Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   All About Diving and Fishing Boats (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Very unhappy with Lowrance!!!!!!!! (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=142470)

Samson 03-27-2012 02:05 PM

Very unhappy with Lowrance!!!!!!!!

I just dropped over 5 K in electronics on a complete package including a Lowrance HDS-8 Gen 2, a HDS-5 Gen 2, 4G radar and the LSS-1 side scan sonar bundle.

Got it all hooked up last weekend and it seems after talking to the Lowrance customer service tech, that the brand new LSS-1 is faulty.

So I try to take it back to where I bought it from, and am told that Lowrance has discontinued the LSS-1 and they have no more to replace it with. Im told I must deal with Lowrance and Navico directly. So I call Lowrance and they confirm that I must send it in. Get this.....

They will not pay for the shipping to send it back, and they tell me that it will be 20-30 days before I can expect it back!!!!!!!

This is pathetic customer service from what I thought was a very reputable company. I would have expected them to say..."overnight that to us and we will get you a new one out as soon as we recieve it!" But a MONTH????!!!!!!!

Very bad Lowrance!!!!! I am unimpressed!!!!!

Keysdivers 03-27-2012 05:21 PM

Re: Very unhappy with Lowrance!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you got sh.tty service from Lowrance and Navico! I wouldn't deal with either in the future and based on Lowrance's response I would also tell others not to deal with them.
20 -30 day turn around is really un acceptable.

Diablo Loco 03-27-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keysdivers (Post 1630283)
Sounds like you got sh.tty service from Lowrance and Navico! I wouldn't deal with either in the future and based on Lowrance's response I would also tell others not to deal with them.
20 -30 day turn around is really un acceptable.

If you paid by credit card, turn it over to your credit card company, explaining the situation. I am sure that you will not have an issue returning it then. That is a lot of money to have paid and not have that issue disclosed during the sale. "Caveat emptor" does not apply. Statutory Law should protect you. Although they may not have to give a refund, they must, at a minimum offer a credit or other compensation. They would lose in court based on the proof you have from the factory and the statement given by the store of purchase. It was fraudulently sold to you. (Not legal advise). Good luck. :toast:

kmoose 03-29-2012 11:30 AM

Lorance has been bass boat crap for many years now. Very fast on the draw with new technology and products....... Unfortunately they let then end consumer do their real world testing. If commercial fleet and fishermen don't use it...... neither should you.

xrispearo 03-29-2012 11:56 AM

Is the LSS-1 actually faulty or are they just claiming this? Ive heard its not "discontinued", they were sued into taking it off the market for copyright infringement and they might just be tricking you into buying something you dont need

Samson 03-29-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrispearo (Post 1631205)
Is the LSS-1 actually faulty or are they just claiming this? Ive heard its not "discontinued", they were sued into taking it off the market for copyright infringement and they might just be tricking you into buying something you dont need

They have come out with a LSS-2HD that is supposed to come out next month. All the research that I have done does indicate that the one they shipped me is faulty.

Ken Sauret 04-03-2012 11:08 PM

Lowrance has taken care of this issue as it was posted and dealt with on another website forum. I want everyone to understand that the faulty LSS-1 issue is being taken care of.

A press release was issued in January of 2012, Lowrance and Humminbird came to an agreement in the lawsuit and the case was dismissed. End of drama.

Lowrance continues to develop advances in their Structure Scan technology. The LSS-1 was the first generation of their Structure Scan units and the next generation will start shipping in just a couple weeks, the LSS-2. Because of a new advanced model coming out the first generation of Structure Scan is running low on supply which is a natural business trend when a new product comes to market.

As with new products that enter the marketplace, there are times when new things are discovered to improve operation and/or fix issues that may arise and a reputable company will offer updates at no charge so all their customers can benefit from those advances. Lowrance does this by offering free software updates for their electronics at www.lowrance.com.

Lowrance is not a company to sit on success. They continue to push the technological envelope as far as it can go. I'm certain that if we could see today, the electronics we will have access to in 10 years, we would not believe our eyes. I for one am excited to watch this progress and I hope you are too.

Ken Sauret

TeamDrugMoney 04-09-2012 09:34 AM

But what about his messed up LSS Ken?

Ken Sauret 04-11-2012 12:36 AM

Lowrance is sending a new LSS-1 from the warranty department. I mentioned this in the first line of my first post.

skidivefish 04-15-2012 08:43 AM

Ken. i assume you are a lowrance rep.
its good to see someone has taken interest in fixing a reported problem, however, it seems like as a consumer, unless we rant, scream, threaten to post unkind press here in our forums.,our fate would have been to wait the 20 to 30 days,if not more.
i have had issues with big companies resolved in usually one of two ways.
1) upstanding companies deal with us consumers as if WE were the reason they were in business. (ie, mako spearguns)
2) unscrupulous companies wait untill a court orders them to fix said problem.
im not saying your company is either,,, just saying..
as a consumer and a forum reader, i value the experiences and opinions of my "peers". and have had good results when purchasing based on the good advice of my fellow forum members.

Sebastian

los mentirosos 04-15-2012 05:47 PM

I was looking to upgrade my electronics 2 years ago. All the reading I did at that time led me to purchase Garmin over Humminbird or Lowrance. In all fairness to Lowrance, a captain friend of mine bought their unit and is still happy with it. Sometimes electronics are faulty regardless of brand. Customer service however is something each manufacturer Can control. Bennit trim tabs, Mako Spearguns, Raymarine are examples of excellent customer service. Any company who wants to be talked well about on these type of forums should do their best to emulate that level of excellence.

TeamTriggerfish 06-11-2012 04:24 PM

I had a bad experience with Lawrance customer service 20+ years ago and haven't bought another one of their products since. It's nice to have choices!