Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Southern Atlantic Seaboard (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Spearfishing Tournament this weekend....Wilmington NC (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=64184)

Mattedhead 06-03-2008 12:33 PM

Spearfishing Tournament this weekend....Wilmington NC

The 9th annual Aquatic Safaris tournament is this weekend June 6-8...

It is open to card carrying yellow back bubble-blowers and speedo wearing eurotrash wanna be freedivers as well...come one come all!!!:D

This is a fun low-key, local tournament that many of us have been doing since it's inception. I believe there are a number of SB members who will be there including: Spearchuckerz and his full boat of Obama supporters:D, Guttshot, Surfspearo, SeaRen and his better half, etc... I'm not sure if Capt Keith, Eward4, Wahoo!, Capt. Krunk, Pat or any of the other usual suspects will be there, but it should be a great time!!!

See this site for more details:
http://www.aquaticsafaris.com/SPTOURN1.html

And no I am not affiliated with this event in any way, just enjoy the event that these guys put on every year and it is a chance to get to see many of my VB boys, etc since I can't make it to the OMER Hatteras event.

You can register at Aquatic Safaris on Wrightsville Ave or at the Capt's meeting Thursday. Even if you aren't competing swing by and have a beer and talk politics with KW.:rolleyes:

Spearchuckerz 06-03-2008 01:30 PM

Re: Spearfishing Tournament this weekend....Wilmington NC

Head,

Rember the short fat tank is for propane, dont breath that one- it may make you sick. Like Mr. Patron.

Mattedhead 06-03-2008 01:56 PM

I wasn't planning on having to dive...I have been collecting large specimens of each category and storing them in my freezer. This weekend we will head to the drop and deep jig for snowy grouper, when we get them near the boat I will jump in and shoot them and claim a new freediving WR. I have been studying South FL tournament ethics and this is all kosher. Please stop giving me $#!T or I will not vote for your beloved Obama.:D

WMELWAY7 06-03-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattedhead (Post 720788)
I wasn't planning on having to dive...I have been collecting large specimens of each category and storing them in my freezer. This weekend we will head to the drop and deep jig for snowy grouper, when we get them near the boat I will jump in and shoot them and claim a new freediving WR. I have been studying South FL tournament ethics and this is all kosher. Please stop giving me $#!T or I will not vote for your beloved Obama.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FloridaFishDive 06-03-2008 02:27 PM

if anyone has room on there boat for another diver, let me know. have not had the time or $ to put a hitch on my truck yet to pull my boat. so i am just a tag along gas bitch for now.

Spearchuckerz 06-03-2008 02:32 PM

Head, you bringing out the cannon?

bk393 06-03-2008 03:01 PM

Ryan, if you don't go to Wilmington, we may be heading out at Hatteras again - give me a shout!

Mattedhead 06-03-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spearchuckerz (Post 720812)
Head, you bringing out the cannon?

It's not done yet...too busy working on everyone else's guns. I wish it was done though, we might be chunkin' for cubera.

kjflyfish 06-03-2008 03:13 PM

I wish I could make this one - I'd love to dive the jetty and get the biggest sheepshead again...:D

jeffsteelman27 06-03-2008 06:24 PM

Mary ann I should be at the weigh in. thanks again for all the help matt

pockets 06-04-2008 08:58 AM

kelly,i have received all of the fish you ordered .when would you like me to put them on the boat.

Spearchuckerz 06-04-2008 09:17 AM

Head has room in his sea stable.

eward4 06-04-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattedhead (Post 720726)
I'm not sure if Capt Keith, Eward4, Wahoo!, Capt. Krunk, Pat or any of the other usual suspects will be there,

I'm going to try my best to get out there. Work is kinda messing up my fun time right now!

guttshot 06-04-2008 10:26 AM

Kelly- you and DJ gonna weigh in the Grommets?
I heard there was going to be an "Oops, now I'm a Daddy" category.

Mattedhead 06-04-2008 11:30 AM

:rofl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by guttshot (Post 721537)
Kelly- you and DJ gonna weigh in the Grommets?
I heard there was going to be an "Oops, now I'm a Daddy" category.

Now that's good stuff!!! DJ has been getting schooled by tropical fish in Tavarua the past couple of weeks...so he might be relegated to diaper duty when he returns...that or divorce. Ry...there's always room for you on Dirty Bird, I doubt it will be a family friendly environment though so DJ and K-Dub might not be able to hang. He he he.