch area, park for $3, then walk back to the launch area. Or, you can shore dive the spot, paying $3 to park and walking the gear a ways down a trail.

kjm1022 07-04-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavBoston (Post 1676662)
I'll be going out tomorrow afternoon to a spot that is guarantee top have lobsters (I got plenty there in the past) anyone is welcomed to join me, freediving obviously

Hey man, me and my wife will be out in rockport tomorrow for a few bugs and flounder. Lets hook up. Let me know the time and place. Kevin

JavBoston 07-04-2012 09:09 PM

I am planning on hitting a spot in Rockport around 3 or 4, depending on visitors. PM me if you are interested.

kjm1022 07-04-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavBoston (Post 1676858)
I am planning on hitting a spot in Rockport around 3 or 4, depending on visitors. PM me if you are interested.

Ok then, next time. I plan on getting out earlier in the day. Good luck!

Steveed 07-04-2012 09:48 PM

I may go out earlier, KJM, and stay until Jav comes around. I have one idea for a spot, but let me know if you have something in mind. [I'm not sure if my PM is working because the message doesn't show up in the sent folder - if not, see my phone number above]

LabMan 07-05-2012 10:09 PM

I did yesterday. Water was nice but all I found were shorts. Looking to dive a different Glouster spot this weekend.

Steveed 07-05-2012 10:20 PM

Yeah, I found lots of shorts today, but one was barely legal, so he's in the refrigerator with a couple skates. I think most legal sized lobsters get taken pretty quick.