Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Other International (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Spearfishing in Italy (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=37955)

DonJeffVivo 11-28-2006 01:40 PM

Spearfishing in Italy

Im going to Italy for 10 days during the Christmas holidays. I wanted to know if anyone can recommend me some spearfishing shops or villages en route or around florence, rome, or venice. I will be driving to each of those 3 cities. Is the gear cheaper in Italy?

Man-O-War 11-28-2006 03:55 PM

Re: Spearfishing in Italy

When in Rome stop by www.polosub.com and www.totemsub.it and get yourself a a custom suit for ~$200

Alesandro (sascha58) is from Rome...he is a member here

CountrySpearo 11-28-2006 10:44 PM

it depends on what you are buying and the conversions. But I'd say a lot of things there are cheaper when it comes to spearfishing. Also if you can make it north west there's The C4 factory

jackpine savage 11-28-2006 10:49 PM

Don- I would check out the exchange rate before you buy. Dollar is pretty weak against the euro so it may be a bit more expensive. Probably also want to do an offshore dive if you hook up with someone over there. I was in the Adriatic, other coast of italy, and did shore dives in 40-50 ft and it wasn't that great for fish, visibilty was nice though. Of course that was August so it may be better . Try this site for info,
http://www.medfish.com/forum/index.php

CountrySpearo 11-29-2006 12:42 PM

last I heard and that was just the other day was one euro was worth $1.30

El Cid 11-29-2006 08:45 PM

Spazio.libero is from Italy. I was there for a few days this past summer and he was trying to help me get out, so he seems like a good guy. Are you going to visit family or for vacation? If you're going to see family forget about doing anything but see them. Believe me, if you have family there you'd better not tell them you're going unless you want to spend 100% of your time with them!

sacha58 11-30-2006 06:30 AM

Hi I am from Rome , but I will be in Florida from 19th of dec till the 30th........If you pass through Rome during other dates call me 335 6942594. For general spearfishing shopping , including Totem, C4 and Polo wetsuits, go to " Emporio del pescatore " address : P.zza dell'Emporio, near the river Tevere and Porta Portese. The owner, Fabio Aleandri is a good friend and a spearfisherman......
Ciao
A

virgili 12-03-2006 06:43 AM

If you plan to do some SF don't forget to inquire about regulations...
"Italian" Gear is especially chipper (Mares..)
Two of the best italian guns?: Devoto dentice sub 120cm (wood gun) or MonosoccaC4 carbone 115cm.

mdandashly 11-26-2012 07:43 PM

I will be visiting Italy in December for the first time. My parents live in Florence. I would like to do some diving there. Are there any good charters I can check out?

'o Cino 11-27-2012 07:31 PM

Feel free to give me a PM.

I'm just north of Venizia, and (depending on dates) can meet halfway...maybe Choggia *excellent freshwater eel dishes! It's fun to dive the Adriatic and Bay of Trieste. The closest water to you from Firenze is Pisa (heading west), and north of there it gets into the Cinque Terre region.

Personally, I'm much more likely to be skiing IT/CH/SL, just in case you notice all the snow when flying over.

Oh Don, I swam the FSU submarine at the AUVSI :)

cldomson1 11-27-2012 08:21 PM

Jeff
Take some pictures of all the badass roller guns you see.
C

JackAttack 07-29-2017 09:25 AM

Bringing an old thread back. Anyone know of any Italian charters?