Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   California Spearfishing (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Clint Koberstein Memorial service info (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=37356)

Seaholic 11-13-2006 07:38 PM

Clint Koberstein Memorial service info

I want to let anyone who wanted to go to Clint's memorial service know when and where its going to take place.

The date is going to be Saturday the 18th at 10:30 am in the Conejo Mountain Memorial Park. Address is 2052 Howard RD. Camarillo Ca, 93010. Phone # 805-482-1959.

That is going to last between one to one and a half hours. After that we are all driving to the Channel Island Harbor so Tina (wife) can spread Clint's ashes on the water near where he passed away. We are going to walk to the end of the Break wall and from there Tina is going to go on a skiff only a little ways off and spread the ashes. You can either walk out with the group to the end to join in the event from there or like a lot of us you can bring your kayak or any means of water transportation so you can join on the water. Make sure you bring a change of cloth if you are joining on the water.

From there we are going to have a gathering at the Channel Island In Haul, which is less than ten minutes from the harbor. Address is 1001 E. Channel Island Blv. Oxnard Ca. 93033.

If you have any questions feel free to call me At 562-397-3443

Every one is welcomed.
See you there

chasintail 11-13-2006 10:27 PM

Re: Clint Koberstein Memorial service info

Richard,I would like to send flowers to the service.Would you call me or pm so I can get some more info?If this tragedy has caused financial trouble within his family I would rather send money than flowers.Anything I can do let me know.

rojodiablo 11-13-2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasintail
Richard,I would like to send flowers to the service.Would you call me or pm so I can get some more info?If this tragedy has caused financial trouble within his family I would rather send money than flowers.Anything I can do let me know.

The real trouble caused by this is emotional. Sending a prayer for Clint's wife and family would make him happier than any amount of money or flowers ever could. A card with a note would be fine, too. Anyone who wishes to send a card, my adress is: Paul Romanowski. C/O Clint. 17212 Ash st. Huntington Bch, Ca. 92647. I will take any cards recieved, and Richard and I will be sure to bring them to Tina and his family. Hope to see those who can make it there. :thumps:

Cyprus_Spearo 11-14-2006 01:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was devastated by the news. Unfortunately i have been very busy this past week and didn't have the chance to check the spearboard otherwise i would be in Cali last week. Richard was kind enough to let me know about Clint. I talked to Clint over the phone, i guess it was three or four days before the accident, about me comming to California in Xmas and meeting with him and Tina. It wasn't meant to be. I find no words to write to express my feelings right now. I am overwhelmed. Clint was my sponsor at the Fathomiers and the person that created a very close relationship with me this past year. I still remember my first dive here in California with him and Richard. He told me at that trip: "Respect the people you dive with and absorp the information they offer because they might be life saving." One of the most honest and sincere guys i ever met. He could win anybody with his big smile and friendly aproach. I lost my mentor and i still can't believe it. Flying out to Cali Friday night and hope to see you all to share the pain.

Petros

Erik Sun 11-14-2006 04:41 AM

It is rare to be a super diver. Rarer to be a super guy. Clint, you were both.
I will be there for you.

Erik Sun

seacrecher 11-16-2006 04:02 PM

For anyone in the South Bay/ Harbor Area that will be attending the service, I have room for 3, if anyone is interested in carpooling. Please send me a PM or call if you have my number.

John

thecrab87 11-17-2006 04:18 PM

Oh no! What happened? I've been out of touch for awhile.

I am so very saddened by this. I took Clint diving when he and his wife visited Maui some years ago. What a great guy he was; we had a blast diving together.

Bill McIntyre 11-17-2006 04:30 PM

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread...int+Koberstein

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=37265

thecrab87 11-17-2006 04:31 PM

man, I am so shocked. makes me want to cry. RIP, Clint.